Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Iron Crowned posted:

Welding is in very high demand. Since despite having a desk job in engineering, my company will reimburse me for it, I might actually take a base course in welding, because it couldn't hurt.

My friend's brother became a pipefitter a few years ago and he's making solid money doing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Hahaha Trump got so excited about him he hired him almost a month early.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

lrn 2 code, ENGlords

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

peeonwe posted:

hi kids

go to college b/c ur jackass friends who dont go 2 college and r doin alright r the exception not the rule and u arents smart enuff to not go and be successful and relly they werent either they just lucked into some poo poo

and honestly judith butler will like help u bcuz then u sound smart and progressive and the liberals hiring u will like that

I namedropped Judith Butler on a date and it got me laid, I should start telling all my younger cousins that

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
trump found his man, i can't wait for AG VP Press Sec CoS Scaramucci

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Not a Children posted:

I namedropped Judith Butler on a date and it got me laid, I should start telling all my younger cousins that

i just tell dates that i'm audre lorde and they gently caress my brains out

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i got crazy lucky getting a writing gig which you can't tell because my posts are poo poo. i do it on purpose to keep my goondentity a secret. anyways i took all my income and saved it which is good. problem is the industry is pretty much totally hosed and i might be, um, learning to weld i guess in a few months.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Epic High Five posted:

College is great for finding a job provided you go into it understanding that networking is how you find jobs and only then does qualifications or whatever come into play

Unless you learn COBOL or something, then you'll just walk into a 200k/year job even if you're extremely unpleasant

I'm gonna print out this post for my review tomorrow. I'll let you know how asking for 275% pay raise goes.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Trump sinks putts from the tee box.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I am all for president Mooch. Book it. Starting a super pac now.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/kiztv7/status/890598604125212676

america suffers a vicious defeat in the trans arms race

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

logikv9 posted:

trump found his man, i can't wait for AG VP Press Sec CoS Scaramucci

he really is the Trump-est option

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

i got crazy lucky getting a writing gig which you can't tell because my posts are poo poo. i do it on purpose to keep my goondentity a secret. anyways i took all my income and saved it which is good. problem is the industry is pretty much totally hosed and i might be, um, learning to weld i guess in a few months.

all those goons flooding the amazon kindle market in super-romance finally caused a correction huh

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
what if mooch is... good?

guy is french kissing trump's rear end, attempting to purge the initial administration, and at least in the past held some progressive views

what if he's like... good jafar?

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

this is literally north korea tier poo poo

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Mooch unfortunately is probably going to break so many laws that he will have to get appointed to the Supreme to avoid jail.

dodecahardon
Oct 20, 2008

Flavius Belisarius posted:

guy is french kissing trump's rear end, attempting to purge the initial administration, and at least in the past held some progressive views

:laffo:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

What if Ivanka moderates Trump?
What if Trump is a secret liberal?
What if I'm not dead inside?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/GarrettHaake/status/890599099438948352

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

yea this spineless sycophant with a boss that constantly mocks him for daring to speak against him two years ago surely is our hidden progressive hero

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

congress is extremely horny for the death of their constituents

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

What about Jewish hobos?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

No.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Elephanthead posted:

What about Jewish hobos?

uh jews have all the money so that's impossible?

bing bong so nazi.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

He gets hole-in-ones on the windmill part every time

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Serf posted:

i went to college and majored in liberal arts. hasn't worked out well but i bought into the "chase your dreams" bullshit instead of majoring in cs like i should have lmao

now i have like 2k in the bank and that number seems to never increase

Don't you live in the middle of nowhere? It's not so much liberal arts aren't there no jobs of any kind out there?

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Look at this grease ball and tell me if anything about him looks good. Every word out of his mouth is the epitome of "this fuckin' guy."

The BEST case scenario in purging the administration is that he replaces the white nationalists with wall st robber barrons.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

can't wait for trump's golf score to get bigly absurd

"trump shot a 12 under par and walked the whole course"

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

how the hell does that work with pp defunding

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Phone posted:

I'm gonna print out this post for my review tomorrow. I'll let you know how asking for 275% pay raise goes.

If it ends up not being the case let me know and I'll inform the online education IT director with like a half dozen CS degrees, as he is the one who told me this. You may or may not have to murder an old fogie who is running the back end to some finance company, Highlander-style

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Zikan posted:

can't wait for trump's golf score to get bigly absurd

"trump shot a 12 under par and walked the whole course"

quote:

In 1994, Pyongyang media reported that Kim Jong-il shot an amazing 11 holes-in-one to achieve an unprecedented 38-under-par game on a regulation 18-hole golf course - on his first try at golf.

Reports say each of his 17 bodyguards verified the record-breaking feat.

north korea is a tall hurdle to beat

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

does anyone have that story of the two guys meeting in a post-apocalyptic america and they great each other with "MAGA" and one is a merchant or something? It was from the before-times (the original GOP candidates thread)

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Sir Tonk posted:

how the hell does that work with pp defunding

Aren't there at least 1 or 2 Republican moderates who would vote no just based on that?

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

zegermans posted:

I feel like making fun of Gorka's rediculously cube shaped head should be more common

dude looks like a goldeneye model

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:negative:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
we're hiring for a junior level sysadmin position and we have people with 2 masters and 20+ years of experience applying

through connections and a lucky break with a recruiter a former coworker connected me with (EHF is 100% correct), I now hold a well paid non-technical creative position that can't be automated :smuggo:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

also i wonder what 7 holes jong il failed to sink in one shot were, and how badly the course designer was tortured for it

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Hasn't PP been defunded about 50 times now? In the year 2055 they're still defunding it even though it stopped existing since 2020?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

GobiasIndustries posted:

What if Ivanka moderates Trump?
What if Trump is a secret liberal?
What if I'm not dead inside?

What if these wounds don't heal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
its also completely obvious that the push for "better skills" is to specifically drive down labor prices in the technology secotr, no wonder its being championed by bad dems

• Locked thread