Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Me too. I'll take you'se guys to get some cheese steaks wit at Tony Lukes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i just came back from visiting philly and it sucks lmao, there's barely anything to do, and oh yeah, you can uh stand in line for the rocky statue, philly's greatest athlete

Serf
May 5, 2011

ex post facho posted:

i have a friend in philly and hes constantly begging people to get them to sublet a 300sq ft bedroom in his place because rent is something like $2500 a month 20 miles from the city or some insane bullshit lol

whoa drat and i thought i was in the poo poo lookin at apartments in athens for 800/month

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

loquacius posted:

Boston is a good place, or at least a better place than Pittsburgh

boston is pretty expensive for what you get, which is not very much. dislike

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Thoguh posted:

Congrats on being near the theater showing Hamilton. We're in awe, honestly.

broadway sux

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I love when people make threads in GBS or something about the reasons they think Boston sucks and "weather" isn't on the list but "sports teams" is

or, like, when people hear the word "Boston" and immediately begin spelling words weird to make fun of an accent nobody in the city has anymore because regional accents are a class indicator and Boston is gentrified as poo poo

The Nastier Nate posted:

Me too. I'll take you'se guys to get some cheese steaks wit at Tony Lukes

I will say that city makes some mighty fine sandwiches that kill you

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Concerned Citizen posted:

boston is pretty expensive for what you get, which is not very much. dislike

counterpoint: New York was on that list

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Posting on the drug page :420::420:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Taintrunner posted:

i just came back from visiting philly and it sucks lmao, there's barely anything to do, and oh yeah, you can uh stand in line for the rocky statue, philly's greatest athlete

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
My hot take is that New York City is okay but nowhere near as good as people make it out to be. Especially because people seem to think that nowhere outside of the top 5 or so largest cities in the country have decent takeout ethnic food.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Serf posted:

whoa drat and i thought i was in the poo poo lookin at apartments in athens for 800/month

sounds good for a college town honestly, place I'm at is 750/month for a 2 bedroom. of I was at the town with the university 40 minute over Itd be 1350 and have phantom puke smells

also 40 minutes away you can get high legally and eat bomb rear end Afghan kabobs

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sorry ashsoles:

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/890523420990910464

Serf
May 5, 2011

Agean90 posted:

sounds good for a college town honestly, place I'm at is 750/month for a 2 bedroom. of I was at the town with the university 40 minute over Itd be 1350 and have phantom puke smells

also 40 minutes away you can get high legally and eat bomb rear end Afghan kabobs

yeah but the pay for all the jobs sucks. like i couldn't even pay my bills and eat at a place like that

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/barry/status/890568430235131904

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
my soles are rendered ash by more hot takes from abuela

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

At least Donald Trump has the decency to look and act like a New York City grifter.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
(((new york values)))

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
An excerpt from what Happened:

"Well, I had been informed by my home staff - on a work-release from the local privately-run prison - that I simply didn't need to campaign in Michigan and Wisconsin and could instead focus on dumping resources unnecessarily into states like California, which is nice and has better weather.

As I have done nothing wrong and relied on this staff for counsel, despite their deficits in emotional intelligence, I have accordingly remanded them to their prison and requested their sentences be extended.

In 2020, I plan to"

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

my god the dril tweet is perfect

I have never in my life seen someone act out a Dril tweet so faithfully

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lol that people think hillary isn't trying to run again

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
hate to admit it but trump earned his timbs when he owned ted cruz on (((new york values)))

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

I hope she goes all in on blaming Comey, the Russians, and everyone else.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
"Bernie doesn't get asked about his shoes" is so loving rich when it's her own female staff who are telling her poo poo. Hire better people you idiot :lol:

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

GalacticAcid posted:

hate to admit it but trump earned his timbs when he owned ted cruz on (((new york values)))

Yea he did and now it turns out TED CRUZ WAS RIGHT!!! All the New Yorkers in the white house are media whores (the mooch), grifters (Jared/Ivanka), or both (Trump)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

GalacticAcid posted:

What was Trump's take, the only ones I saw at the time were the Internet (rightfully) going "wow that is a blatantly obvious Jew dogwhistle" and "Ted Cruz's wife works for Goldman Sachs tho"

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
"I'm Hillary, I don't care about shoes"

buys $5,000 shoes

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
"noo yawkas cair 'bout people ya fuckin' gavone"

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

The Nastier Nate posted:

Yea he did and now it turns out TED CRUZ WAS RIGHT!!! All the New Yorkers in the white house are media whores (the mooch), grifters (Jared/Ivanka), or both (Trump)

lol tru

loquacius posted:

What was Trump's take, the only ones I saw at the time were the Internet (rightfully) going "wow that is a blatantly obvious Jew dogwhistle" and "Ted Cruz's wife works for Goldman Sachs tho"

basically "lots of beautiful, so beautiful, people come from new york and it was new yorkers who rebuilt after 9/11, and that's an insulting statement"

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Man, actually watching the video in that tweet was a mistake. Though it did confirm this book is going to be her just blaming other people for everything.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

GalacticAcid posted:

basically "lots of beautiful, so beautiful, people come from new york and it was new yorkers who rebuilt after 9/11, and that's an insulting statement"

trump basically has out-politicianed every politician in the country for the past three years by responding to every dog-whistle by going "yeah? well gently caress you" instead of folding or demurring like every democrat and GOPe chump does

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

loquacius posted:

I love when people make threads in GBS or something about the reasons they think Boston sucks and "weather" isn't on the list but "sports teams" is

or, like, when people hear the word "Boston" and immediately begin spelling words weird to make fun of an accent nobody in the city has anymore because regional accents are a class indicator and Boston is gentrified as poo poo

I will say that city makes some mighty fine sandwiches that kill you

So that's why D4 failed

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Hear the wolves a howling
The crowd it claps for more
And I thought I heard you praying
It's just the closing of the door

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Twitter replies to this were surprisingly boring (a lot of Trumpists) but this one did make me groan a little bit:

https://twitter.com/Eva_Smith/status/890553366647984128

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

loquacius posted:

I think this is a case of 2016 breaking her brain

Wikileaks is automatically bad now and anything they leak on is automatically good (even war crimes)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Krbl911ZPBA

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

loquacius posted:

Twitter replies to this were surprisingly boring (a lot of Trumpists) but this one did make me groan a little bit:

I spy with my little eye a new avatar for CC

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

loquacius posted:

im appalled by this lazy and low quality gif work

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
al can you paint one of your landscapes, except make it an impressionist interpretation of cspam

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
you are not allowed to use the divine comedy as inspiration

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

loquacius posted:

my god the dril tweet is perfect

I have never in my life seen someone act out a Dril tweet so faithfully

trump himself is pretty much a dril tweet come to life

https://twitter.com/dril/status/889176387692765184