Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Sataere posted:

I almost took him in fish bowl. Silly Burrito saves me from myself.

You take the good.
You take the bad.
You take them both and there you have 
The facts of life

I believe in Jordan Reed's ability to be hurt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ifuckedjesus
Sep 5, 2002
filez filez filez filez filez filez filez filez filez

MrSargent posted:

LOL Jordan Reed on the PUP list.

Amazing talent on the field but he's 1 concussion away from being done forever

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
Sweet. Now he'll be even cheaper come draft day.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
insert Generic TE Take here

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Tiptoes posted:

Sweet. Now he'll be even cheaper come draft day.

Lemme tell you about how cheap kenneth dixon will be

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Teemu Pokemon posted:

insert Generic TE Take here

Well hell, might as well pick up Kyle Rudolph just in case. Who needs RBs and WRs in the fish bowl?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Flacco out 3-6 weeks with a bad back

I'm starting to trend towards "don't draft any Ravens"

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Benne posted:

Flacco out 3-6 weeks with a bad back

I'm starting to trend towards "don't draft any Ravens"

I'm still drafting the gently caress out of Woodhead in PPR leagues.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Flacco will be fine

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

pubic works project posted:

I'm still drafting the gently caress out of Woodhead in PPR leagues.
If Flacco were to miss regular season games, I honestly think I'd downgrade Woodhead and upgrade West. Woodhead makes his living by being the QB's BFF, especially in the red zone. But he's not the #1/#2 option on a number of plays, he just has great instincts for making plays and he's always in the back of his QB's mind as an option. Flacco knows what to do with that sort've guy, like Rivers and Brady knew how valuable he was. I can't trust Ryan Mallett to do the same though; that's not an NFL-caliber mind and Woodhead needs that to take full advantage of the opportunities he can create. If they change up their playcalling to try and limit their reliance on Mallett's arm, then West profiles better in a more conventional run-based offense whereas Woodhead requires more mix-and-matching.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES
Booker out 6-8 weeks due to a wrist injury.

So I guess that RB set is now
CJ Anderson / Charles
De'Angelo Henderson
pit of despair?

I have a feeling Broncos will sign Rashad Jennings midseason.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Let's be real.

If Jamaal Charles were still a Chief. What round would he be going in?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

89 posted:

Let's be real.

After the last 2 seasons? Nothing but a late round flier probably for me.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

89 posted:

Let's be real.

10-12 probably. But people would pick him sooner based on his name.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Amergin posted:

CJ Anderson / Charles
De'Angelo Henderson
pit of despair?

Sweet, can't wait for the Committee From Hell where every guy gets like 8 touches for 40 yards and none of them are startable.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
I hate every running back this year except David Johnson and LeVeon Bell and I guess Lesean McCoy?

What do other people think of the position this year?

I have no idea who to even touch, which backfields are radioactive, which rookies might be good. Why are people drafting Christian McCaffery? Like in the NFL, not just in Fantasy.

I just don't understand anything this year when it comes to RBs and I've got no confidence drafting them this year.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Charles' ADP is 8.12? That's a stiff price for a player who has a decent chance of being cut and never seen again. Booker's injury lessens those chances assuming he has anything at all left, but still.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

coronaball posted:

Charles' ADP is 8.12? That's a stiff price for a player who has a decent chance of being cut and never seen again. Booker's injury lessens those chances assuming he has anything at all left, but still.

Charles ADP will normalize to appropriate value once the preseason is complete. If you are drafting before that, congrats you are in a dumb league.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Sataere posted:

Charles ADP will normalize to appropriate value once the preseason is complete. If you are drafting before that, congrats you are in a dumb league.

lol if you haven't drafted at least 1 money league by now

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Papes posted:

I haven't. Always try week 2 or 3 of preseason

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Papes posted:

...no? I have one draft after Week 1 of the preseason, and that's only because it's in-person and that was the only date everyone could make. Every other one is after Week 3. And it's especially worse to draft early this year since a top 5 pick has a looming suspension that could be anywhere from 1-6 games.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Papes posted:

I'm one slow draft in and a quarter of the way through a fishbowl, but no money leagues drafted yet. I admire your commitment to fantasy football/complete disregard of money. :D

EDIT: Dynasty doesn't count, commish!

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Sataere posted:

I'm one slow draft in and a quarter of the way through a fishbowl, but no money leagues drafted yet. I admire your commitment to fantasy football/complete disregard of money.

I've found early drafting to be extremely profitable but there is some risk. By preseason adp has caught up to everyone's value and there is hardly an edge to be had.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Papes posted:

I've found early drafting to be extremely profitable but there is some risk. By preseason adp has caught up to everyone's value and there is hardly an edge to be had.

That makes sense. Honestly, it doesn't usually impsct me too much, because I don't give two shits about ADP anyway. It's only a tool for filling out my roster in an optimal fashion to get the most of my favorite players. I rarely feel like I've missed out.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I hate every running back but David Johnson. I don't even trust Bell.

