Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
It's been a long time since I played Just Cause 3 but I remember my biggest issue being that it was incredibly shorter than 2 and the map was much smaller. There were so fewer opportunities to just head off in a direction and level whatever villages or bases you came upon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't really trust Ninja Theory with anything 'narrative based' after DmC

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

cubicle gangster posted:

Motherfucker. Why didn't I get an actual notification that I have an unread notification? Just checked on my ps app and I've had it since July 5th apparently. No email, no little red '1', no pop up on PlayStation. Just silently sat there with a 2 week window to claim it.

What is the point in a notification that doesnt notify you when you have it??

Check your Notification settings. You may have turned those notifications off.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Oh god, that final sequence in Until Dawn was intense. Didn't breath once throughout it, and I think my arm is still pretty sore from where my partner was clinging onto it. :allears:

Matt got a meat hook through his jaw, and Josh had his head smashed into paste. Everyone else survived although I probably should have shot Emily anyway, the way she tries to throw Matt under a bus. :mad:

Fantastic little game. Not sure I want to go through it again just to see how other branches play out, but still.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

Oh god, that final sequence in Until Dawn was intense. Didn't breath once throughout it, and I think my arm is still pretty sore from where my partner was clinging onto it. :allears:

Matt got a meat hook through his jaw, and Josh had his head smashed into paste. Everyone else survived although I probably should have shot Emily anyway, the way she tries to throw Matt under a bus. :mad:

Fantastic little game. Not sure I want to go through it again just to see how other branches play out, but still.

if you want, you can just replay some specific chapters. one downside though is I don't think you can skip cutscenes, even if you've seen them already

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Seedge posted:

Check your Notification settings. You may have turned those notifications off.

Almost certainly did. It just sucks that I had no idea my $15 was going to be given to me through a notification with code with a short window to claim it. It's very obviously a decision to ensure as many of the $15 credits go unclaimed as possible.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart
The game part of Pyre is really fun and it's interesting to me that the whole thing is bizarro world The Banner Saga

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart
If it isn't clear what I'm talking about, excuse the double post, in The Banner Saga you're rolling around with your big-horned companions with Depression in a wagon around fossilized mile-high skeletons of like Nidhogg or Fafnir or somesuch picked out in olive drab, Pyre has all that stuff but it's much faster and everything is yellow and cyan and the skeleton has sunglasses and dreadlocks.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
My biggest issue with Just Cause 3 was the insane loading times. They rendered it pretty much unplayable for me (fortunately it was a rental). I'll give it another shot for free though, maybe they've improved a little.

Pretty good line-up in general.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I started to try Bloodborne again. This time I made it all the way to the little sewer off the side of the two werwolves on a bridge. The rats scared the devil out of me then a lanky thing jumped out of the shadows and killed me.

This is the furthest I've gotten! I think I am going to give this game a try now that there is a void left by Horizon

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Actually Emily is cool and good and the best character.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Titanfall 2 horde mode is a good time, and easy weapon xp compared to PvP.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Samurai Sanders posted:

I only did one round, on easy, but yeah it's a real blast.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Titans are maybe too easy to get though, everyone spent 90% of the game in them...or is that different in the higher difficulty levels?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Samurai Sanders posted:

Titans are maybe too easy to get though, everyone spent 90% of the game in them...or is that different in the higher difficulty levels?

They will die pretty quick on the higher levels. You definitely have to be more careful with them.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Mini FF12:TZA rant:

They loving put Hastega in my most hated dungeon from the base game. The upper levels of the Great Crystal...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I beat the game without getting it because gently caress that place. Asche can just cast Haste two extra times

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah it's great. Hopped into a few rounds last night after work and really enjoyed it.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Ineffiable posted:

They will die pretty quick on the higher levels. You definitely have to be more careful with them.
I've been searching for easy and normal ones but only gotten easy so far. In the last one I guess no one knew what artillery enemies do so we lost bad.

