Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Al! posted:

like ai are already writing academic papers i hear lol

"AI" as the layman understands it doesn't exist

The sales department figured out it'd be hard a long time ago and redefined what "AI" is to be incredibly simplistic. They couldn't bring Mohammed to the mountain so they brought the mountain to Mohammed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
oopsidaililiano!

https://twitter.com/MattNegrin/status/890584702612119552

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

logikv9 posted:

"learn how to code" i tell everybody i encounter

"why are there so many coders now :smith:" i also wonder a few years later

My bestie graduated right before the nursing bubble popped and was the last person in probably the whole state to get an ER job with just an LPN

Since then he's been forced pretty much at knifepoint to get his RN or else he was out of the job.

10 years ago an LPN could walk into a nice job. Now you've gotta be an RN with years of experience to get a foot in the door anywhere.

I think we're still a year or two out on this becoming the case with CS but it's absolutely happening.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

It's the next day, why isn't their any more info on the Transgender ban?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Alan Smithee posted:

so uh is mooch a member of the Saints Row

yeah basically

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

there ain't enough room in this town for the two of us

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

GobiasIndustries posted:

So now that the Military told Trump to gently caress off re: trans people, what happens? Does anyone actually know?

It's sort of a half of a gently caress-off.

They aren't saying they won't do it, they're (rightfully) saying "We can't just send 15k people home packing off of a tweet, please actually come up with directions/orders and get back to us". The most charitable view of the situation is that they know this would be a shitshow and are hoping they get him to do his patented "We'll talk about this in two weeks" thing where he never actually gets it done. The more realistic view is probably that they're happy to do this but no one wants to do the work of figuring out how only to present it the WH and have their retard factory turn it down for not including a provision that they be chemically sterilized on their way out too.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Citizen Tayne posted:

The sales department figured out it'd be hard a long time ago and redefined what "AI" is to be incredibly simplistic. They couldn't bring Mohammed to the mountain so they brought the mountain to Mohammed.

whatever nerd

yeah yeah i know its shorthand for "computer programs that are capable of high enough reasoning to automate you out of a job" not actual artificial intelligent life

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Citizen Tayne posted:

oh my god shut up

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

i'm quitting my 45k job to go write and live in my dad's house

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jazerus posted:

lol how about including economics in all forms of higher education, it's not like an english major gets economics at the moment and STEM folks don't

economics should never be taught

it's destroyed the world

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

BYAHHHHHHHH~

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Sinners Sandwich posted:

because that's literally all they had to say

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

if u want to create an ai just have a kid bing bing bong

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!

Jazerus posted:

lol how about including economics in all forms of higher education, it's not like an english major gets economics at the moment and STEM folks don't

Economics is mostly horseshit and the more fringe it is the better

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Jazerus posted:

To be fair STEM folks also needs more English included in their higher ed. curriculum.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i think i'm starting to like this moochy guy

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

GobiasIndustries posted:

I get why Bannon and Sessions havent quit but Reince is so beyond being effectual and the new guy has spent his first week making GBS threads on him in public.

i wanna be in on moochs script writing sessions

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Sinners Sandwich posted:

the rest of the trump admin is hoping to convince trump to quietly sweep it under the rug and pretend it never happened

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
https://twitter.com/rebeccashabad/status/890610586815524864

https://twitter.com/benjysarlin/status/890609463203217408

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Sinners Sandwich posted:

more planning has gone into goonrushes and 4chan raids than into the trump administration

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

euphronius posted:

economics should never be taught

it's destroyed the world

well idk what they were thinking but a seminar on das kapital was what i was thinking, not modern late-capitalist nonsense econ

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

i think i'm starting to like this moochy guy

welcome to the republican party

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Citizen Tayne posted:

wouldn't the mountain be harder to move than the skinny middle eastern man

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Coding is like THE most outsourceable job in the world

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jazerus posted:

well idk what they were thinking but a seminar on das kapital was what i was thinking, not modern late-capitalist nonsense econ

oh cool

that's fine

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

blue squares posted:

i'm quitting my 45k job to go write and live in my dad's house
hell yeah dude

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Xelkelvos posted:

To be fair STEM folks also needs more English included in their higher ed. curriculum.

they really do. it's crazy annoying to read the poo poo they write and when you call them on it they get offended like being able to communicate effectively is below them

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i love the mooch

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

bass pro shops caught discriminating again in employment lol

never go in one of those

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

LinYutang posted:

Economics is mostly horseshit and the more fringe it is the better

The fundamentals of econ are about as horseshit as the fundamentals of physics. i.e. They're both technically true and the math works out, but lol if those situations could ever exist or match the results IRL. Econ is a social science with regards to actually statistically analyzing markets and stuff and is about as valid as Biology in that regard.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Jazerus posted:

this is the future liberals(?) want!

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Augus posted:

wouldn't the mountain be harder to move than the skinny middle eastern man

marketing department. it's a shovelful of dirt with a note on top that says "mountain*"

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

wait i missed the military news, what happened wrt trans servicepeople??????

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Squizzle posted:

wait i missed the military news, what happened wrt trans servicepeople??????

defense department said no

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Surprising that the provision that would blow up the industry isn't budget neutral :thunk:
Can't wait to see how McConnell gets around this one.

Lol it's just gonna be gently caress You

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!

triple sulk posted:

there are already more coders than what is needed tbh, d-list companies will look forever for a-list talent because they think they deserve it when instead that talent can just go work for a-list companies like google et al, but they don't just hire anyone because there isn't an immediate need either compared to the first tech bubble

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

TE folks need more english, they are the ones with packed degree tracks that cut out the liberal arts. science and math programs are traditionally pretty broad and require a lot of humanities & social science credits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

scamoochi might be the big alpha finance bro, but I bet that with his back up against the wall Priebus is gonna Break Bad and kill him with some ingenious jerry-rigged bomb in the white house briefing lectern or something

• Locked thread