Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Willa Rogers posted:

who cares? it'll be a handy list of which dems to primary.

would require the left to actually recruit candidates, so no real threat there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

ThndrShk2k posted:

Wasn't Bernie gonna submit something recently about single payer?
I was looking forward to see who voted against that.

he was holding off till brca dies for good. warren has agreed to co-sponsor iirc.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

ThndrShk2k posted:

Wasn't Bernie gonna submit something recently about single payer?
I was looking forward to see who voted against that.

he's gonna submit it after the gop bill is done, he doesn't want to take the focus off that. it'll never reach the floor for a vote, but there will be opportunities for dems to co-sponsor it

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Concerned Citizen posted:

would require the left to actually recruit candidates, so no real threat there

single-payer challengers to pelosi & feinstein have announced. And other single-payer challengers (against bad dems and/or repubs) have announced runs in states like WI and UT.

just bc you claim the left is sitting on its butt doesn't make it true. In fact, that you're saying poo poo like this is reason to believe it's false.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Here is Keith Ellison playing a song to celebrate Minnesota passing $15/hr minimum wage.

https://twitter.com/georgetakei/status/890354546521800705

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

he's gonna submit it after the gop bill is done, he doesn't want to take the focus off that. it'll never reach the floor for a vote, but there will be opportunities for dems to co-sponsor it

I think there was some idiot Gooper that wanted to force Dems to go on record as supporting single-payer thinking it would hurt them in elections. Get enough of them together and all the sudden it's on the floor...

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Willa Rogers posted:

single-payer challengers to pelosi & feinstein have announced. And other single-payer challengers (against bad dems and/or repubs) have announced runs in states like WI and UT.

just bc you claim the left is sitting on its butt doesn't make it true. In fact, that you're saying poo poo like this is reason as to why it's false.

these challenges always happen, the candidate landscape looks largely the same as 2016

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/billhumphreyma/status/890216437113028609

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

prisoners are slaves not people silly

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

these challenges always happen, the candidate landscape looks largely the same as 2016

look, we get that your livelihood depends on bad dems' continuing their bad status-quo poo poo. but just bc dems were/are too ignorant/calculating to acknowledge that (esp. younger) voters need & want more doesn't mean it isn't actually happening.

how many congressional challengers in 2016 were running on single-payer?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

DEATH

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

being the fascist warden from a women's prison movie is what makes Kamala Harris a feminist icon

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

The doorbell’s ringing
Could be the elves
But it’s probably the werewolf
It’s quarter to twelve

And when it’s midnight
And the wolf bites
It’s a full moon
She really got the appetite

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Willa Rogers posted:

look, we get that your livelihood depends on bad dems' continuing their bad status-quo poo poo. but just bc dems were/are too ignorant/calculating to acknowledge that (esp. younger) voters need & want more doesn't mean it isn't actually happening.

how many congressional challengers in 2016 were running on single-payer?

well first, more primary challenges = more job opportunities for me, so i'm not exactly against them. i wouldn't be against them even if it hurt me financially, though, in the same way that i'm 100% in favor of overturning citizens united and implementing public funding of elections even if it means big cuts to campaign budgets.

the question is not "how many congressional challengers were running on single payer" but rather "how many democrats are primarying incumbents from the left" since that is actually what we were talking about. more incumbents *and* challengers are running on single payer since it's a big litmus test issue for a lot of democrats after bernie's medicare for all stuff. that's good, by the way.

and the answer is "not that many" to both 2016 and 2020 in terms of number of leftist challengers. i mean heck, in past cycles we watched lieberman go down in a primary and blanche lincoln come within a couple points. there's not really much prospect of that in 2018.

Concerned Citizen has issued a correction as of 00:58 on Jul 27, 2017

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

navyjack posted:

Here is Keith Ellison playing a song to celebrate Minnesota passing $15/hr minimum wage.

Bernie's campaign for minimum wage increases was successful in multiple cities, no thanks to bad dems who whined about the impact on precious small business owners.

