Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

My massive donger makes intimacy difficult for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I went to dentist to get a filling fixed and the anaesthetic really did a number on me - I spent the rest of the day in a haze.

Of course now that I'm supposed to sleep the effect is wearing off.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Outrail posted:

I fail to see how that's a first world problem.

In the third world, an end to your life of starvation and AIDS is a blessing. I'd like to keep living my first world life of videogames and junk food.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I wish I could remember not to stick my neck out so far, or look down so much on a cell phone, because its causing me some neck pain and it's not hard to stop, right?

Turns out, it's really hard to undo it, as a habit. :(

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Aleph Null posted:

Based on the description, asexual may just mean she doesn't want to have sex with her partner but is too committed to look outside the relationship. It's sad all around and if "hey I'm trans gender" or "hey I'm asexual" aren't extremely good reasons to be able to amicably end a relationship, I don't know what is.
But no, let's hang on for the child--oh, never mind.

I don't think the husband is on hormones, he is currently living as a male, until his parents die or come around to the idea of their son being a woman. I don't know if he is heterosexual or not (and he has said it's fine to call him a him, likely because of parental influence), but my friend is almost a vegan in terms of being asexual: everyone has to know about it and how much more enlightened she is than the people who just gently caress anyone they want.

I remember, years ago, her debating about dating someone online, and she wrote off the idea of being in a lesbian relationship long-term (at the time she identified as bisexual) because she wanted kids one day, and the only way in her mind to do that is to marry a man.

The term sunk cost fallacy (phallusy?) seems apt.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

oldpainless posted:

My massive donger makes intimacy difficult for me

More like oldsexless

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Today while I was having a walk break I got approached by some aggressively nice people pushing some variety of Christianity. It was annoying. They were so saccharine sweet in the wording but the three of them positioned themselves in a very, very aggressive way and kind of boxed me in. The way they stood near me made me immediately put a hand on my wallet it was so threatening. When I realized they were proselytizing (they were very good about hiding it at first) I told them I already had a religion, thanked them for the offer, and went to leave. So they moved to keep me from walking away and kept saying that God loved me no matter what while I was walking away.

ToxicSlurpee has a new favorite as of 05:18 on Jul 26, 2017

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
For the life of me, I can't figure out how to connect my new Xbox wireless-with-adapter controller to my computer. Works fine wired, but near as I can figure there's something preventing my computer from recognizing the wireless adapter, or the adapter isn't recognizing the controller, both, or god knows what else. I've downloaded and updated drivers left and right, but nothing works.

I mean, it's not a terrible thing to have to use it wired, but man, I am beginning to not understand technology. :negative:

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The movie theater near me began doing assigned seating. You can pick where you want to sit from available seats on the touch screen at the ticket booth but it seems unnecessary and a way to start fights with people over being in YOUR seat. Does it really, really matter? Are we not capable of sitting down in a place of our own choosing? I guess its for if you want your favorite seat but don't feel like showing up until five minutes into the movie and get to kick people out of your chairs. Just show up somewhat early if not at least on time and I am sure you can find a suitable place to sit without e-piss claiming it.

Also having somewhat long hair and there being wind outside. Not only are you constantly blinded but forget having a hairstyle that day without helmeting it down with gel or hairspray.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

cinni posted:

The movie theater near me began doing assigned seating. You can pick where you want to sit from available seats on the touch screen at the ticket booth but it seems unnecessary and a way to start fights with people over being in YOUR seat. Does it really, really matter? Are we not capable of sitting down in a place of our own choosing? I guess its for if you want your favorite seat but don't feel like showing up until five minutes into the movie and get to kick people out of your chairs. Just show up somewhat early if not at least on time and I am sure you can find a suitable place to sit without e-piss claiming it.

Also having somewhat long hair and there being wind outside. Not only are you constantly blinded but forget having a hairstyle that day without helmeting it down with gel or hairspray.

Australia has assigned seating in cinemas. It works fine, never had problems with anyone being in my seat. I mean, you get assigned seating at a theatre so why not at the cinema? Are Americans really so terrible that they can't sit in a seat they booked for themselves?

My FWP is that we need to move house and looking for a new place to live is slightly exhausting and mentally taxing. Plus filling out all the application forms is time consuming.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Outrail posted:

I fail to see how that's a first world problem.

Because we in the first world are just going to die, but those unfortunate enough to be in the 2nd or 3rd worlds will die horribly and unloved.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Update on my friend demanding a baby: her husband went to his parents to talk to them, and was promptly ordered by his mom to see the loving light, have a baby like any adult would, and give her a grandchild because all her other grandkids are 8-10 years old and she wants a baby to grandmother over.

Friend is smirking triumphant how she won and is getting her dream and already planning out the nursery.

Part of me thinks his parents are forcing the issue because they really really want him to 'be a man' still.

