Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Petr
Oct 3, 2000

TildeATH posted:

This form of humor is getting seriously long in the tooth.

Birds don't even have teeth you dumbfuck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Trump, two hours later: "This Tony Sacramento guy just sold me a new Jag! I haven't driven a real car in years but I got a great deal!"

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

Am I wrong for not caring at all about this because I find it hard to imagine someone worse than Sessions and rather enjoy watching him be publicly humiliated?

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

It's creepy as gently caress how he keeps hammering on the phrase young beautiful girl.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

AhhYes posted:

Am I wrong for not caring at all about this because I find it hard to imagine someone worse than Sessions and rather enjoy watching him be publicly humiliated?

Anyone with any sense at all should want Sessions gone as soon as humanly possible.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

AhhYes posted:

Whoever Trump appoints will be infinitely worse than Sessions because they'll fire Mueller on top of being racist and homophobic

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Same Great Paste posted:

It's creepy as gently caress how he keeps hammering on the phrase young beautiful girl.

Because the beauty of the White Aryan woman must not perish from the earth.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Koalas March posted:

When he says "beautiful... Girl" it literally looks like he starts saying "white" and catches himself.

Come on man

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
All Trumps Are Bastards

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Jesus Christ this is the worst I've ever seen him. Didn't see this last night.

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/890304972117626880

Dudes a loving Nazi. He's loving Hitler reincarnate.

this is absolutely insane and I feel like he was ad-libbing as he went, in the moment. There's no way he planned to say all that. The pauses were him thinking "a beautiful..uh.....GIRL...yeah, girl...and they uh...they TORTURE 'em...no, they don't just kill them, they...uh...they take knives and stuff and make 'em suffer!" He's just stdh'ing harder than ever before.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Jesus Christ this is the worst I've ever seen him. Didn't see this last night.

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/890304972117626880

Dudes a loving Nazi. He's loving Hitler reincarnate.

Trump is a caricature for me most of the time, I think as a defense mechanism. You've seen I joke about this ongoing shitstorm quite a bit. This clip really REALLY struck me, and not because of his words/delivery, which yeah, were horrendous.

Seeing the woman on the right side in this video, reading her expressions. Here is not a voter who wants to trigger libtards - this is not a person angry about taxes - here is a voter that knows within her heart that this is the strong man who will finally save us from those animals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuR_ALpzG9s

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Same Great Paste posted:

Racists love invoking the plight of the white woman beset by raping minorities to justify their poo poo. See: lynchings

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

AhhYes posted:

Sessions going would be the best thing to happen in a long time.

That said, this is a lovely way for it to happen and it puts us on a course to test the strength of our democratic institutions in a way that should scare you at least a little bit. Trump ditching Sessions specifically to get at Mueller would put Republicans in a position where they absolutely have to either act or admit that they have no interest at all in checking the power of the executive.

Z. Autobahn
Jul 20, 2004

colonel tigh more like colonel high

Spaced God posted:

Whoever Trump appoints will be infinitely worse than Sessions because they'll fire Mueller on top of being racist and homophobic

1) What makes Sessions uniquely terrible is that he's not just evil, but actually competent at being evil, unlike most of his cabinet. A lovely Trump toadie would've been able to do way less harm.

2) Firing Sessions, and then firing Mueller is one of the very few things Trump could do that would actually plausibly cause Republican Senators to openly revolt, because, god help us, they really like Sessions. It would also explode the Russia story from 'fire' to 'scorched earth'

3) Please god let him fire Sessions

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Pakled posted:

Racists love invoking the plight of the white woman beset by raping minorities to justify their poo poo. See: lynchings

Like seriously come on

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

AhhYes posted:

Well, dream scenario would be him firing Sessions and being unable to replace him.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

evilweasel posted:

the target is the 6-7 dems in red states up for re-election in 2018, he believes it's a wedge issue between their base and the people they need to get 51%

he may or may not be right, that's what makes it interesting, it makes it very hard for them to duck answering

my guess is that the dems may simply refuse to vote on any amendments at all until they see "skinny repeal" which would happily allow them to ignore the vote and not vote at all - or those red state senators may agree it's a net positive and go sure, i will vote for that

could schumer whip all the senate dems to vote no, effectively making the vote meaningless?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

What a fuckin day this has been.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Koalas March posted:

When he says "beautiful... Girl" it literally looks like he starts saying "white" and catches himself.

