Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Medullah posted:

Name another Punisher only villain. Him and maybe Barracuda are about the only recurring that I can think of. Otherwise it's the Gnuccis, generic mob family #23332, or some other random criminal.

I've heard of The Rev and Johnny Nightmare as candidates, though what I hear of Rev makes me think it's understandable that Marvel wouldn't be eager to use him.

There's also The Russian, but he's more a goofy lieutenant than a fully fledged villain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

ToastyPotato posted:

Imagining a story where Luke settles down and open a little coffee shop in Harlem.

Hahaha I'm proud of that there typo.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Cythereal posted:

There's also The Russian, but he's more a goofy lieutenant than a fully fledged villain.

Please let's keep Welcome Back Frank stuff out of the show. I enjoyed Ennis' run on The Punisher but we already have Preacher, I'd like the Punisher to remain a bit dark but not over the top.

War Zone was almost a great Punisher movie but they just made some bizarre choices, though it did give us the amazing

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Medullah posted:

Please let's keep Welcome Back Frank stuff out of the show. I enjoyed Ennis' run on The Punisher but we already have Preacher, I'd like the Punisher to remain a bit dark but not over the top.

I'm going more by the video game, which features The Russian as a campy comic relief henchman and boss fight.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Medullah posted:

War Zone was almost a great Punisher movie but they just made some bizarre choices, though it did give us the amazing

Season 2 of Daredevil borrows so much from the aesthetic of that movie they probably owe Lexi Alexander a royalty check.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
The video game also has Bushwhacker and General Kriegkopf, who could be potential villains. Plus the Gnuccis, though I couldn't see them carrying a full season of Frank.

And Bullseye is probably relegated to Daredevil.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Isn't The Hood a Punisher villain sometimes

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I don't mind there being a big bad in the Punisher season, I hope they stay away from it being related to the original family being killed. Frank works best when he's just a dedicated killer who just does his job. Keeping the murder "just another day of crime in New York" makes it darker.

Though I can't remember offhand if Clancy Brown had anything to do with it in DD season 2.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Medullah posted:

I don't mind there being a big bad in the Punisher season, I hope they stay away from it being related to the original family being killed. Frank works best when he's just a dedicated killer who just does his job. Keeping the murder "just another day of crime in New York" makes it darker.

Though I can't remember offhand if Clancy Brown had anything to do with it in DD season 2.

He did

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Yeah, DD season 2 pretty conclusively wrapped up Frank's origin. Everyone involved in his family's death is now dead, he's completely severed his old life as Frank Castle, and he's got the black bulletproof vest with the skull on it.

That being said, the casting announcement of Jigsaw said he's a former comrade of Frank from Afghanistan and now runs a PMC, and there are questions raised but not answered about what exactly happened to Frank in Afghanistan.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Maybe its just me but I hope any future Punisher stuff does something different than Ennis adaptations.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
To clarify, here's the known cast of Punisher besides the big guy:

Ben Barnes is Billy Russo, a former comrade of Frank's in the military who now runs a PMC.

Ebon Moss-Bachrach is Microchip, a former NSA analyst.

Amber Rose Revah is Dinah Madani, a Homeland Security agent investigating the Punisher.

Daniel Webber is Lewis Walcott, a young veteran struggling to return to civilian life.

Jason R. Moore is Curtis Hoyle, Frank's oldest friend who knows he's still alive.

Paul Schulze is William Rawlins, a CIA agent.

Jaime Ray Newman is Sarah Lieberman, Microchip's wife.

Michael Nathanson is Sam Stein, Dinah Madani's partner.

And Karen Page will be returning yet again.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
There's no way Microchip's wife survives the past episode 3.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/HappySYFY/status/888900299645001728/video/1
Was a short Grant Morrison miniseries a couple of years ago.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
They should try to tie the Punisher into the overarching mystical storyline from Daredevil and Iron Fist by making the demon Olivier the surprise main villain.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
There are tons of street level criminals that the Punisher could go up against that they could use and have him off. No one could care if Boomerang got shot or Constrictor.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!
Really think Silvermane would be a good choice, but he's probably tied up in Spider-Man stuff.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Medullah posted:

Name another Punisher only villain. Him and maybe Barracuda are about the only recurring that I can think of. Otherwise it's the Gnuccis, generic mob family #23332, or some other random criminal.

