Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Haven't read the spoilers, but I'm betting Jon doesn't bend the knee to Dany and they wind up marrying for political reasons, and he gets to gently caress his own..aunt or whatever she is to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
did the message jon got even mention bending the knee? i thought tyrion intentionally sent a less aggressive version of what dany wanted

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

whoflungpoop posted:

did the message jon got even mention bending the knee? i thought tyrion intentionally sent a less aggressive version of what dany wanted

Tyrion: only competent person in westeros

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

are fine c-cup titties in the equation

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

whoflungpoop posted:

I think it did

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
So they seriously left out the pig-mounted jousting midgets?

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Yolomon Wayne posted:

So they seriously left out the pig-mounted jousting midgets?

There were jousting midgets, they just didn't become characters.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Universe Master posted:

There were jousting midgets, they just didn't become characters.

Thank god.

Some things book does bad, some things show does good. Vice-versa.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Away all Goats posted:

he's like really ugly and hairy in the books but in the show his voice could seduce a table

Agreed, he has one hell of a voice, not Charles Dance level but it's definitely up there.

Edit: VVVV I think you just proved that he wouldn't :swoon:

EPIC fat guy vids fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jul 27, 2017

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

Agreed, he has one hell of a voice, not Charles Dance level but it's definitely up there.

Could he out-dance the Dance?

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
I want the Northerners to end up having their own kingdom in the end. All this talk by Danny about Jon & Sansa bending the knee pisses me right off.

I'm all for an armed branch of the North Liberation Movement

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'd be surprised if there was much left of the North after the Others tear through it. Though a not so small part of me hopes that the Others just sort of stop at Winterfell and say, "OK, we're here now, you can have everything south again. See you in another 7000 years."

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

I'd be surprised if there was much left of the North after the Others tear through it. Though a not so small part of me hopes that the Others just sort of stop at Winterfell and say, "OK, we're here now, you can have everything south again. See you in another 7000 years."

How will they get to it ? They can't touch water and the Wall is gigantic. I still don't understand how they will cross that barrier

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Decebal posted:

How will they get to it ? They can't touch water and the Wall is gigantic. I still don't understand how they will cross that barrier

They could always walk.

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
One of the spoilers is that, much like his namesake, Viserion will die like a bitch, and the Night King will rez him and use as a mount. Somethingsomething blue flame? I'm also betting that much like the tree, Bran's mark will render the spells on the wall useles, allowing the White Walkers to power through

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

They could always walk.

Freeze the sea ? I guess that Night King might have that power

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

Ice dragon will melt the wall

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

some eagle eyed nerds noticed that in the intro the sea to the east of the wall is frozen in S7, and wasn't in previous ones

so maybe they are just going to walk around it. :toot:

how come the DAT GONE STAG is still on king's landing though?

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
The Kings who forfeited their crown to Aegon the conqueror really didn't have to give up much except their titles. They maintained their own laws, customs, and area of control. The ruling houses were basically kings in all but name. Aegon didn't really want to rock the boat after the conquest. His grandson, King Jaehaerys I, was the one who made some sweeping law changes.

Most of them made sense and had to do with justice / law enforcement and he was a cool King so the ruling houses didn't put up much of a fuss. The customs of the North remained relatively unchanged. The only big one was the elimination of "first night" where the ruling lords got to bang whatever new bride they wanted. The Starks were forced to give the "new gift" to the Night's watch, which apparently they didn't mind much at all because it was an area they didn't want to deal with anyway.

I don't think Jon gives a poo poo if Dany wants to be queen of the world. He's going to use her desire as leverage to get help against the White Walkers and promise to kneel before her once it's all over with.

:eng101:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Jon doesn't give a poo poo about being king or bending the knee, it's everyone else around him that does. TBH if Sansa wasn't chiming in to contradict him at every turn, I feel like he could probably have convinced everyone else that "ok yeah King in the North and all that but let's be realistic here." The North's whole thing was "don't go South, stay here and run the North so we can get through winter" so if Jon's stated goal was "I'll bend the knee but you have to make me warden of the North" I don't really see why anybody but Sansa would have an issue with it.

Oh yeah, :goonsay:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Also if they gently caress it's what, aunt/nephew? Not sure how that rates on the creepiness scale vs. cousin/cousin, but that seems to happen fairly often in this world. Also weren't the Tarfs known for marrying their direct siblings?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Targs are like Egyptians where the bang bro to sis and make straight up retards.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Glenn Quebec posted:

Targs are like Egyptians where the bang bro to sis and make straight up retards.

I always assumed that's why he wrote Danny to be such a dumbass to show that bro-sis kids are a bad idea.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I always assumed the Mad King was the "this is what incest does" insert, with Viserys as a second.

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
To be fair I'd probably be raising an army of retarded children if my sister looked like emilia clarke.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
:chloe:

Don't gently caress your siblings pls

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

FAGGY CLAUSE posted:

To be fair I'd probably be raising an army of retarded children if my sister looked like emilia clarke.

Zzulu posted:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Nor your mother or father

It's a bad idea all around

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I don't think the mods like this thread. Asked all of them to change the thread title to something non-spoilery, none would do it. Weak.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Targ's are super-inbred. Dany's parents were siblings, and the Mad King's parents were also siblings. Her great grandfather was a normal and chill dude, who was brother to Aemon.

But yeah, all the inbreeding is why every other Targ is a big weirdo. Dany and Jon may be aunt / nephew - but they're probably closer genetically to brother and sister.

Straight up cousins isn't so bad, provided there isn't any other inbreeding which had already happened. Your chance at genetic defects are like 1% ish. FDR and Einstein both married their cousins.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Zzulu posted:

I think if you look at what Ancient Egypt accomplished VS. Ancient Sweden you would come to the conclusion that sibling loving is OK

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

yeah I eat rear end posted:

How can anyone be "moved" by the Jorah/dany love thing? Imagine if a goon Jorah's age posted about how to win over dany in e/n and detailed all the great lengths he went to win her over.

Jorah is hot for an old man tho.
His voice reminds of Lor'themar's from world of warcraft and that pleases me.

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The only possible reason for Jorah sticking around that I can figure is so he can kill the mountain or something.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Decebal posted:

I think if you look at what Ancient Egypt accomplished VS. Ancient Sweden you would come to the conclusion that sibling loving is OK

The sky is the limit!
When you have an unlimited number of slaves

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Waltzing Along posted:

I don't think the mods like this thread. Asked all of them to change the thread title to something non-spoilery, none would do it. Weak.

Lol

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

remigious posted:

I got second hand embarrassment from the post.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

The sky is the limit!
When you have an unlimited number of slaves

Pyramids were not built by slaves ! (a common misconception )

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

remigious posted:

I guess but given Dany's age it's still really weird how many people are obsessed with seeing them hook up in the end.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I guess but given Dany's age it's still really weird how many people are obsessed with seeing them hook up in the end.

Jon snow is so bland looking he makes me want to barf (and now he has a man bun!?), so as long as Dany ends up with anyone but him I'll be happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

people that want to hook up with danaerys:

Jorah: 60 yo man
Jon Snow: Nephew Incest
Yara: Gross, also captured by euron
Tyrion: lol this is what it's gonna end up being. lmao