Don't care about workers or middle class, get rid of them.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

those initiatives have less to do with bernie and any national democratic effort than the tireless efforts of local organizers m8

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/DebraMessing/status/890311977737826304

:laffo:

e:

https://twitter.com/xmasape/status/890354551848677376

hahahhahaah

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

oregon's minimum wage increase is great because it's actually lower for rural counties

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Al! posted:

those initiatives have less to do with bernie and any national democratic effort than the tireless efforts of local organizers m8

true, but i don't really think you can pretend that bernie making it a centerpiece of his campaign wasn't a major force in terms of getting it done

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

dale u were 2 good 4 this earth :rip:

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

true, but i don't really think you can pretend that bernie making it a centerpiece of his campaign wasn't a major force in terms of getting it done
Yeah but that didn't stop the shills from claiming such last year

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Al! posted:

lol that "should everyone receive medical care" has become a wedge issue for democrats

like what the gently caress does the party stand for even

Compassionate Conservatism

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

this is hard to believe

wow

she hasn't deleted it after 3 hrs. is that her real opinion? no new taxes on the wealthy?

i guess the new republican strategy is to reveal democrats as two-faced weasels to take some of the heat off themselves?

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Al! posted:

lol that "should everyone receive medical care" has become a wedge issue for democrats

like what the gently caress does the party stand for even

why do you hate small business owners, Al?

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

lol, remember how bad-dems claimed that they lost the 2014 midterms bc they didn't defend the ACA? from my fav bad-dem researcher, Celinda Lake:

quote:

March 25th, 2014

On Tuesday, the much-anticipated George Washington University Battleground poll was released revealing a snapshot of the political landscape ahead of the 2014 midterm election cycle. Leading Democratic pollster Celinda Lake, whose firm Lake Research Partners provides the Democratic analysis for that bipartisan poll, shared her thoughts on the survey’s findings after it was released and warned vulnerable Democratic incumbents to ignore liberal pundits who say that they “embrace” the Affordable Care Act.

“In terms of Obamacare, don’t defend it,” Lake said bluntly at a briefing hosted by the Christian Science Monitor. “Say it was flawed from the beginning, and we’re going to fix it.”

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Scent of Worf posted:

why do you hate small business owners, Al?

because theyre terrible to their employees at best and rapists at worst

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Condiv posted:

this is hard to believe

wow

she hasn't deleted it after 3 hrs. is that her real opinion? no new taxes on the wealthy?

i guess the new republican strategy is to reveal democrats as two-faced weasels to take some of the heat off themselves?

I want a Susan Sarandon response.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i genuinely despize small business owners and think that supporting small businesses is the worst part of the dems economic platform

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

the best companies to work for by far are small to midsized nonprofits

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

more pearls of wisdom from bad-dem research

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Al! posted:

i genuinely despize small business owners and think that supporting small businesses is the worst part of the dems economic platform

I loved it when Corbyn owned that shithead tory small business owner in a town hall meeting.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

navyjack posted:

George Takei, good dem celebrity and he should have had his own Excelsior Series. Now lets go to a bad dem celebrity.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Al! posted:

the best companies to work for by far are small to midsized nonprofits

Goodwill of Delaware and Delaware Valley loving sucks

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Willa Rogers posted:

"your racist grandpa going a round with glioblastoma"

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Susan Sarandon Did Nothing Wrong

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Willa Rogers posted:

these all seem fine until you get to systematic inequalities and then its THE SYSTEM IS DOING GREAT ITS THE BAD APPLES

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Willa Rogers posted:

no one will stop me from saying "systemic inequities"

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Willa Rogers posted:

lol, remember how bad-dems claimed that they lost the 2014 midterms bc they didn't defend the ACA? from my fav bad-dem researcher, Celinda Lake:

Remember how mad people would get if you didn't defend the ACA with all your might even though it was a lovely as gently caress program?

Al! posted:

:agreed: a huge portion of them think they're captains of industry who deserve to have their issues take priority over those of lazy poors

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Al! posted:

these all seem fine until you get to systematic inequalities and then its THE SYSTEM IS DOING GREAT ITS THE BAD APPLES

all those read p much the same to me. i see "greedy few rigged the game (of which we are members), corporations/ceos have taken advantage (with our blessing)"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Goodwill of Delaware and Delaware Valley loving sucks

id hardly call goodwill small to midsize lol but ive heard bad things about goodwill specifically a lot

• Locked thread