Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I hope Taimi gets graphically murdered by her own stupid robot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

CLAM DOWN posted:

I hope Taimi gets graphically murdered by her own stupid robot

I want Asura to be holocausted, if only for the chance to see something bad happen to them.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Most of our support crew are vaguely tolerable when they don't actually have a plot happening to them (because the plots are universally awful), so Taimi is tolerable now that she's no longer desperately seeking the attention of a mass murderer.

(Similarly, Braham is completely intolerable because every time he appears he's always completely absorbed in his own feelings and all his feelings are basically teenage drama.)

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

from the story journal posted:

and so, it's time to book passage across the sea.

I guess that makes the first stop Amnoon Oasis, if we're sailing there. I was just comparing the big GW2 map (this one) with the GW1 Crystal Desert map (here) and I noticed that it if Kralkatorrik is sitting where the brand stops (i.e. the big purple splotch on the map), it looks like he's sitting right on top of the Tomb of the Primeval Kings. So, obviously, we're getting Tombs / HA PvP. And that we're going to team up with Palawa Joko to raid the Tombs.

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014
has anet said anything about if/when ls3 is going to be a bundle like ls2 is, I want to get those episodes but would rather not pay full price for all of them

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Saraiguma posted:

has anet said anything about if/when ls3 is going to be a bundle like ls2 is, I want to get those episodes but would rather not pay full price for all of them

No, but they might announce it on Aug 1st, as a deal for returning players to get caught up before the next expansion.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

I can't wait for Aug 1 and Guild Wars 2: Plenty of Fish, the expansion in which the entire game turns into a dating sim with erotic asura raid bosses

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Kessel posted:

I can't wait for Aug 1 and Guild Wars 2: Plenty of Fish, the expansion in which the entire game turns into a dating sim with erotic asura raid bosses

Finally, Tacitus can find love

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

i kinda like the b-team as long as they stick to their role as my minions. although a moment where all seems lost but then canach heroically turns up to save the day would be great, especially if he has one of those dry one-liners to go with it.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

OzFactor posted:

I guess that makes the first stop Amnoon Oasis, if we're sailing there. I was just comparing the big GW2 map (this one) with the GW1 Crystal Desert map (here) and I noticed that it if Kralkatorrik is sitting where the brand stops (i.e. the big purple splotch on the map), it looks like he's sitting right on top of the Tomb of the Primeval Kings. So, obviously, we're getting Tombs / HA PvP. And that we're going to team up with Palawa Joko to raid the Tombs.

If you saw the leaks of the new maps, Tomb of the Primeval Kings is there, along with The Dragon's Lair all Branded up. Unfortunately in the latest AMA we were told "We're not holding onto PvP or WvW feature updates for the expansion. We'll continue to ship them live." by MO, so look forward to doing a story mission instance there and never returning.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

Trebuchet King posted:

but then canach heroically turns up to save the day would be great, especially if he has one of those dry one-liners to go with it.

"I brought my own foot key, Commander, and it's going to unlock Balthazar's rear end!"

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Eh, I took that to mean they aren't holding on to wvw or pvp features to ship with the expac, and will just ship them as they are ready. They did say the next update will be balance related, and all those things shouldn't just wait till November because it makes the expac look bigger.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Yeah we're definitely not getting GW1 style HA PvP in the expansion, it's going to be a normal sPvP map at best but more likely just a story instance.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

CLAM DOWN posted:

Yeah we're definitely not getting GW1 style HA PvP in the expansion, it's going to be a normal sPvP map at best but more likely just a story instance.

Will real GvG come back? Like Guild Wars 2fort?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Aleph Null posted:

Will real GvG come back? Like Guild Wars 2fort?

God I wish

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

CLAM DOWN posted:

Finally, Tacitus can find love

I already found love, buddy. By the way, your Mom says hello.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Go RV! posted:

I hope that Taimi sticks around as our techno-babble support, gently caress the haters

I think Taimi has been ok in the more recent stuff.

Edit: I do hold the faint hope that the expansion will end upwith a new and utterly absurd cast that somehow includes Joko, once again abusing his position as the lesser evil to exploit you for assistance.

Obligatum VII fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jul 26, 2017

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

Obligatum VII posted:

a new and utterly absurd cast that somehow includes Joko, once again abusing his position as the lesser evil to exploit you for assistance.