Mursupitsku
Sep 12, 2011
Is the couch co-op list in the op still relevant? Id love to play something together with my girlfriend but its hard to come up with good co-op games. We've really enjoyed playing Witcher 3, DA Inquisition and Bloodborne so something along those lines would be perfect.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Well, the games listed in the OP didn't exactly go away

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

katkillad2 posted:

New games chat:

So far everything except the actual gameplay of Pyre is fantastic. The visuals/style are great and the soundtrack is amazing. The combat/sport aspect of it is pretty mediocre. I'm only 3 battles in, what still seems to be the tutorial I guess, but it's not very challenging and I'm not sure making it more difficult would make it more fun. Maybe it will get better, but I'm not really feeling it. The story is somewhat interesting though, so might be worth pushing through for that.

I downloaded Pyre but I haven't played it yet. Here are two things I took away from the ACG review that may be of interest: When you think you're wrapping up the story, you're only just leaving the opening. And the game is designed so that losing is not a game over, just a branching path. So there is a playthrough where you manage the worst team in pyre history and go 0-33 or whatever, and that is a legitimate way to complete the game. I guess? Take with some salt.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Mursupitsku posted:

Is the couch co-op list in the op still relevant? Id love to play something together with my girlfriend but its hard to come up with good co-op games. We've really enjoyed playing Witcher 3, DA Inquisition and Bloodborne so something along those lines would be perfect.

Diablo 3! New season just started and the Necromancer DLC (15 bux) has recently come out.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Knack 2 will have couch co-op. It has Bloodborne-style combat

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Mursupitsku posted:

Enter the Gungeon is probably my favourite couch co-op. The game is fun and difficult as hell, but couch co-op lowers the difficulty significantly. It's also hectic with some amount of screaming.

It's weird how obscure information about local multiplayer is with PS4 games, wish companies would at least brag about managing to include it.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Did anyone else notice that Horizon: Zero Dawn got two more trophies added to it's trophy list? Beat New Game+ and Beat New Game+ on Ultra-Hard difficulty (which is annoying since I did that the first time :colbert:)

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Morpheus posted:

Did anyone else notice that Horizon: Zero Dawn got two more trophies added to it's trophy list? Beat New Game+ and Beat New Game+ on Ultra-Hard difficulty (which is annoying since I did that the first time :colbert:)

Those got added in right when the NG+ patch was released, I don't know how you could have played it without getting them, honestly.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Does this retroactively take away your platinum because if so I will be ornery

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
^^^^^ No, but it takes away the 100% fullness of the trophy progress bar

Morpheus posted:

Ultra Hard is a brand new difficulty above the original Hard. It, NG+ mode, and the trophies were all added by the same patch a few weeks ago.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Does this retroactively take away your platinum because if so I will be ornery

It doesn't, same as any game which gets DLC activated later on.

I'm still irrationally angry that the Last Stand DLC put my Division completion down from 100% to 97%. Don't wanna grind out fifty PVP matches, Ubisoft. :mad:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

haveblue posted:

Ultra Hard is a brand new difficulty above the original Hard. It, NG+ mode, and the trophies were all added by the same patch a few weeks ago.

It goes Hard, Very Hard, Ultra-Hard although having beaten the game on NG+ I can say that Ultra is not that difficult with the OP power armor.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Policenaut posted:

PS4 Pro's Boost Mode does a lot to help it.

Whenever you turn on PS4 Pro's boost mode does it shout that you got boost power?

quote:

Oh god, that final sequence in Until Dawn was intense. Didn't breath once throughout it, and I think my arm is still pretty sore from where my partner was clinging onto it

Mine ended the way yours did except only three of them survived because I didn't see the 'do nothing' option at the very last prompt so I figured you were supposed to make a break for the light switch and everyone else would bolt with you.

They didn't! :v:

We were most upset that we couldn't save the pupper though. We're going to go back and ensure his survival.

I love how if Jessica survives she just wonders what the gently caress happened.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jul 27, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No it plays the Sega Blast Processing ad

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

VideoGames posted:

I started to try Bloodborne again. This time I made it all the way to the little sewer off the side of the two werwolves on a bridge. The rats scared the devil out of me then a lanky thing jumped out of the shadows and killed me.

