Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Koalas March posted:

I was pointing out that there was an entire movie released this year about racist "progressives". Get Out. You should check it out.

Progressives can be racist/transphobic like everyone else. They just tend to express it differently.

I have yet to see it. I don't disagree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Bicyclops posted:

They'll also pass a lot of laws that name local posts offices after people who died in the military.

I believe the plan is to privatize the post office.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

I have yet to see it. I don't disagree.

You should, it's very good.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
I hear Mitt Romney has binders full of Dylans.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

mik posted:

I'm not really too familiar with American senate politics, but if they can't pass Healthcare and let's say they can't do anything about Taxes either... what are they going to do for the remaining 3 years? Keep trying ad nauseam? I'm having some trouble keeping track of how many times they've voted on what, and when/if there will be an end to them trying.
Put another Supreme Court justice or two on the bench who will make life dramatically worse for millions of people for decades to come. Also, waste a few years before any legislation that actually addresses the real threats to society and humanity in general is even considered; perhaps waiting so long that the issues are unfixable by the time the Republicans are out of power.

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

mik posted:

I'm not really too familiar with American senate politics, but if they can't pass Healthcare and let's say they can't do anything about Taxes either... what are they going to do for the remaining 3 years? Keep trying ad nauseam? I'm having some trouble keeping track of how many times they've voted on what, and when/if there will be an end to them trying.

Honestly I think McConnell says screw it and goes nuclear. There aren’t really that many competitive senate seats in play in 2018, and if I was McConnell I’d bet that “winning” via passing a lot of bills that my party wants via my slim majority will piss off the Democrats but will empower and please the republican base even more. Most Americans have no idea that you need 60 votes in the senate and I would wager you could mostly make it appear as a non issue to just goto 50 required for all votes.

I’d say if nothing significant gets passed by November the brakes come off the train and the senate switches to majority only. Democrats will hem and haw over decorum but nothing will happen.

This sounds a tad Covok-Ian, but the truth is that it’s really bad out there and only gonna get worse.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

cravius posted:

There is literally no human on earth save yourself that you don't see as racist

LOL this post exposes you as a racist in multiple ways. Good job.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Republican trolling: get Democrats to admit they are in favor of trans people having people rights
Democrat trolling: get a bunch of Republicans to vote "No" on supporting "children with cancer" and "World War II Veterans."

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Where are we at on healthcare right now? I'm a little confused, so much going on.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Punkbob posted:

Honestly I think McConnell says screw it and goes nuclear. There aren’t really that many competitive senate seats in play in 2018, and if I was McConnell I’d bet that “winning” via passing a lot of bills that my party wants via my slim majority will piss off the Democrats but will empower and please the republican base even more. Most Americans have no idea that you need 60 votes in the senate and I would wager you could mostly make it appear as a non issue to just goto 50 required for all votes.

I’d say if nothing significant gets passed by November the brakes come off the train and the senate switches to majority only. Democrats will hem and haw over decorum but nothing will happen.

This sounds a tad Covok-Ian, but the truth is that it’s really bad out there and only gonna get worse.

there's not really that much that mcconnell wants to do that would benefit from the abolition of the filibuster, he's got another reconciliation bill, then in 2018 either dems retake the House and who cares what he can pass with 50 votes, or he gets two more reconciliation bills

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

I have yet to see it.

what kind of noob poo poo is this.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

empty whippet box posted:

Where are we at on healthcare right now? I'm a little confused, so much going on.

The Republicans managed their legislative minutia masterstroke, so if they have any ability to govern at all they'll destroy Obamacare by the end of the week.

Fortunately, they don't.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

cravius posted:

You're trying too hard

You're talking to the same person who after the election swore up and down all minorities would be in camps by now.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
CHAOS ON THE FLOOR OF THE SENATE!

Heller's pointless sense of the senate amendment is objected to by a firey senator from Vermont.

Heller demands a waiver!

PROCEDURAL THROW DOWN.

Yeah I can't make anyone care about this.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

They're preparing to vote on whether or not to add an additional humor to black bile, yellow bile, phlegm and blood.

Cruz has suggested skin oil.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Cruz amendment version: Failed.

Full repeal: Failed.

