Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Zwabu posted:

Are Trump's tweets being archived in any systematic way?

By the White House?

By any dedicated websites? Or only here and there by random individuals taking screenshots?

Isn't there some Archives law that requires this?

Also, has anyone ever done a word cloud on Trump's tweets? I'd like to see that.

They are going into the Library of Congress. Preserved til Judgement Day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

But no plans for the long term, then?

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Zwabu posted:

Are Trump's tweets being archived in any systematic way?

By the White House?

By any dedicated websites? Or only here and there by random individuals taking screenshots?

Isn't there some Archives law that requires this?

Also, has anyone ever done a word cloud on Trump's tweets? I'd like to see that.

http://www.trumptwitterarchive.com/

a poster itt did a word cloud like 100 pages back. it was mostly fake news (?)

straller
Dec 17, 2013

DreamShipWrecked posted:

They are going into the Library of Congress. Preserved til Judgement Day

That's just right around the corner tho

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo
If Trump got hacked, what kind of insanity would it have to be to make anyone think that it wasn't him

Like, if the hacker posted "My newest orders are to nuke Europe because they SUCK" how long would it take before someone asked if it was fake

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Also, it would be ironic if Trump's tweets about banning trans military folks were prompted by Ann Coulter hectoring him about the base, because.. ah never mind.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

empty whippet box posted:

what the gently caress, is this as big a deal as I am covoking it out to be?

This is the Federal Government giving the green light to bigots to openly discriminate against LGBT people with the knowledge that they will not face any federal consequences for doing so.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

farraday posted:

"Premium costs in out years are difficult to estimate as the shift into a barter economy following the collapse of civilization makes dollar value estimates unhelpful. A review of existing literature suggests trade goods like livestock, blankets, and grains would likely be a medium of exchange in the blasted hellscape that would be future America. Using standard models, preventative healthcare would be out of reach for most American remnants."

I'm sure they could dig up Diocletion's tax reform, and jsut have everyone pay their tax in kind.

So you owe 10 days of programming work for the government, and you need to provide 50 bushels of corn, and you need to drive 500 miles of domestic troop transportation

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/QueerDSA/status/890301710702456833

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Cabbit posted:

I'm not a big wargamer. Would it be acceptable if I viewed this as the Technocracy leveling a chunk of Bangladesh with neutron bombs and orbital sun-mirrors in an attempt to put down the antediluvian vampire Zapathasura during the Week of Nightmares?

While you're answering that, I'll go find a locker to shove myself into.

Hey, Pentex is clearly pushing for a wolf cull in the Midwest so I'm more than prepared for the Week of Nightmares.

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

Unoriginal Name posted:

If Trump got hacked, what kind of insanity would it have to be to make anyone think that it wasn't him

Like, if the hacker posted "My newest orders are to nuke Europe because they SUCK" how long would it take before someone asked if it was fake

Follow-up question, would Orange Julius ADMIT to getting hacked and roll it back, or would he double down "OF COURSE I WANT TO NUKE EUROPE AND DAFT PUNK IS THE BEST THAT'S WHY I TWEETED IT"

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

https://twitter.com/dril/status/384408932061417472

e: loving DSA!

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Bicyclops posted:

McConnell has to be explicitly careful about employing the nuclear option now more than ever; if he does and Donald Trump hears about it, the President may misunderstand and being deploying actual nuclear bombs through Twitter.

What did they call the nuclear option before nukes/atomic science were a thing?

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

farraday posted:

"Premium costs in out years are difficult to estimate as the shift into a barter economy following the collapse of civilization makes dollar value estimates unhelpful. A review of existing literature suggests trade goods like livestock, blankets, and grains would likely be a medium of exchange in the blasted hellscape that would be future America. Using standard models, preventative healthcare would be out of reach for most American remnants."

Sue Lowden wishes to remind you that chickens can also be used.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

skylined! posted:

came here for to post this thing

also what is this thing

Given the title, this is the office of the white man who will be able to let ritual customers of megachurches know who they can deny wedding cakes to.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Whoa, the Majora's Mask version of the Trump Presidency

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

PhazonLink posted:

What did they call the nuclear option before nukes/atomic science were a thing?