That said I'd pick Dalvin Cook over McCaffery.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Just ban RB, K, DST and TE

Bing bong so simple

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

How dare you bring Bing Bong into this.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
My super $ destinatin draft league always drafts(auctions) the Saturday after the opening game. Then we roll across the border to nevada and watch week 1 sunday at a sports book

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Epi Lepi posted:

I hate every running back this year except David Johnson and LeVeon Bell and I guess Lesean McCoy?

What do other people think of the position this year?

I have no idea who to even touch, which backfields are radioactive, which rookies might be good. Why are people drafting Christian McCaffery? Like in the NFL, not just in Fantasy.

I just don't understand anything this year when it comes to RBs and I've got no confidence drafting them this year.

I like:
Abdullah
Ajayi
Gordon
Howard
Crowell
Murray

But I like them all like a half round to full round later than their current ADP.

Or you can just go ham on WRs and grab the likes of Quizz+Doug Martin, Gillislee, Dalvin Cook, Duke Johnson (PPR), Terrance West in the middle/later rounds and just use them + Waiver Wire Warriors for your RBs.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/adamlevitan/status/890918463757328384

RB4nette?

:thunk:

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Curious what you guys might think.

My main league I run for me and my friends, we do a 10 man league. 0.5 PPR.

1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 2 LB, 1 DB, 1 DL, No Flex

I've been looking at the idea of Elite QB scoring. To put more emphasis back on the QB, but also throw out punishment for bad QB play.

Current settings:
TDs: 4 points
INTs: -2 points
Pick 6's: -3 points
Completions: 0.1 points
Incompletions : -0.125 points
Sacks: -0.5 points
Passing Yards: 25 Yards = 1 point
40+ Yard Completions: 0.5 points
40+ Yard Passings TDs: 1 point

The idea of Elite QB scoring would be to change:

TDs: 6 points
INTs: -3 points
PIck 6's: -6 points

For a 10 man league, I'm trying to see if this is feasible to throw more of a differential on the week to week scoring (cause fantasy is played week to week). The idea is that QB is less of a wash and you can just draft whoever late. But, maybe I don't have to worry about that in a 10 man league?

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Amergin posted:

CJ Anderson / Charles
De'Angelo Henderson
pit of despair?

Have you seen pit of despairs SPARQ? Potential breakout IMO. I'm all in

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Feels like, if you want to make the lower tier qbs more viable, increasing the pushishment points is counterproductive

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Drunk Nerds posted:

Feels like, if you want to make the lower tier qbs more viable, increasing the pushishment points is counterproductive

The idea is to create more of a positional scarcity because there's only 10 of us. Maybe there already is and I'm being dumb.

Current 2016 results with current scoring:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

From #1 to #10, a 6.25 difference per week. How does that differential compare to your current settings?

Also, how do those margins compare to other positions?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I used to score "competition percentage" weighted by attempts by doing something like .1 points per completion and -.125 for an incompletion. If you could nail down a better ratio, something like that could work

e: you're already doing that!

Maybe make them worth more?

e2: right now going 20/35 (58%) is worth a net .125 points. If it were like .25 for a completion and -.4 for a incomplete, it would be worth -1. By contrast an 18/27 game (67%) would be worth .9 instead of .675

If you we willing to bump it to something more extreme like .5/-1, you would likely see elite QBs whocan consistently complete 60+% of their passes to really separate from the pack

e3: 20/35 would become -5 and 18/27 would become 0, so essentially instead of rewarding good QBs, you're making good the baseline and punishing average and below, so the top scores wouldn't change much, but those guys from like QB8 and beyond would take increasingly larger hits

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jul 28, 2017

von Metternich
May 7, 2007
Why the hell not?

89 posted:

TDs: 6 points
INTs: -3 points
PIck 6's: -6 points

For a 10 man league, I'm trying to see if this is feasible to throw more of a differential on the week to week scoring (cause fantasy is played week to week). The idea is that QB is less of a wash and you can just draft whoever late. But, maybe I don't have to worry about that in a 10 man league?

Is there evidence that worse QBs throw pick-sixes at a higher rate? (Like, as a percentage of their interceptions, obviously they'll throw more total) Does it make sense to punish them more for that, or is it pretty random?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

89 posted:

The idea is to create more of a positional scarcity because there's only 10 of us. Maybe there already is and I'm being dumb.

Current 2016 results with current scoring:

Have you considered adding another qb starting slot? With 10 teams 2 qb can be really fun

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah make a flex [qb/rb/wr] slot and you're effectively going two-qb, but not forcing someone to start the 20th-best QB every week if they load up on RB/WR talent instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Yeah, everybody is keen on keeping 1 QB and no flex.

Although, perhaps I'm looking to fix something that's not broken either :shrug:

• Locked thread