FWP: I am house and puppysitting starting this Saturday, for a week. Last night the family texted me and asked me to come over to go over the logistics. No problem, but we already DID THAT loving SUNDAY. But apparently Mom forgot a few things that can't be put in an email, so I have to drive out a loving gain to be shown where the garbage cans are and what day trash day is and....fuuuuuck I work all this week so have to swing by after work the day before they leave because THEY are busy every day but that evening.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Everything about this administration is relentlessly cruel and short sighted. Say goodbye to almost 10,000 serving.

E: gently caress General Mattis too

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Mu Zeta posted:

Everything about this administration is relentlessly cruel and short sighted. Say goodbye to almost 10,000 serving.

E: gently caress General Mattis too

Here's the real relevant/ridiculous part:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/890197095151546369

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

cinni posted:

As someone who once expressed this sort of opinion, I can attest that in a few months you'll actively deprioritize theaters that don't do assigned seating, and consider the the lack of it a form of low-grade barbarism.

It's not about a favorite seat or your seat, it's about ensuring a seat so you don't have to waste time by getting there early. You're guaranteed a seat. Order early, get there later, skip ads and previews. Literally no downside.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 18:09 on Jul 26, 2017

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

My FWP is I reaaally want to go see Valerian in 3D but the only big theaters around me are in giant malls and attract the absolute worst, most stereotypical annoying moviegoers. I was lucky enough that we were in bumfuck upstate NY visiting my wife's family for both Force Awakens and Rogue One, so I saw those at the Imax up there which was half-empty on opening night, but ugh.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Is my math wrong or does that come out to less than $1000 each for the 10,000. Coz that seems pretty cheap.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Outrail posted:

Is my math wrong or does that come out to less than $1000 each for the 10,000. Coz that seems pretty cheap.

Not every trans person in the military is undergoing expensive surgeries and of those that are, not all of them are doing it on the DoD's dime.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

In my country all movies get dubbed, and the theaters in my area show only one English movie a week and have recently taken to inserting a 15 minute break in the middle of their movies, which is crossing a line. They're also vastly overpriced. I'm probably gonna do a weekend trip to another city just to see Valerian and Baby Driver (cause that came out here only this week and this week's English movie locally is, naturally, Dunkirk).

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

My Lovely Horse posted:

and have recently taken to inserting a 15 minute break in the middle of their movies, which is crossing a line.
Maybe this is just me being old and ill, but with the length of modern films, 15 minutes to go to the toilet or get a fresh drink half way through a film sounds like a great idea.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

My Lovely Horse posted:

In my country all movies get dubbed, and the theaters in my area show only one English movie a week and have recently taken to inserting a 15 minute break in the middle of their movies, which is crossing a line. They're also vastly overpriced. I'm probably gonna do a weekend trip to another city just to see Valerian and Baby Driver (cause that came out here only this week and this week's English movie locally is, naturally, Dunkirk).

Whoa, what country is that? I've honestly never considered if non-English countries do dubbing or subtitles. So is there a delay on releases for dubbing?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Germany. We're in the unfortunate (from my POV) position to have a population large enough that it's worth it to create dubs - smaller countries just get subtitles. (And, the way I hear it, have higher average English skills as a result. Go figure.) Delays depend, I think; years ago, you did get delays for almost every movie, nowadays especially for the big releases studios shoot for worldwide simultaneous release and I guess let dubbing studios work on movies early.

Sunswipe posted:

Maybe this is just me being old and ill, but with the length of modern films, 15 minutes to go to the toilet or get a fresh drink half way through a film sounds like a great idea.
Eh, it kills the mood if you ask me. Kind of depends on the film, too. I've grudgingly accepted it for dumb action movies but I don't want to pay their overinflated ticket (or drinks) prices for what I'm going to call a compromised experience, perhaps somewhat pretentiously, but also earnestly.

I mean I've had to take wicked leaks in the middle of movies and I just accepted that I'm gonna miss five minutes.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Sunswipe posted:

If you can't sit for 2 hours without needing to pee I would recommend a doctor.

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe
Friend from school is complaining that his yacht was a waste of money

I thought that was the point of yachts

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Yawgmoth posted:

If you can't sit for 2 hours without needing to pee I would recommend a doctor.

I've tried, but he didn't like being pissed on. :shrug:

curufinor
Apr 4, 2016

by Smythe
My sister's husband's family has their fleet of planes and just acknowledges it's a giant loving waste of money even if it's small general aviation planes, but who the gently caress expects any material gain from a yacht

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Cowslips Warren posted:

Update on my friend demanding a baby: her husband went to his parents to talk to them, and was promptly ordered by his mom to see the loving light, have a baby like any adult would, and give her a grandchild because all her other grandkids are 8-10 years old and she wants a baby to grandmother over.

Friend is smirking triumphant how she won and is getting her dream and already planning out the nursery.

Part of me thinks his parents are forcing the issue because they really really want him to 'be a man' still.

Your friend and husband have an incredibly dysfunctional relationship. Wow. "Let's have a baby because my mom wants a grandchild" is not a good reason. Why would your friend celebrate that? Her husband's parents basically told him that they don't give a poo poo what his reasons are for not wanting a kid, just have a baby for their sake. Maybe he knows he'll be a terrible father (because that's all he knows) and doesn't want to subject a new life to it?

