Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Dr. Quarex posted:

I am confused, because most American YouTube CONTEEEEENT CREATOOOOORS that I can think of are incredibly irritating for the opposite reason, tying themselves in absolute verbal knots trying to one-up bragging about how much they hate something/how horrible something is when most things they claim to loathe are barely worth an "eh, that is not so great I guess." I realize the Angry Video Game Nerd probably innovated a lot of the unnecessary and almost-always-boring rhetorical bombast in this particular genre. But it definitely extends outside the realm of gaming videos.

Granted I pretty much never watch things unrelated to computers and gaming so maybe you are complaining about American YouTube Celebrities (ahaha!) writ large, in which case I have little useful to say.

The only ones I really watch are LGR and the 8 Bit Guy who are both pretty even keeled. 8 Bit Guy's retrobrite fetish aside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fil5000 posted:

The only ones I really watch are LGR and the 8 Bit Guy who are both pretty even keeled. 8 Bit Guy's retrobrite fetish aside.

I stopped watching 8-bit guy when I noticed he has youtubes of what kinds of guns he likes to carry around in public.

e: :can:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerry Cotton posted:

Does he still play them with his literal moron friend?

Mike doesn't bother me. :shrug:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Randaconda posted:

He makes me sick.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Jerry Cotton posted:

I stopped watching 8-bit guy when I noticed he has youtubes of what kinds of guns he likes to carry around in public.

Living up to the stereotype.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Jerry Cotton posted:

I mean, he IS in Texas.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Jerry Cotton posted:

People using their 2nd Amendment rights disgusts me too.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Oh man, now Skoll is here. Great job everyone.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Skoll posted:

People using their 2nd Amendment rights disgusts me too.

same

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Fil5000 posted:

Oh man, now Skoll is here. Great job everyone.

Been in this thread for two years, brah.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Skoll posted:

Been in this thread for two years, brah.

Your first post in this thread was in August of 2016. :colbert:

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Randaconda posted:

Your first post in this thread was in August of 2016. :colbert:

There's no rule against lurking for a year before you post. :colbert:

Anyway, AVGN still does videos, but sparingly. He's onto PS 1 games now and recently did the Tim Burton Planet of the Apes tie-in game.

It was as bad as the movie.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
His one about the terrible post-SNES Mega Man games was good.

Content:

Friend of mine was the only person I ever knew with a 3D0, and we played the poo poo out of this game one summer. Not arcade perfect, but it was still pretty decent.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
That was also on SNES. Along with the 15 other versions of Street Fighter II. To this day, I have seen Street Fighter I exactly once but I have never played it.

re: re: AVGN, Cinemassacre does a lot more than just AVGN. I generally enjoy James' movie reviews and his yearly Halloween stuff. I'm not a fan of Mike honestly, I don't think he's a retard but he doesn't really have camera presence so when he helms stuff, it gets boring quick.

As for tech relics, I recently found some 45 RPM records and have nothing to play 'em on. :smith:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Skoll posted:

That was also on SNES. Along with the 15 other versions of Street Fighter II. To this day, I have seen Street Fighter I exactly once but I have never played it.

re: re: AVGN, Cinemassacre does a lot more than just AVGN. I generally enjoy James' movie reviews and his yearly Halloween stuff. I'm not a fan of Mike honestly, I don't think he's a retard but he doesn't really have camera presence so when he helms stuff, it gets boring quick.

As for tech relics, I recently found some 45 RPM records and have nothing to play 'em on. :smith:

Super Street Fighter 2 was on the SNES, not Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo. :colbert:

There were three versions on the SNES: Street Fighter 2, SF2 Turbo, and Super Street Fighter 2, which sold poorly, in part because Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo was already out in the arcades by the time it came out and was superior, along with it not having been that long since SF2T.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Well I stand corrected. I just remember having a million versions of the same loving game. Maybe I was confusing SNES with PS 1.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

KozmoNaut posted:

Living up to the stereotype.