Hard to have a Rogues Gallery when you kill your opponents.

Hopefully we'll the Jigsaw storyline and have Luke Cafe crossover for the best Punisher storyline ever where he got plastic surgery to look black.

The Russian.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Medullah posted:

Name another Punisher only villain.

Peter Parker.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Rhyno posted:

The Russian.

I forgot he came back as a woman later in Ennis' runs. They definitely killed him in Welcome Back.

Did he have more appearances outside of Ennis'?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Punisher/Riverdale crossover imo

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

On the one hand that big-rear end brick laptop brings back so many memories, not all of them good. On the other hand, printer in a laptop? WANT! Who cares how much I'd actually use it?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

He did ask if Frank was dating again

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
That Defenders trailer looks really nice. I can't wait for it.

Really interested to see some kind of reason why the War for New York flies completely under the radar for Spider-Man.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

SonicRulez posted:

Really interested to see some kind of reason why the War for New York flies completely under the radar for Spider-Man.

It all happens on a school night.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

SonicRulez posted:

It's in Manhattan. Peter sticks to his turf, the Defenders stick to theirs.

I think Peter would have gotten the message about not setting foot in Hell's Kitchen or Harlem around the time they started exploding.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Cythereal posted:

It's in Manhattan. Peter sticks to his turf, the Defenders stick to theirs.

I think Peter would have gotten the message about not setting foot in Hell's Kitchen or Harlem around the time they started exploding.

"Um, Mr Happy, Sir? I know we talked about me branching out to the other boroughs, but I tried that the other night, and this scary lady threw me over a brownstone. She smelled like cheap whisky and vomit and called me... um... I kinda don't wanna repeat it?"

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Gaz-L posted:

"Um, Mr Happy, Sir? I know we talked about me branching out to the other boroughs, but I tried that the other night, and this scary lady threw me over a brownstone. She smelled like cheap whisky and vomit and called me... um... I kinda don't wanna repeat it?"

"And can I ask, uh... why are there ninjas in Manhattan?"

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Uh Mr happy, why is Danny Rand so poo poo at fighting? Can stark industries buy rand industries?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Medullah posted:

There was some weird behind the scenes stuff where some suit deliberately cut a bunch of the violence out of the movie just to spite the director.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Here is a podcast featuring the director that I believe goes into depth about the issues behind the scenes. It's been a while since I've listened to it (originally published online in 2011), but I think it does have some interesting info.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uxy9Izj6tc

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Teenage Fansub posted:

https://twitter.com/HappySYFY/status/888900299645001728/video/1
Was a short Grant Morrison miniseries a couple of years ago.

This is 100% the continuation of Stabler's char from SVU and I won't hear otherwise :colbert:

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
Riverdale S2 trailer: https://youtu.be/zj4rUYZxbag Not a whole lot there but hey, trailer

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Draco is not returning for season 4 of Flash. Which is too bad I liked the character and the performance.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

Draco is not returning for season 4 of Flash. Which is too bad I liked the character and the performance.

I'm still stunned that they didn't kill him off. I guess he'll have to die in the season opener then!

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Retro Futurist posted:

Punisher/Riverdale crossover imo

Both of these things would fit right in with each other.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

This is 100% the continuation of Stabler's char from SVU and I won't hear otherwise :colbert:
Having read and enjoyed Happy, the choice they made for the lead actor is just about perfect.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Keith David is going to be in New Warriors. This makes me extremely happy.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

HELL YES! There is no project that is not improved by the addition of Keith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Gaz-L posted:

HELL YES! There is no project that is not improved by the addition of Keith.

Community season 6?

The Cape?