"Skinny" repeal: not voted on yet, not expected to pass but it'll be very slim. Not sure when it's being voted on.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Punkbob posted:

McConnell doesn't currently have 50 votes to repeal Obamacare. How is he going to get 50 votes to do something much more controversial to his caucus?

Part of the reason the filibuster still exists is that it gives individual senators a huge amount of personal power (to understand why, see "Lieberman, Joe"), and they don't want to relinquish that.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Trabisnikof posted:

You're talking to the same person who after the election swore up and down all minorities would be in camps by now.

Is Covok a McMagic rereg or just a kindred spirit

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Conservative racist: I, a white man, will not date a black woman, and that makes me a good person.

Progressive racist: I, a white man, will date a black woman, and that makes me a good person.

It's very simple.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Conservative racist: I'm not going to a black neighborhood at night, I might get shot.

Progressive racist: Is that neighborhood safe to go to at night? It seems shady.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Punkbob posted:

This seems likely, they've been operating as if they'll never have a serious contender for their seats again so this would be in line. It's what I'd want a Democrat-controlled senate to do. Decorum's dead and only D's seem to care.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Filthy Hans posted:

He's a guy who makes good homebrew classes for 13th Age, a tabletop role-playing game, who should go back to doing that

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

LOL UPDATE

Bipartisan smackdown of Heller's time-wasting.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Rotten Red Rod posted:

"Skinny" repeal: not voted on yet, not expected to pass but it'll be very slim. Not sure when it's being voted on.

"not expected to pass" is too strong, I think. I would neither be surprised if it passed or failed, but if I had to bet money on it, I'd say it passes and we're left hoping the HFC crazies save us.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

I'm confused. They are voting on something Heller brought up, and tons of Republicans (along with all Dems) are no.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Filthy Hans posted:

Wait did McMagic get banned

Also no, they're bad posters in very different ways

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

farraday posted:

LOL UPDATE

Bipartisan smackdown of Heller's time-wasting.

Good, let's not let his time straddling the fence make him think he's a loving Desperado.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I would say re: skinny repeal that nobody knows if it's going to pass or not, but that you probably have to lean slightly towards passage.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Conservative racist: I, a white man, will not date a black woman, and that makes me a good person.

Progressive racist: I, a white man, will date a black woman, and that makes me a good person.

It's very simple.

Where does the "I have black friends so I can't be racist" person fall?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

theflyingorc posted:

Wait did McMagic get banned

Also no, they're bad posters in very different ways

I am sad to let you all know that I have confirmed that mcmagic did not get banned.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I think your feeling this way is the result of the republicans being unable to do poo poo for six months despite controlling everything. hard to take them seriously anymore

I mean I do because I have to because they're in power but I am really starting to feel like they can't do poo poo and aren't gonna do poo poo.

They're going to kill the ACA by the end of the week.

Kale
May 14, 2010

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-transgender-military-trump-ban-1.4222787

Can't even make this poo poo up

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
did Caitlyn say anything about trump new position on trans people, or the trans/lgbt for trump group ?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

business hammocks posted:

They're going to kill the ACA by the end of the week.

How? Why do you think this?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Celexi posted:

did Caitlyn say anything about trump new position on trans people, or the trans/lgbt for trump group ?
"new"

https://twitter.com/Caitlyn_Jenner/status/890254837257981952

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Celexi posted:

Rigel posted:

I'm confused. They are voting on something Heller brought up, and tons of Republicans (along with all Dems) are no.

Heller added a useless does nothing amendment saying "medicaid is important" Bernie forced it to a procedural vote and it's like 8-90 on waiving the rule to allow it into the bill.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Celexi posted:

Was shocked and concerned, will probably still vote Republican

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

theflyingorc posted:

I am sad to let you all know that I have confirmed that mcmagic did not get banned.

After consultation with the mods and admins, please be advised that mcmagic did not get banned. Thank you.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

farraday posted:

Heller added a useless does nothing amendment saying "medicaid is important" Bernie forced it to a procedural vote and it's like 8-90 on waiving the rule to allow it into the bill.

It also said "We should repeal Obamacare" so I'm not sure whose support he expected to get

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

want to know what's happening with the individual mandate and how abolishing it could possibly work? don't know? you're in the same boat as the Senate!

https://twitter.com/AmeliaFrappolli/status/890336226032668672

• Locked thread