I thought the same thing.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

skylined! posted:

could schumer whip all the senate dems to vote no, effectively making the vote meaningless?

He's telling them to not vote, which is better.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Darth Windu posted:

Come on man

Darth Windu posted:

Like seriously come on

What are you concern trolling about now

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Tatsuta Age posted:

All Trumps Are Bastards

coincidentally, this is also something Trump never pays

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Ague Proof posted:

I thought the same thing.

REAlly tho?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Darth Windu posted:

REAlly tho?

Get to the point of your white noise posts idiot

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Autism Sneaks posted:

Get to the point of your white noise posts idiot

the point of his posts is to get a person to do what you're doing

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

what i was saying earlier re: votes
https://twitter.com/politico/status/890375972410863617

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

sincx posted:

He's telling them to not vote, which is better.

ya ok that makes sense

sure would be nice to see them all vote yes and a few repubs jokevote yes and suddenly a single payer bill goes to the house

i also want to win the lotto

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Darth Windu posted:

Like seriously come on

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...g_defended.html

quote:

eSouth is shielding itself behind the plausible screen of defending the honor of its women.” Indeed, Wells points to a host of Southern newspapers that defended “lynch’s law” with reference to an alleged epidemic of black-on-white rape. In one editorial, published by the Memphis Daily Commercial, editors declared, “The commission of this crime grows more frequent every year,” and, “There is no longer a restraint upon the brute passion of the Negro.”

As Wells-Barnett would show, however, there was no substance to the charge. “The world knows that the crime of rape was unknown during four years of civil war, when the white women of the South were at the mercy of the race which is all at once charged with being a bestial one,

Get some schooling my person

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Z. Autobahn posted:

1) What makes Sessions uniquely terrible is that he's not just evil, but actually competent at being evil, unlike most of his cabinet. A lovely Trump toadie would've been able to do way less harm.

2) Firing Sessions, and then firing Mueller is one of the very few things Trump could do that would actually plausibly cause Republican Senators to openly revolt, because, god help us, they really like Sessions. It would also explode the Russia story from 'fire' to 'scorched earth'

3) Please god let him fire Sessions

This is all important to know. Sessions is an unbelievably, unfathomably lovely human being, but he's also at least moderately intelligent, smart enough to know how to get done what he wants done. There are people Trump could find who are even worse in their objectives, but there aren't many there who have the combination of malice, knowledge/experience, and ability. Plus the fallout would be truly spectacular and preclude the replacement from doing almost anything other than attending Senate hearings or getting raked over the coals.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

That's on offering amendments, not on voting for Republican amendments.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Darth Windu posted:

REAlly tho?

Yeah, like, totes

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...g_defended.html

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Casey Finnigan posted:

the point of his posts is to get a person to do what you're doing

gently caress you rear end in a top hat nobody makes me post but TRUMP!

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
When's the last time we had a morbidly obese president?

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Avalanche posted:

taft

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Zwabu posted:

I wonder if they'll stay with him in the bunker.

The more important question is, if hannity is okay getting pissboarded.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Avalanche posted:

Cmon, he's just a tennis playin' fatty.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Are we counting what people at the time would consider obese?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

He did lose the weight by the end of his presidency. Trump does not seem to be heading in that direction.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Darth Windu posted:

Like seriously come on

Do you have a point to make or are you just going to say "dude come on" a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe
If he were actually morbidly obese, he'd be carried around on a litter.
Look directly at the truth, as harmful as it is. You know it to be true.

• Locked thread