Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Professor Bling posted:

The thing is that the arguments I'm seeing are the same ones that were lodged against LGBT serving in the armed forces, and apparently they're just modified versions of arguments made against integrating the armed forces back during Korea.

Probate me but this is a legitimate thing that I think we could talk about. Each time I think about something trans related, I run it through a filter first and see if it would be the same if I used gay people.

I have to remind myself that the issues facing trans people are not exactly the same as gays, but close enough.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Obama'a policy seemed like a fair compromise for everyone involved except people who are just prejudice and probably don't want gay people serving either.

I say this as a dumb grunt who admittedly isn't 100% comfortable with the idea of transsexuals serving, which probably comes from ignorance and probably even some prejudice since I can't give you a concrete reason why I'm not 100% comfortable with it. If you can strap a bunch of weight on your back and walk around the Middle East and shoot somewhat straight (at the very least in the same general direction as everyone else), then I don't really care what you do in your personal life.

Blaming it on having to pay for it out of tax dollars is loving stupid given the amount of money wasted on stupid poo poo that people don't complain about.

There was a gay guy in my platoon. The only problem i had with him was he played way too much Madonna in his car. Other than that? I didn't even know he was gay for a long time.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Batshit insane R's in Texas are trying to ram an NC style bathroom bill down the state's throat and their entire argument is transgender people are going to rape your children because theyre broke-brained so its refreshing to see some of you adopt this same sort of mindset and no it really isn't :sigh:

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

JacksLibido posted:

So you're basically saying that there should never be debates or discourse on any subject ever because minds can never be changed. So how does one side or the other win? By being brow beaten into submission? Execution? Wtf

Can you imagine the nightmare this would cause if said intel/nukes was a transexual? Who would have to watch the shower? Would it be the original gender or the new gender? Define unbalanced? What if a transexual was also just an unbalanced person without regard to their sexuality, how would you get through that minefield without having said person do the inevitable "my commander is just a bigot!"

You're a retarded and a coward who would rather ruin the careers of service members based on ridiculous projections than enable their commitment to the military. Your arguments are based on frivolous speculation and conjecture and literally have no place in a result based organization like the DoD.

You're not being shouted down because people disagree with you, you're being shouted down because you're an idiot who brings nothing to the discussion but "imagine this tho!" Which was the lame dick argument brought for integration and DADT. Get hosed

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/890369271259385862

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Yah I dunno not sure about transgender people in the military personally. Or gays. Or straights. Or anyone. Everyone should be banned cause the military is loving stupid

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
People need to have "marginal" and "effective" tax rate explained to them. People look at "marginal tax rate of 44% on anyone making $5m or more" and think that means almost $2.5m in taxes.

People have no idea how tax brackets work.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

guillotine the rich

hang all nobles

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

She's a leader now?

Oh, ok Glenn.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Greenwald has crawled so far up Trump's rear end it isn't funny anymore. I hope he dies up there.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

TBeats posted:

People need to have "marginal" and "effective" tax rate explained to them. People look at "marginal tax rate of 44% on anyone making $5m or more" and think that means almost $2.5m in taxes.

People have no idea how tax brackets work.
I'm going to structure my business so I don't make more than $250k/year so my taxes don't go up :bahgawd:

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I simply asked that we drop the trans in the military talk. After I got back from my walk I realized we should be able to talk about the number one topic in the news. I also realized I said I'd probate your dumb asses for going on about it.

So good news, you can talk about it. But I'm still probating you idiots because I said I would.

Save the PM's and see ya in 6 hours champs.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Hell yeah this thread went places

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
in which the White House Communications Director basically accuses the White House Chief of Staff of a felony.

https://twitter.com/Scaramucci/status/890401606893809664

I think this is about the leaking (probably not illegal even) of Mooch's financial disclosure and really, really fishy $180m pending sale of a fund of funds business to a Chinese conglomerate.

Honestly, it's kind of refreshing to have a Trump advisor get tangled up in a shady deal with some other country that isn't Russia.

Edit: :toot:

https://twitter.com/RyanLizza/status/890411640881131521

https://twitter.com/PhilipRucker/status/890412792456544259

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jul 27, 2017

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Casimir Radon posted:

Greenwald has crawled so far up Trump's rear end it isn't funny anymore. I hope he dies up there.

It may be the tinfoil speaking but Greenwald, along with (idk probably) Palast and a few other deep-end Bush critics back in the day really seem to have gotten drawn into the broader Russia-based disinfo efforts. Like they start as normal left-ish critics then, well, you get into no-blood-for-oil, 9/11 truthers, RT is feeding you the unbiased unshackled truth, Alex Jones is there with no shirt on and some guy is handing you amyl poppers and by 2009 everything is a lie anyway and Obama is a crocodile, vaccines are the mark of the beast and Facebook is the only place you can pierce the veil. Hell by 2016 you think Trump is there to kick over the whole system and free everyone like he's an old fat Keanu Reeves.

