Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Well they are still super young. 1 year, 3 months and 5 months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpCk-Y0euPM

Cracker?

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Most birds will fall asleep on their own quite happily as soon as it gets dark. He may act put out for a day or two but will forgive you once he realises he has not really been abandoned forever, and that you still control the sunny supply.

Cluncho McChunk
Aug 16, 2010

An informational void capable only of creating noise

Man Buttons has the sweetest voice. He's so precious. :kimchi:

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009

:haw: "Hahaha, you're a nut!"

:derptiel: "A cracker."

birds
Jun 28, 2008

My cockatiel is 9 years old and has never been interested in toys. Is anyone else's bird similar? He much prefers exploring but I've always been worried about when I need to go out somewhere and he's stuck in his cage with nothing to do. He does have toys, he just ignores them so maybe they get some use when I'm not there but I've rarely seen him touch any of them with the exception of this rubber ducky toy he's had since he was a baby.

blackflare
Dec 6, 2004

I am a Purrrfect Princess

Looks like the local pet store got in some fresh new birds, I wonder wh--

BABY

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

THOSE EYES

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

THAT FACE

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

BUY HE

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

oh, no

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004
omg...I LOVE those beady black baby birdie eyes....

so CUTE!

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

aaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Buy him and love him and give him an unsurpassable home before he's old enough to realize that life is bad and awful and he's lucky to be with somebody that adores him.

Go on.

Do it.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

All up on one leg with his little baby eyes :shobon:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

That's hosed up

hes so cute, someone's going to buy him

but get rid of him because that didn't realize how parrots work and are 2 year olds perpetually

then 10 years from now hes in a shelter having been at six homes

pet stores make me really sad

blackflare
Dec 6, 2004

Yeah :/ this pet store seems to swing back and forth. Sometimes i worry about how they keep their animals but the bird that was plucking seems to have regrown its feathers so at least hes doing well? And they get their dogs from a shelter for adopting out.

also as much as I'd love to I'm not gonna casually buy a grey :v I'm not in any place to care for birds, particularly 'toos or greys

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009

blackflare posted:

Yeah :/ this pet store seems to swing back and forth. Sometimes i worry about how they keep their animals but the bird that was plucking seems to have regrown its feathers so at least hes doing well? And they get their dogs from a shelter for adopting out.

also as much as I'd love to I'm not gonna casually buy a grey :v I'm not in any place to care for birds, particularly 'toos or greys

The local store here can get really sad too. We don't have a rescue locally, and sometimes people who can't handle their large parrot just sort of dump it on the store, and they don't have the heart to turn it away. They had a greater sulfur crested cockatoo that was roughly 30 and went from frazzled to a bit haggard from when I first saw it to last (I went in when I could to spend time with him) because the small staff didn't have the time to give him the attention he needed. He got bonded to their dog groomer, who, to her credit, ended up adopting him. They once had a blue and gold macaw of a similar origin named Hookah by a previous owner that was constantly agitated and aggressive, hated anyone near his cage, according to the staff couldn't handle being showered/bathed at all, and only calmed down, when there were little to no customers and when he was left alone. IIRC, he eventually found a home, but I have no idea how it worked out other than that he hasn't ended up back at the store.

They really don't want to have large parrots there, but sometimes they just do. They keep some cages handy in the basement just in case though, and have a couple big-hearted volunteer who help as much as they can. It never stops being sad though.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Potato Salad posted:

pet stores make me really sad

Yeah :(

My wife was in one earlier today with, apparently, an extremely sad looking lovebird, a miserable looking cockatiel, and two okay-looking budgies, one of whom she was so tempted to adopt before they could reach pet store sadness levels, that it's lucky we're going on a trip next week, because I don't think I could manage two birds. I spend enough of my thought on trying to keep Yoshi from hurting himself.

On the plus side, the place we got Yoshi from has a fairly active Facebook page that is absolutely filled with photos and videos of well-fed, well-cared for birbs of all kinds, and they are so goddamn happy and cute.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Yoshi knows the word "Dinosaur" very well because of how often we, and him, say "I'm a dinosaur!" and he just looked at the television with extreme suspicion, with a look that said "Are you... talk at me, magic colorsoundbox?" when the Doctor Who episode I'm watching had the line "DINOSAURS... on a spaceship!" When I repeated it, he got puffy and excited and decided that, yes, the television was just saying hello.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

blackflare posted:

I admire your moral resolve.

God he's just SO CUTE

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
if you wont buy him, can you buy him for me?

i will send you money

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

stahp

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Someone pay me a living wage, with health insurance, to spend all of my waking hours caring and looking after the pet store baby gray.

blackflare
Dec 6, 2004

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

You monster, how can I go on knowing this baby needs a home? ..... my willpower

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Shirec posted:

You monster, how can I go on knowing this baby needs a home? ..... my willpower

Knowing that bird has a fair shot at living longer than you will.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I LITERALLY can't even.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
Please stop (waiting so long to post more pictures).

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

:( I can't buy mah baby grey until I finish school and find work somewhere. I've been waiting like 9 years man, I got one year to go and you're making this more difficult than it needs to be.

more

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Here's my grey going from 'love me' to 'gently caress you' in about 30 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JofXaHwOlg

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

He didn't even look real annoyed as he lazily tried to remove some fingers.

I love greys :allears:

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbiDz5DnYHk

Buttons stares really hard at cows.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Agent355 posted:

He didn't even look real annoyed as he lazily tried to remove some fingers.

I love greys :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y69unskJ_A

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

holy moly

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

I woke up and saw 30 posts in the bird thread, and thought something terrible had happened.
It was a terribly cute Grey.

Give him a cracker?

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

Bicyclops posted:

Yoshi knows the word "Dinosaur" very well because of how often we, and him, say "I'm a dinosaur!" and he just looked at the television with extreme suspicion, with a look that said "Are you... talk at me, magic colorsoundbox?" when the Doctor Who episode I'm watching had the line "DINOSAURS... on a spaceship!" When I repeated it, he got puffy and excited and decided that, yes, the television was just saying hello.

I need audio footage of "I'm a dinosaur". Please.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mizuti posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbiDz5DnYHk

Buttons stares really hard at crackers

:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW