Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

#swamp because him not reporting his financial interests is why there's a loving swamp to begin with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Cabbit posted:

At this rate I'm half expecting Trump to start ripping into the CBO during his morning poo poo and try to disband it neg it into disbanding itself.
109 members of the house just voted to do this

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

Mustached Demon posted:

#swamp because him not reporting his financial interests is why there's a loving swamp to begin with.

Nah all the information in the article is stuff he reported on his disclosure form.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

awesmoe posted:

109 members of the house just voted to do this

Before anyone jumps to conclusions, that vote ultimately failed.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

I saw a video of his gestures while speaking next to Trump's. He copies Trumo exactly. Now this tweet. Trump is threatening sessions on Twitter so now mooch is threatening priebus on Twitter. His entire strategy is going to be just do exactly what Trump does

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
What are some good politics podcasts? I really like Chapo and I kinda like Pod Save America.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Your Taint posted:

So Trump bans trans service members in order to secure border wall funding. I hope this rear end in a top hat drops dead of a stroke.

This would be bad. Pence would become 46. Any hope of him getting caught up in the investigation would be lost because the investigation would probably stop.

Trump staying president until the investigation is finished and wraps up everyone it possibly can is the best out come.

Like, sure he's a gently caress. He does terrible things. Well, more importantly he TRIES to do terrible things. And he's damaging our national image at insane rate and turning political culture into a shitshow and legitimizing bigotry and poo poo, but he's not actually doing anything meaningful in terms of policy.

If Pence became 46, he could continue down the path of bigotry and disbanding our social nets and he would probably actually be able to make Rs more or less work together to do it. With the current majority he could steamroll whatever hosed up poo poo he wanted.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The Bernie Sanders show.

Audio nerds hate it apparently, but all it is is super short easily digestible interviews with various activists and policy experts.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

prom candy posted:

What are some good politics podcasts? I really like Chapo and I kinda like Pod Save America.

I like the Slate Political Gabfest. The hosts are all very well-informed and able to productively disagree.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

prom candy posted:

Vox's The Weeds is okay for policy analysis. I can't stand Matt Yglesias and I still mostly like it, for what that's worth.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

farraday posted:

Nah all the information in the article is stuff he reported on his disclosure form.

The gently caress he bitching about then? Golden leaks? Out of hookers?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

prom candy posted:

Run The Jewels III

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

prom candy posted:

Depends on what you're after, I listen to What a Hell of a Way to Die, Wide Left, Arsenal for Democracy, and Whistlestop, bit of a variety of style in there but ymmv.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Mustached Demon posted:

The gently caress he bitching about then? Golden leaks? Out of hookers?

The fact the disclosure form was leaked.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

T_D is especially awful today wrt the "trannies".

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

prom candy posted:

What are some good politics podcasts? I really like Chapo

Getting conflicting messages here

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

enraged_camel posted:

T_D is especially awful today wrt the "trannies".

I remember after the Orlando shooting, they had a very highly upvoted thread called "Don't we love our f*****s?"

You know, minus the asterisks.

Serfer
Mar 10, 2003

The piss tape is real

Pakled posted:

I remember after the Orlando shooting, they had a very highly upvoted thread called "Don't we love our f*****s?"

You know, minus the asterisks.

I'm guessing the answer was "no"

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

farraday posted:

The fact the disclosure form was leaked.

Whoopty drat Doo.

My point still stands: he's exactly the thing they're all complaining about. Perfect fit for the voice of the Cheeto regime.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

https://twitter.com/ryanlizza/status/890411640881131521

lololol

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

the Mooch is the gift that keeps on giving

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

It's like knives are coming out except instead of knives it's a bunch of bendy straws.

No we're not on the planet where you become emperor if you drink the previous emperor.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I never before followed "eat the rich" to its natural conclusion of the rich eating each other

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Trump hires the best people.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Mustached Demon posted:

It's like knives are coming out except instead of knives it's a bunch of bendy straws.

No we're not on the planet where you become emperor if you drink the previous emperor.

someone on Twitter coined the phrase "Night of the Long Sporks" which i quite liked.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Hey there were two votes on the whole loving heath care system today and all Trump has to do is make an idiotic tweet to drive it out of the news cycle.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

prom candy posted:

I like slate's political gabfest, and slate's whistlestop for a more historical perspective. Basically anything with John Dickerson I am a sucker for.

You mentioned the most popular other two already. Pod save the world and With friends like these are both decent as well.

I'm sure there's a ton more but those cover a pretty good ground.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/_ksl/status/889917885681987588

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

so when reince and his people get tossed out that just leaves pence and his tenuous connection to mainstream republicans right?

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Arglebargle III posted:

Hey there were two votes on the whole loving heath care system today and all Trump has to do is make an idiotic tweet to drive it out of the news cycle.

Mostly cuz they were abject failures AND we already knew they didn't have the votes for them. Because if they had they'd have voted already. So Trump's Nazi-tweets are more interesting for the moment.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Arglebargle III posted:

Oh my, all he has to do is make bigotry policy to distract us? Heavens!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Arglebargle III posted:

Well these were both ones where everyone knew the outcome ahead of time.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

I like slate's political gabfest, and slate's whistlestop for a more historical perspective. Basically anything with John Dickerson I am a sucker for.

You mentioned the most popular other two already. Pod save the world and With friends like these are both decent as well.

I'm sure there's a ton more but those cover a pretty good ground.

I listen to all of the Vox and Crooked media podcasts and rank them as such:

Lovett or Leave It > Pod Save America > Weeds > Pod Save The World > Pod Save the People > Worldly (Vox's new foreign policy podcast) > With Friends Like These. But they're all good and worth listening to.

Also, listen to Politically Reactive with Kamau W. Bell and Hari Kondibolu.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Maybe she should have campaigned passinately for literally anything in 2016 aside from Trump bad and yass queen

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

D-Pad posted:

His entire strategy is going to be just do exactly what Trump does
In a month, Scaramucci is going to walk onstage wearing Donald Trump's orange skin as a suit, his eyes staring out from the vacant holes in what was our President's face, declaring that HE is Donald Trump. On that day, America will be faced with the toughest question yet: Deciding if we even have a problem with this.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Fitzy Fitz posted:

He's not trying to undermine the president. It's just a lame attempt to please the boss.

Sessions seems like the guy to hold a grudge.

I could see him selling this to the boss that way, but using it to gather ammunition against enemy factions within the white house.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

It's like complete morons watched the original Star Trek episode "Mirror, Mirror" and thought it was a guide for how to conduct oneself in politics.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

prom candy posted:

Opening Arguments is nominally a legal podcast, but it is really mostly a political podcast from a legal perspective. It's fair-minded, and although both of the hosts are lefties, they try to stick to the reality of things. They pay a lot of attention to the Supreme Court, and the criminality (or non-criminality) of whatever the gently caress the Trump administration has stepped in.

Highly recommended; about 2 hours of shows per week.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

the talent deficit posted:

so when reince and his people get tossed out that just leaves pence and his tenuous connection to mainstream republicans right?

Reince will be left alone in a room with three shells and told to do the right thing.
Trump will probably be happy to have Mooch do his strong arming for him, but I wonder exactly who they bring in to replace Reince's people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Like maybe this goes without saying, but it is particularly absurd that not only is a guy who's been around for six days demanding an FBI investigation of Trump's chief of staff, but he's doing it very publicly on Twitter. He's, for some reason, broadcasting the dysfunction.

• Locked thread