That got a little long in the leash but what I'm getting at is that yeah Greenwald is deep in the Trumpass and it really seems like he used borscht for lube.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Dead Reckoning posted:

EXTERIOR: A TROPICAL BEACH

-An older man reclines on a beach chair. A half empty drink with an umbrella sits on the sand next to him. He watches the waves roll in with a relaxed air. Although he has put his burdens down for the moment, the bodyguards with earpieces and Hawaiian shirts concealing their gun belts stand at a tasteful distance, breaking the illusion of a pensioner at his leisure.

Jim Mattis: (under his breath) ".. don't know the reason, stayed here all season..."

-an AIDE hurries across the sand from the direction of the hotel. Nervous, scattered, dreading having to give his boss bad news.

JM: "...but it's a real beauty, a Mexican cutie..."

Aide: "Mister Secretary, sir, the President just went on Twitter and..."

JIM MATTIS puts his fingers in his ears

JM: (at the top of his lungs) "WASTED AWAY AGAIN IN MARGARITAVILLE. LOOKIN' FOR MY LOST SHAKER OF SALT!"

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

orange juche posted:

Dude gently caress that it's not gonna be lame like Universal Soldier it's gonna be Les Enfants Terribles and we're gonna get Solid and Liquid Snake.

my two beautiful mercenary sons:

Zeroisanumber posted:

I just found out what this was and it's the dumbest possible thing, so yeah we probably thought it up.

You have to die to win, so the theory that it started in Russia makes sense to me.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Just make a transgender military debate thread. Or go to honeypot.

Just. Walk. Away. There will be an end to the horror.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

How about allow debate in this thread but all posts must be delivered in audio form in the style of Bobcat Goldthwait.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
Where would the US Navy (or any US military branch really) even be without thai transexual hookers?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Suicide Watch posted:

Where would the US Navy (or any US military branch really) even be without thai transexual hookers?

If we're talking about Fat Leonard, imma guess "somewhere besides federal prison"

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

shame on an IGA posted:

If we're talking about Fat Leonard, imma guess "somewhere besides federal prison"

With a lot fewer cases of VD.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Casimir Radon posted:

I read this as him making fun of that person, not agreeing with them? Wasn't Greenwald the dude that did the Snowden interviews? When and how did he start crawling up Trump's rear end

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Suicide Watch posted:

Presumably another southeast asian country

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I read this as him making fun of that person, not agreeing with them? Wasn't Greenwald the dude that did the Snowden interviews? When and how did he start crawling up Trump's rear end
Greenwald spends an inordinate amount of time going after critics of both Trump and Putin pretending to be the voice of reason. In reality the post 9/11 world broke his brain and turned him into a stupid conspiracy theorist shitbag.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jul 27, 2017

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Greenwald climbed up Trump's rear end because it was clear Trump is a friend to Russia and harming America, which are the two things Greenwald likes reporting on.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

JacksLibido posted:

But it looks like most people don't want to talk about it so I'll go check out DnD I guess.

In a fit of irony the last mark on the rap sheet was Ralp probations involving one of the times Shim got banned.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
It's official, administration members are calling the FBI on each other.

https://twitter.com/HotlineJosh/status/890423384739328001

And Steve Scalise is officially out of the hospital, now to inpatient rehab.

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/890423267122720770

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLKnCeeAW48

pick up the pace
Dec 7, 2009

This whole administration seems oddly obsessed with leaks :thunk:...

pick up the pace fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jul 27, 2017

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Suicide Watch posted:

I read this in Bobcat Goldthwait's voice and it is beautiful.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

facialimpediment posted:

:stonklol:

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I really hope we survive this presidency so historians can write books on just what is happening in this administration from ground zero. :stare:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

KildarX posted:

I really hope we survive this presidency so historians can write books on just what is happening in this administration from ground zero. :stare:

Assuming we don't all end up needing SPF 1,000,000 from canned sunshine, the internet is going to make the job of future historians both easy and impossible. "No I'm not joking, stop laughing dammit! Look, right here, this is what they called a 'tweet' and he seriously said that. I'M NOT KIDDING drat YOU."

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

what if the mooch is an FBI informant lol

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

facialimpediment posted:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Suicide Watch posted:

... Afghanistan?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
aaaaaaaand Scaramucci deleted his initial tweet kicking this whole thing off and is now yelling fake news

https://twitter.com/Scaramucci/status/890433477337915393

Meanwhile, the Interior Secretary (?) is actively threatening Senator Murkowski and Senator Sullivan of Alaska over Murkowski's healthcare vote. Basically: "shame you voted against our bill... maybe I'm more inclined to sell Alaska to the Russians now!"

https://www.adn.com/politics/2017/0...ons-for-alaska/

Edit: The Mooch is a big dumb idiot. His financial disclosure has been available for FOUR DAYS publicly. Reince didn't leak it, it was requested and available :downs:

https://twitter.com/elliosch/status/890436461832622080

https://twitter.com/ObsoleteDogma/status/890439598379335680

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jul 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

The Mooch is a mystery. What beliefs he seemed to have were not particularly conservative, and he's leaving a lot of money to do this job. Either he just wants to be famous or he thinks he can make even more money on the Trump train.

• Locked thread