And "like any adult would" is also terrible advice. Two adults in a crap marriage should not have a baby, period. Your friend and her husband may be nice people, but they are dumb when it comes to what raising a child actually means. If they don't like each other now, a kid will probably just amplify that.
I guess they can just farm the kids off the the grandparents since that's apparently what they want.

Sorry to get to worked up, but I hate it when babies and children are treated like objects or accomplishments and not a tiny human that needs love and support.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Kelp Me! posted:

My FWP is I reaaally want to go see Valerian in 3D but the only big theaters around me are in giant malls and attract the absolute worst, most stereotypical annoying moviegoers. I was lucky enough that we were in bumfuck upstate NY visiting my wife's family for both Force Awakens and Rogue One, so I saw those at the Imax up there which was half-empty on opening night, but ugh.

Don't bother with 3D. It's not worth it.
Hell, the movie isn't worth a premium ticket anyway. I saw it in a non 3D IMAX and was far from blown away.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Inzombiac posted:

Don't bother with 3D. It's not worth it.
Hell, the movie isn't worth a premium ticket anyway. I saw it in a non 3D IMAX and was far from blown away.

I want to at least see it on a nice big digital screen. I reeeeeeally loved Fifth Element.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Aleph Null posted:

Sorry to get to worked up, but I hate it when babies and children are treated like objects or accomplishments and not a tiny human that needs love and support.
Gotta get my IRL cheevos, man!

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Yawgmoth posted:

Gotta get my IRL cheevos, man!

Trump is kicking transgender people out of the military. I've gotta feel better than someone today.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Lady seriously needs to sit down and think about *why* she wants to have a baby. I mean really think about it, because the answer from this end of things so far seems to be 'because it's the adult thing to do' and that is one of the worst possible reasons to bring a new child into the world.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Lady seriously needs to sit down and think about *why* she wants to have a baby. I mean really think about it, because the answer from this end of things so far seems to be 'because it's the adult thing to do' and that is one of the worst possible reasons to bring a new child into the world.

Because she has always dreamed of being a mother and having her own baby and she has compromised so much to be with her husband, made SO MANY SACRIFICES SHE DESERVES HER DREAM.

poo poo, years ago another friend's sister had a surprise pregnancy...and within the first trimester the baby's father was shot and killed. Every loving person in the family jumped on her and told her she HAD to have the baby, something to remember him by. There was not a single chance she could choose otherwise. Last I heard she had a second baby with a new boyfriend, had gotten fired from being a manager at Subway, and was moving back in with her parents.

Now my friend who currently has DreamBaby on the mind is on a downward slide of emotion, stress from work and the new house and her husband and all I want to do is scream LET'S ADD A COLICKY BABY TO THIS. LET'S.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Kelp Me! posted:

I want to at least see it on a nice big digital screen. I reeeeeeally loved Fifth Element.

Fifth Element is my second favorite movie. I'm just trying to save you some heartache.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

After many months of only doing closing shifts, I have to open today. Meaning I have to be at work at the time I normally go to bed.
I can't sleep. I need to be at work in 3 hours, and I'm wide awake.
However, I just know that once I get there, I'm going to be tired and irritable. The people I work with are all such sweethearts, they don't deserve to be subjected to my bad attitude.
I never drink coffee, but I might actually get myself a cup on my way to work. Just so I don't end up passing out on the grill or something.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
I had to spend a poo poo ton of money to find three baby car seat that fit in my car so my kids will be safe because we like to have super strict norms when it comes to those things. Meanwhile when I was traveling in morocco we were riding cars that didn't have seatbelts nor airbags holding our son into our arms while other people did the same in another one of the backseat. Families would ride their deathtrap cars in large groups.

Making sure your kids don't die is such a hassle

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I got yelled at yesterday because I informed someone they would have to wait in a 5 minute line to have a gift card refunded into cash because we no longer accept them. I mean, we could have been assholes and said "Sorry you're poo poo out of luck and we aren't doing anything for you". She also huffed and rolled her eyes when she had to use the chip in her debit card instead of tap.

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017
Chips are annoying though
I get unreasonably excited every time that a chip reader is out of order

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Good lord, I wish I could stop the vicious cycle of biting the inside of my mouth, causing the area to swell, making it easier to bite the same spot. There's this little spot of my cheek that is bloody hamburger.

(I tried to find the clip of someone saying this on the Simpsons, but couldn't find it.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017
Dear annoying coworker who I am stuck with for next ten hours, language does not exist so that you can constantly fill the airwaves with your train of consciousness you are not making conversation it is ok for it to be quiet for ten seconds

E: thank you regular patron for coming in and pulling conversation aggro

Also how do you not get the hint that your conversation isn't interesting when I spent the last thirty minutes giving one word responses any time you wanted validation about how cute that one actress from v for vendetta or whether or not I wished I had the super power to stop time so I could take naps whenever Jesus Christ man

EvenWorseOpinions has a new favorite as of 15:14 on Jul 30, 2017