This is the furthest I've gotten! I think I am going to give this game a try now that there is a void left by Horizon

Fear the old blood, good goon.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Horizon shut my PS4 off when I was manually saving earlier. :(

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

RBA Starblade posted:

Mine ended the way yours did except only three of them survived because I didn't see the 'do nothing' option at the very last prompt so I figured you were supposed to make a break for the light switch and everyone else would bolt with you.

We were most upset that we couldn't save the pupper though. We're going to go back and ensure his survival.

I love how if Jessica survives she just wonders what the gently caress happened.

I accidentally kicked the dog so he got all grumpy and left me alone in the asylum. My partner gave me the stink eye the entire time. :saddowns:

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

poptart_fairy posted:

I accidentally kicked the dog so he got all grumpy and left me alone in the asylum. My partner gave me the stink eye the entire time. :saddowns:

You can give the dog one of the bones his owner keeps laying around and he'll forgive you.

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

RBA Starblade posted:

Regarding the thing that upset you: barricade the door when given the choice.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

Depending on your earlier choices Ashley and Matt can also end up in the mines with Jessica before the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

So uh, I've had my PS3 since like... well, about the time the PS4 debuted for the very first time. I'd never even bothered getting a PS3, and I figured it was a good time to be buying a PS3 since so many people were trading theirs in for PS4s, and it was, and my PS3 has been invaluable ever since. Only recently with the release of the PS4 Pro did I consider upgrading, so I've been keeping an eye open.

I was at the local all-purpose media shop in New England where I live (BullMoose - they buy and sell new and used games/movies/books/etc more fairly than national chains; cool local business). Sometimes I think they possibly, er, mis-price things for one reason or another and they wind up maybe a bit cheaper than they ought to be, but it's tough to complain. I always have my eyes open because of this, though.

I was there today with a friend looking around, and I was thinking about taking the plunge and buying a new console finally. I see they have a stack of used XB1/PS4 consoles in boxes behind a locked glass case. All the used PS4 consoles seemed to be priced between $220 to $250, with the more expensive ones being Slims priced at $240 - I check on my phone and this is right in line with eBay and amazon prices after shipping is factored in. There are new PS4 Pros behind those priced at retail, $399 - which is about twice as much as I wanted to spend - so I sigh and figure I'm not gonna be able to afford the PS4 Pro, but that it probably won't make such a difference.

Then I look closely at the lone used PS4 priced at $250, and to my utter shock I realize that actually IS a PS4 Pro. For $250!! So I bought it, gleefully, right there on the spot. The guy checking me out made a face when he realized what was being sold at what price, and he was like "Well, I'm not sure if that's quite right, but good eye! I would have bought it this morning when we opened if I'd seen it." So I felt pretty good about that. I mean, as far as I can tell, paying $250 for a PS4 Pro is a damned good deal, right? Far as I can tell I probably should have paid about $325 or so for a used one, correct? And this one is in absolutely immaculate condition and still looks brand new, and if it doesn't work for some reason I can return it. So, pretty cool!

The first game I bought was Last of Us, which I've never played. I've heard it's quite good so I'm excited!

I'm also excited about playing FFXV, in addition to the FFVII remake, in addition to... well, it's a fairly broad library at this point, and getting broader. I was actually rather said to find out after the fact that it does not play 4K blu-ray discs, but then I remembered how long ago it was that I actually watched a Blu-Ray and how clunky and awkward it felt to be stuck in this mode where you could only watch ONE thing and couldn't easily switch from one film or show to another. And I read that it has no issue streamingin 4K. Not to mention I don't have a particular fabulous TV, certainly not a 4K one.

So uh, yeah. Sorry about the long-winded post that ultimately says, "I got a perfect-looking usedPS4 Pro for $250 - is that an especially good deal?" I am curious about that. Maybe that's just what used ones actually sell for..