The mustard gas option.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I got into an argument with a trump supporter about the new ban. He was very mad about people that never served telling the military how to do things when they opposed the ban. I am wondering how Trump not serving and telling over 15000 people they can't serve as they have before never occurred to him. He hasn't answered yet but I presume he needs some time to think up a way around that giant block in his brain.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Buy more F-35s. They've got a fantastic RoI!

chyaroh
Aug 8, 2007

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Holy gently caress there is so much wrong with that statement. For example it's totally possible to live with women and not rape them.

I'd know he has the secret service and all but god drat I wish some femarine would whoop the loving poo poo out of Mike Pence.

Perhaps the secret service should only use women for his protection detail from now on.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

This form of humor is getting seriously long in the tooth.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Prester Jane posted:

This is the Federal Government giving the green light to bigots to openly discriminate against LGBT people with the knowledge that they will not face any federal consequences for doing so.

They could still face state consequences if you are lucky enough to live in a state that has that.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Covok posted:

The mustard gas option.

What about before WW1?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

evilmiera posted:

I got into an argument with a trump supporter about the new ban. He was very mad about people that never served telling the military how to do things when they opposed the ban. I am wondering how Trump not serving and telling over 15000 people they can't serve as they have before never occurred to him. He hasn't answered yet but I presume he needs some time to think up a way around that giant block in his brain.

I'm sure he'll shoot back with something. Trumpafellstaff can't accept that Godking can be wrong. As that article put it earlier, it's the party of Kid Rock now: pissing off liberals is the only mission statement.

So, they voting on skinny repeal today?

Covok
May 27, 2013

PhazonLink posted:

What about before WW1?

The artillery option.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
https://twitter.com/mattwhouse/status/890362111301492737

Sandoval against skinny repeal. Lets see what Heller does.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Covok posted:

The artillery option.

A good av

edit: wait what

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

TildeATH posted:

This form of humor is getting seriously long in the tooth.

Say another word against probirdrights and I will feed you to my bird as heartlessly as I would if you were Brownback.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Let's be clear that DOJ amicus brief is revolting and it sucks but it's not complete 1000 years of darkness. Unfortunately, only I think 19 states and DC have laws that do not allow you to be fired because of sexual orientation.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Hollismason posted:

They could still face state consequences if you are lucky enough to live in a state that has that.

That is why I specified Federal consequences. I'm very lucky because I live in Portland- which is about as safe for a non-passing transwomen as exists in our country at present. I actually trust the local police not to target me for my gender identity.

If I was still living in San Antonio OTOH I can't imagine the conditions I would actually call the police under- the odds of either being victimized by the police or having my report simply discarded because of my gender identity would make relying on the police a risky gambit. One not to be undertaken except that there is literally no other option to preserve my life.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Why is my conservative friend gleeful that all the liberal poo poo is gonna come crashing down tomorrow?

Are they doing skinny repeal tomorrow or something?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Chilichimp posted:

Why is my conservative friend gleeful that all the liberal poo poo is gonna come crashing down tomorrow?

Stop being friends with him.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Chilichimp posted:

First, :sever:

Second, Republican Daines put up a single payer amendment that hes forcing Dems to vote on.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

Yeah, probably. Like 60/40 odds.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Chilichimp posted:

Still probably Friday, but could be tomorrow

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

twitter's hq should be burned to the ground for not banning the orange gently caress ages ago.

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

farraday posted:

Second, Republican Daines put up a single payer amendment that hes forcing Dems to vote on.

Hahahahhahahaha gently caress yeah everything is terrible and I hate it but this is great!

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I ever write a sci fi dystopia novel I know what I'm naming my main character

At any rate what's the difference between a skinny repeal and a full repeal and what would be preferable for someone who wants people to still have access to affordable healthcare

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/RalstonReports/status/890363472877240322

this is problematic for Heller because he basically said "im going to do what that guy says" and pointed to Sandoval earlier

he's shameless of course and will probably ignore this but it'll raise the heat on Heller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

farraday posted:

First, :sever:

he also made sure to copy the single payer that's been proposed by dems in the house so its harder to oppose it on technical grounds

will be interesting to see how they handle it

• Locked thread