Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I declare page 1600 to be the 3.0 of the Star Citizen thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Ghostlight posted:

Not out for another couple of months?
That was a pretty bad declaration, if I may say so. :colbert:

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
get a load of this newcomer pledging his life to roberts

https://www.twitch.tv/beet_wagon

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
https://twitter.com/JLaelFletcher/status/890263117120372736

Citizen shows appreciation for a top quality Archer.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Tippis posted:

Not out for another couple of months?
That was a pretty bad declaration, if I may say so. :colbert:
We do what Christendon't.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

Ghostlight posted:

So lacking promised features and a year over schedule?

Come to think of it, you're right. I mean think about all of the promised ELE's and how overdue they are.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Amazing Zimmo posted:

https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/889978473279873024

I'm the FOV set at 60, my PSVR headset achieves higher than that.

The instant a flashbang explodes. Oh, it's a development photo.

Here's a thing!

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Amazing Zimmo posted:

So lacking promised features and a year over schedule?

Come to think of it, you're right. I mean think about all of the promised ELE's and how overdue they are.

I'm still waiting on the results of the federal investigation that was, what, a year ago?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Variable 5 posted:

I'm still waiting on the results of the federal investigation that was, what, a year ago?
Derek keeps walking into that federal building.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

This right here folks is the pinnacle of vending machine based emergent game play.

Star Citizen will truly save PC gaming

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Thoatse posted:

I had a raven that I raised from a chick to an adult that reintegrated into the wild. Found a nest that blew out of a super tall palm tree, 2 dead babies and one still hopping. No flight feathers yet, still 3/4 protected by the sheaths that make it look like some kind of retarded hedgehog. Found it in the middle of the night so gave it a cup of water and a shirt to wrap up in and went to bed. Next morning he saw me and started stalking me so I gave him some bread and water. Parents were nearby squawking their heads off but the nest was gone and him too big to be put back by them anyhow, about the size of a pigeon. Named him Isaac after Newton's apple.

Looked up on the internet to see what I was getting myself into and turns out they're very easy to deal with as they eat anything. Made him a box with some palm leaves from his tree and away we went. Probably had him for 4 months but it seems like so much longer because the first 2 had me up all night keeping him happy and he had so much personality. First taught him 'step ups', then got him gliding to my arm from higher perches and eventually he could fly. Once he was nimble enough do dodge cats I would let him loose in the neighborhood during the day and he'd come back a few times and make 'hungry wings' at me (from day one he'd throw back his head, squawk and shake his wings when he was hungry) for eats and then at night to sleep, where he would happily stay put on the perch I made for him on top of my washtub bass. From the step ups and beyond, I used the same call sound so once he could fly he was already trained to come to my call and he listened surprisingly well.

Was so rad when I'd be out talking to a neighbor with no idea I had a raven friend and I'd see him fly over a few hundred feet up and call him. He'd go into a steep spiral right down to my arm like a loving falcon :v: ...which would freak out whoever I was talking to cause he had at least a 4 foot span by that point. He would hang out of my shoulder, traveled well and got along great with my dog and would play with him, though my dog was a bit leary after the testicle incident where Isaac honked his nuts. Also got one of his nips (pitbull nips can be seen from space) but they would play so loving rad despite their body language barrier. Watching them exchange their versions of zoomies was the best, or when Isaac would grab meat chunks from his stash in the hole in the fence and feed them to my dog.

I miss that bird (and that dog) and hope he's living a good bird life wherever he is.

That's pretty cool. I saved a robin when I was a kid but it wasn't nearly as cool as this bird.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Posting a thing on 1600. :)

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

The Titanic posted:

That's pretty cool. I saved a robin when I was a kid but it wasn't nearly as cool as this bird.

CRoberts saved PC gaming, all of your tales of bird rescue mean nothing compared to that :colbert:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

https://expo.frontier.co.uk/

Oh dear, CIG. That dastardly Braben's doing an event, and it's in a far better venue than yours is, it's longer, and it has way more stuff.

Guess that's what happens when you release games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJxCdh1Ps48

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
What is the origin of "parp?"

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Amazing Zimmo posted:

https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/889978473279873024

I'm the FOV set at 60, my PSVR headset achieves higher than that.

Someone buy CIG a copy of Procedural Generation for Dummies.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Meridian posted:

So what is everybody playing tonight?

PUBG - it will make you piss your pants.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

That's the sound an air horn made. I believe in one of the previous Star Citizen conferences, someone in the audience let one out during a presentation and the thread just associated it with Star Citizen forever.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Lladre posted:

Woah

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

nawledgelambo posted:

get a load of this newcomer pledging his life to roberts

https://www.twitch.tv/beet_wagon

:yeah:

Remember to submit all bugs to the issue council.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Beet Wagon editing config files:

https://clips.twitch.tv/MagnificentDarlingSnakePeoplesChamp

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

Virtual Captain posted:

Someone buy CIG a copy of Procedural Generation for Dummies.

Someone buy Roberts a copy of "Project Management for Dummies"

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

Lladre posted:

It's great. I've had a couple of winner winner chicken dinners so far, lots of close finishes as well. Sometimes you get into a funk where you have game after game of terrible luck, like I have had today. It's a very addictive game.

I'm 99.9% sure we ran into a hacker today though. His bullets went right through one of those steel containers and were hitting us with accuracy when we were hidden behind it on the opposite side.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

It's the sound of an airhorn and is used to its full potential in Hoodwinkedfool's youtube vids.

They are a few years old but the message is still applicable to this day, just mentally change out the funding amount achieved by CIG with $155 million and the videos are still true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXJZbPI5nKE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnO1sGjfJ_Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc7ywfd1qe8

Amazing Zimmo fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jul 27, 2017

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game
Noise poster #32528 reporting in for 1600

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

RattiRatto posted:

Noise poster #32528 reporting in for 1600

You blew your load too soon. 1601 is where the party's at :toot:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

streamed star citizen for page 1600 tonight. game still bad

e:

sprry commando

Beet Wagon fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jul 27, 2017

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

spacetoaster posted:

Here's the hail Sandi's:

Do I need to make an offering to "The LOAF"?

This looks to me like his hair are exploding in a weird Afro. (and he is thanking God for it).

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

SelenicMartian posted:

Derek keeps walking into that federal building.

One day he'll figure out that the door pulls to open.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Phi230 posted:

Ben FAT lmao

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Black Area

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Instantly in the running for most pathetic image in the thread, and obviously that's saying something

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Amazing Zimmo posted:

You blew your load too soon. 1601 is where the party's at :toot:
Confirm

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
My therapist told me I had to do something 'creative and fun', so I made a thing for the thread...

A much better quality version is here, but I'm too dumb to figure out how to embed a webm from gyfcat.

The (very good) source material (that you should watch anyway, because it's fantastic), if you haven't seen it before.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Amazing Zimmo posted:

https://twitter.com/JLaelFletcher/status/890263117120372736

Citizen shows appreciation for a top quality Archer.

This thing looks so loving dumb and derivative and not at all fun to drive. Why is the engine block so small? Why all the empty gaps in it's frame? Why does it actually loving hurt to look at?

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

Beet Wagon posted:

streamed star citizen for page 1600 tonight. game still bad

e:

sprry commando

That was the first time I ever really watched star citizen "gameplay" and all I can say is lol holy poo poo

Everything was glitchy and broken. Every thing.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

:sureboat::lesnick::sandance::derp::toot:
:wink:
:wmwink:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

that was funny - thanks for introducing my new waste of time