Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alnilam

Munchables posted:

The animated Mario show is anime

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starman Super DX

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.
all cartoons are anime if u rly think about it....

Tell me more!
btw ty Birdcon for the sweet spring sig

Ride The Gravitron

by FactsAreUseless
Bojack horse-san

alnilam

many, heck probably most animes are objectively bad and creepy
some are whatever but if they're your thing then it's fine
some are pretty dece
a few are extremely good

I happen to think Akira is really good

This has been My Anime Opinions starring Alnilam

Munchables

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Ride The Gravitron posted:

Bojack horse-san

Lmbo

pogi

Ride The Gravitron posted:

Bojack horse-san

lol

bacalou

uhh poo poo

• the simp-sans
  • adventure daimyo
  • regular shogun

poo poo
IT'S ALL poo poo

bacalou

also akira is really good and so is the original ghost in the shell

bacalou

this has been anime pinions [/pinions]

Twenty Four

Do those flip books that make a scene that appears to move count as an anime? Do they have to have spikey hair people for it to count?

Pikachu

DANGER DANGER
HIGH VOLTAGE

Twenty Four posted:

Do those flip books that make a scene that appears to move count as an anime? Do they have to have spikey hair people for it to count?

no, those are clearly manga.

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

alnilam posted:

many, heck probably most animes are objectively bad and creepy
some are whatever but if they're your thing then it's fine
some are pretty dece
a few are extremely good

I happen to think Akira is really good

This has been My Anime Opinions starring Alnilam

This is also my opinion.

AverySpecialfriend

by Hand Knit
i watched the second half of akira and it was really good, makes me wanna go back and watch the first half

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Rock Paper Tongue

May cause birth defects

Is JoJo's good, because I heard it was bomb diggity from every friend of mine who watches anime but I don't want to run the risk of it being weird and/or creepy

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
It is both weird and creepy but not in the typical anime 'sexualizing little girls' way

Munchables

Dangerous Minority posted:

Is JoJo's good, because I heard it was bomb diggity from every friend of mine who watches anime but I don't want to run the risk of it being weird and/or creepy

I felt the same way when my friends were trying to get me to watch it. I'm not really into anime but I liked it a lot. There isn't anything like big breasted 12 year olds that are actually 2000 or the typical dreck, but if you watch the uncensored there is quite a bit of gore in parts. Overall it's a really fun show and I liked it quite a bit. As long as you're comfortable with big beefy dudes fighting, sometimes in skimpy clothes, a bit of gore you'll be good.

Munchables

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

It is both weird and creepy but not in the typical anime 'sexualizing little girls' way

Exactly, the weird and creepy comes more from the gore and powers combined with the art style.

Olive!

Weird like using magic powers to shoot spaghetti at someone, creepy like someones finger and toenails unfolding to shoot their veins out of them

Olive!

weird like

creepy like

Rock Paper Tongue

May cause birth defects

Sounds gravy, I can handle gore and spaghetti and skimpy beefy men but I wanted to make sure it was free of sexualized anime childrens

Thanks for the heads up, OGt and Munchables!

punchymcpunch

i started watching jojo cos i saw this youtube clip of joseph joestar saying "OH MY GOD!" as tiny little goblin men punch him or he drops his canteen in the desert and various other things and i said to myself "yeah im gonna take a chance on this anime" and i been enjoying it so far

i really like that each jojo has a very different approach to owning the poo poo out of everyone they meet

Munchables

The engrish is great HOLY SHEEEEEEEEET OH MY GAAAAAAAAAD OH NOOOOOOOOOO SANADA BEEEEEEEETCH

Twenty Four

A good name for an anime fan convention would be "Fanime". Whoever uses this please send me money for my idea and huge effort post.

Mariana Horchata

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

you're missing all my good posts about how much i love and appreciate death cab for cutie but only their stuff after chris walla left.

Starman Super DX

I like Jojo too. It's so decidedly strange. I read through Phantom Blood ages ago and when I saw that it's been getting released as a full on anime series I watched through Battle Tendency, which was amazing. Haven't gotten around to the next part though.

Tell me more!

Olive!

Ooooh buddy. The whole dynamic changes from part 3 onward.

Starman Super DX

Oh yeah, I know. I did watch the first episode and I'm very much AWARE of Jojo and Stardust Crusaders. It's just that I liked how simple first two series were and I'm hesitant to start into the next since it changes up a lot but I'll give it a chance soon

Tell me more!

punchymcpunch

i loved how chapters 1 and 2 were sort of..
bildungsromans? and stardust was a road trip story instead

Munchables

Battle Tendency was my favorite, but Stardust Crusaders is Cash Money and I really like the second half or so of Diamond is Unbreakable. Not that the first part wasnt great too, but maaaaan the Kira stuff is fuckin excellent

mailorder bees

FLUFFERNUTTER
i remembered my password so im posting again

thanks Manifisto!

alnilam

:peanut:

alnilam

PM me your password so you don't forget it again

mailorder bees

FLUFFERNUTTER
its pissword420

thanks Manifisto!

alnilam

mines hoot94

mailorder bees

FLUFFERNUTTER
oh thats a nice one

thanks Manifisto!

sb hermit

I don't know my password. It's stored on my phone, so if my phone dies, my account dies with it.

Ride The Gravitron

by FactsAreUseless

el dorito posted:

I don't know my password. It's stored on my phone, so if my phone dies, my account dies with it.

Just like the matrix

Starman Super DX

send me your password and I'll send you a RAM upgrade for free

Tell me more!

Olive!

my password is 0451

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanisher

My password is nonofyurbeezwaxmistr!!!