I watched this video and there's nothing weird or political about it, it's just a straightforward informational video about different kinds of holsters. :shrug:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

I watched this video and there's nothing weird or political about it, it's just a straightforward informational video about different kinds of holsters. :shrug:

Some people find concealed carry inherently objectionable. It's probably not worth discussing in this thread.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Skoll posted:

I've always figured that Street Fighter 1 was a myth

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's bad. Came out on the Turbografx, the cd add-on I think, as "Fighting Street".

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Iron Crowned posted:

I've always figured that Street Fighter 1 was a myth

It exists.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Fighter_(video_game)

Kinda surprised Capcom doesn't include it bundled now in their new Street Fighters.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Randaconda posted:

A while back somebody dug up some racist comics he drew 10 years ago that he was dumb enough to put his real name on. Then a couple weeks ago someone found a comic likely drawn by Mike that showed Mrs Potato Head being gangraped in an alley. He was smart enough not to put his name on that one.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Casimir Radon posted:

A while back somebody dug up some racist comics he drew 10 years ago that he was dumb enough to put his real name on. Then a couple weeks ago someone found a comic likely drawn by Mike that showed Mrs Potato Head being gangraped in an alley. He was smart enough not to put his name on that one.

poo poo, I don't know him personally, just him in the videos doesn't bother me.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Skoll posted:

Kinda surprised Capcom doesn't include it bundled now in their new Street Fighters.

What's the point of it doesn't come packaged with punch pad controllers? :colbert:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Skoll posted:

It exists.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_Fighter_(video_game)

It's really, really bad. Unless they totally rebuilt it with the SF2 engine, I can see why they don't.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Skoll posted:

Find torrents of the music as mp3 and frame the records and hang them on the wall

If you want the authentic record experience, slowly deflate a bicycle tyre against your ear whilst eating popping candy.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Skoll posted:

Go to the good will or something like that, you can usually find a decent turntable for $40 or so.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

spog posted:

If you want the authentic record experience, slowly deflate a bicycle tyre against your ear whilst eating popping candy.

Hear the warmth!

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
As someone that's into vinyl, I can't hear the warmth and people that insist it's there are morons.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

spog posted:

Find torrents of the music as mp3 and frame the records and hang them on the wall

The sound that liberated a generation

Now we have perfect fidelity and I'm like "mm.... you know, I'm actually not really that into music after all"

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I honestly would not mind owning a retro wood paneled sound system / turn table, now that I think of it. Would remind me of childhood anyway before wood panel went out of style.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
The wood age was a dark time in history.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

spog posted:

You can install a vst wrapper in foobar and just play your mp3s through this:

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Vinyl is great because it limits your ability to easily skip songs. I know that sounds like the least likely "feature" to like, but I feel you end up paying a lot more attention to the album. And if it's by someone who actually put thought and care into the flow of the record, it really shows.

It's also what makes it unforgiving if the record has a bunch of filler songs -- which they overwhelmingly do -- so throwing just anything on the player can be frustrating.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Trabant posted:

Vinyl is great because it limits your ability to easily skip songs. I know that sounds like the least likely "feature" to like, but I feel you end up paying a lot more attention to the album. And if it's by someone who actually put thought and care into the flow of the record, it really shows.

It's also what makes it unforgiving if the record has a bunch of filler songs -- which they overwhelmingly do -- so throwing just anything on the player can be frustrating.

Keep in mind the title track for Black Sabbath's second album was a filler track, and it's probably their most well known song.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

If you absolutely insist, it's not all that hard to rip a cd into a single giant mp3 for a similar experience.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Music on physical media really triggers people.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Flipperwaldt posted:

If you absolutely insist, it's not all that hard to rip a cd into a single giant mp3 for a similar experience.

It's also easy to give someone a gift card instead of cash; limiting their options is seen as "thoughtful".

It's weird how the mind works

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Iron Crowned posted:

Keep in mind the title track for Black Sabbath's second album was a filler track, and it's probably their most well known song.

Just goes to show you Sabbath's greatness!

... that couldn't be sustained, but what can?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Trabant posted:

Just goes to show you Sabbath's greatness!

... that couldn't be sustained, but what can?

I haven't heard much of their post :regd10: era, but they were solid all around, I'd honestly say that Heaven and Hell is better than any of the Ozzy era albums