Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

SunAndSpring posted:

Also very hypocritical of White Chain to say "I never lie or eat" despite having a coffee brewer in her apartment in the first arc.

she has done literally all the things she said angels don't do lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Reene posted:

it's pretty much the same thing Cio is doing
Cio tries to put her past behind her by being a little harmless writer; White Chain deals with feeling like she's not cut out to be an angel by denying all her un-angellic natures

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together

Reene posted:

They isn't really being hypocritical they're just being a hyper-repressed new convert to the Thorn Knights, she may has clung to the trappings of humanity and insipid gender in the past, but now he is an incorruptible, infallible upholder of the Law.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Sorry white chain but extortion and slavery are legal here.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

paragon1 posted:

And it was such a nice tea house, too.

Tea is extremely dangerous in the K6BD setting. If you want a safe job, you sell noodles, not tea.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I wonder if White Chain will wind up as a Petal Knight in the end.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Cat Mattress posted:

Tea is extremely dangerous in the K6BD setting. If you want a safe job, you sell noodles, not tea.

This has been true to life several times in history. Tea leaves have often been more valuable than gold, by weight.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Schwarzwald posted:

This has been true to life several times in history. Tea leaves have often been more valuable than gold, by weight.

The 1943 the British government bought all the stock of tea available (worldwide) because it was feared that if there was any breakdown in tea distribution the effect on British morale would be devastating.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

The 1943 the British government bought all the stock of tea available (worldwide) because it was feared that if there was any breakdown in tea distribution the effect on British morale would be devastating.

To this day British tanks have a hot water dispenser for the specific purpose of brewing tea. In the second world war, tank crews had to leave the vehicle and use makeshift kettles from salvage to make tea, which they did pretty much any time the tank stopped, which led to more than a few cases of tank units being wiped out in an ambush because they were out of the tanks making tea.
British soldiers were literally dying for a cuppa.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

SunAndSpring posted:

Also very hypocritical of White Chain to say "I never lie or eat" despite having a coffee brewer in her apartment in the first arc.

Technically she said eat not drink. Tea and coffee are hallmarks of law and civilization.

Also does anyone have a handy link to where petal knights are explained/introduced? I'm spacing on it.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

SunAndSpring posted:

Part of the law is being a good host to guests.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

After Gobolatula

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Jul 24, 2017

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Guildenstern Mother posted:

Technically she said eat not drink. Tea and coffee are hallmarks of law and civilization.

Also does anyone have a handy link to where petal knights are explained/introduced? I'm spacing on it.

I'm pretty sure it's only been explained on the ask blog, and I don't feel like looking it up. They've basically given in to their human side and are just a bunch of murderous hedonists.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Guildenstern Mother posted:

There's a lore card on his Patreon. Essentially, a Petal Knight is an Angel that's given up completely on the Law and has embraced their own desires, darkening their soul flames from white to black in the process. Usually in this lovely world their desires are "I love to murder and get paid for it!" and thus all the other Angels hate them, but unlike Thorn Knights they're not 100% made up of assholes; some just want to chill and enjoy themselves.

Also for some reason every one of them we've seen has been remarkably feminine-looking. The one in the lore card has some pretty nice hips.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

After Gobolatula

:3:

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

SunAndSpring posted:

Also for some reason every one of them we've seen has been remarkably feminine-looking. The one in the lore card has some pretty nice hips.

Ys was ostensibly a woman, so if their flame is changing from white to black, I guess it would make sense that they would resemble something more feminine.

Then again, White Chain looks pretty feminine too outside of her armor, and her flame is still white...ish.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Can Petal Knights lie?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I think that White Chain's problem is that she says she cares about law, but what really matters to her is justice, which is something that most angels and the universe at large doesn't really give a crap about.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

What are the thorns exactly? If you look at this angel it's engaging in bad behavior and it's body seems to be corrupted with all these weird growths portruding from it.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

It makes it look pretty devilish, which I assume is meant to be a clever visual cue.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

White Coke posted:

Can Petal Knights lie?

It seems like any angel can lie, it just cracks their bodies when they try it. I bet it's the same for Petal Knights, they just don't care as much.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Reene posted:

Ys was ostensibly a woman, so if their flame is changing from white to black, I guess it would make sense that they would resemble something more feminine.

Then again, White Chain looks pretty feminine too outside of her armor, and her flame is still white...ish.

Eh, true, but then again human dudes look like dudes in the Void. I think Abaddon just likes to draw feminine lads.

Also, I like the art evolution from Delicious to this new fellow. Delicious was basically a stony angel but with more cracks and a sick bola-like growth, but this guy or gal has a gnarly organic look to them.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

petal knights become chicks for the exponentially more varied fashion options, duh

Demiurge4 posted:

What are the thorns exactly? If you look at this angel it's engaging in bad behavior and it's body seems to be corrupted with all these weird growths portruding from it.

guessing whatever process they use to make their snappy new armor distorts their forms in the void, and their armor's all spiky cause it's a clearly recognizable uniform that you can poke somebody's eye out with

It's not like Metatron or 2 Michael or the other thorn-affiliated dick angels who didn't go full sea urchin look like that, only the official Thorns who also look like that in the material universe.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jul 24, 2017

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
do petal knights actually have their soul flame go black or is that a figure of speech? i thought that altering the basic nature of your or anybody else's soul flame was the purview of the as-far-as-the-universe-at-large-knows sheerly theoretical black art

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Looking at our four-armed bully friend here, the flame looks to be as blue-white as usual for angels; not black. So, figure of speech I'd guess.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

On the other hand it might put White Chain "darkening" into a different perspective.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

One reason for why the petal knights tend to seem more feminine might simply be because of how masc-normative The Law and its adherents are.
If you're constantly given the impression you're an "affront" to the Law, it seems likely you'd become disillusioned a lot faster than a more masculine angel would.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Tollymain posted:

do petal knights actually have their soul flame go black or is that a figure of speech? i thought that altering the basic nature of your or anybody else's soul flame was the purview of the as-far-as-the-universe-at-large-knows sheerly theoretical black art

Delicious's void form was certainly not like that of the other angels, being a very dark purple and pink and very human looking in comparison to the other angels who are more animalistic or abstract and never get darker than a navy blue. It's even mentioned in the lore card that the Petals say they're proof the Flame Immortal can change, although that's disputed by the Root Knights.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Root and Petal Knights might have their differences, but they both agree STEM Knights are smug douchebags.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Are there trunk knights? I feel like there should be trunk knights.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Who What Now posted:

Root and Petal Knights might have their differences, but they both agree STEM Knights are smug douchebags.
:golfclap:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
What about tendril knights?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Prob just too fuckin clingy

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
There used to be Leaf Knights, but they made like a tree.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
Whereas the Pollen Knights were all allergic to hard work.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
angels can be all kinds of colors in the void, but delicious's design does still have that suggestion of bluish-white flame

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Isn't color also based on how long the angel has been incarnated for (between revivals that change the number.)? Like juggernaut is igneous so rather firey while white chain is liquid and thus more watery? I think delicious was vaporous.

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Jul 26, 2017

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
juggernaut is a thorn

the thorns all look red and twisted

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
Secret Empire #7, or 'I expected nothing and was delivered less.'

Maybe don't make your entire plot hinge on a bill and ted plan played without a hint of irony

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

KaosMachina posted:

Secret Empire #7, or 'I expected nothing and was delivered less.'

Maybe don't make your entire plot hinge on a bill and ted plan played without a hint of irony
So who is the Secret Nazi in this scenario?

Cio?