Just what we needed, more thinly veiled political satire in video games.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Adhesive Gamin posted:

Just what we needed, more thinly veiled political satire in video games.

build a wall around rata sum and deny them health care

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

I predict we will kill Balthazar with Palawa Joko around, and he will absorb the god's power and become a god himself.

You know, like Kormir but actually popular.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
Hello Anet mods I would like to report unauthorized access to my character select screen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeafBPG6naM&t=124s

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

does anyone know if the newest living story mastery is even worth a poo poo. 7 mastery points is pretty steep

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

Johnny Joestar posted:

does anyone know if the newest living story mastery is even worth a poo poo. 7 mastery points is pretty steep

I wouldn't get it unless you've maxed literally everything else, and are overflowing with maguuma mastery points.

Mazreal
Oct 5, 2002

adjusts monocle
taimi owns

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Mazreal posted:

taimi owns

They also say that Hitler did nothing wrong. Oh, the legendary trinkets are like 8k gold for the full set or something like that.

E: She is part of a master race, thinks she is a misunderstood genius, faith in war machines, etc. Makes you think.

dad on the rag fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Jul 27, 2017

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Ditch all the companions and ride with our new bro palawa joko forever, solving all our problems as they pop up by throwing hundreds of junundu worms and tidal waves of undead sunspears at them.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Jinh posted:

Ditch all the companions and ride with our new bro palawa joko forever, solving all our problems as they pop up by throwing hundreds of junundu worms and tidal waves of undead sunspears at them.

Just admit you only want his wurm.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Leg trinket has a baller aura (love those swirling orbs), but a mystic tribute is a pretty steep price, particularly when s3 trinks are so cheap in comparison.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Is there a list of all the various ascended items you can buy with LS3 zone specific currency? I haven't played since Ep.2 but am curious. Or perhaps they did not add more ascended items in the later zones?

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Ineptitude posted:

Is there a list of all the various ascended items you can buy with LS3 zone specific currency? I haven't played since Ep.2 but am curious. Or perhaps they did not add more ascended items in the later zones?

Somebody did a list.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Also worth noting that the bloodstone fen trinkets are the only ones you can very cheap and easy change the stats on. Also the bitterfrost ones are the one most easily farmed. Not sure what the cap is, but I've gotten ~50 berries from 3 diff characters in one day.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Can some one give me a rundown of the current state of the various elite specs/how fun they are? I haven't played in years, kind of want to come back, but can probably only really play one character (I have almost every class at 80)

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Also for people stressing out about unlocking the legendary trinket collection, to actually get the thing is 1.3-1.6k gold. So don't stress yourself to get the gobblers unless you are ready to drop that. It also has a blue/purple glow that can't be disabled and may not be able to be dyed.

BexGu posted:

Can some one give me a rundown of the current state of the various elite specs/how fun they are? I haven't played in years, kind of want to come back, but can probably only really play one character (I have almost every class at 80)

That's very subjective, what role do you generally like and what are you wanting to do? I love Druid for open world stuff but I've always been a healer at heart.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Probably a more melee focus to do Open World content and power through the various story/meta zone events. Really what is holding me back is that it's annoying to have to do a HP train to unlock skills/tree attributes to get a feel of the elite spec.

BexGu fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jul 27, 2017

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

UchihaHirou posted:

Just admit you only want his wurm.

I'm gonna enter the bone palace

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

BexGu posted:

Probably a more melee focus to do Open World content and power through the various story/meta zone events.

Revenant, Warrior, & Guardian are all strong and good (their elite specs pmuch just make them better overall). Thief if you're looking for a lot of mobility for open-world stuff, but they are pretty squishy in the HoT zones (though if you kill things quick enough it's not a huge issue).

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

BexGu posted:

Reaper is Necro greatsword spec, alright attempt at a power reaper, but people just use viper's gear and go condi. I love it a lot, more than any other class I've tried. Most non-dungeon/fractal/raid content is soloable, and open world content is a faceroll even if you have an alright knowledge of the class.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

BexGu posted:

Probably a more melee focus to do Open World content and power through the various story/meta zone events. Really what is holding me back is that it's annoying to have to do a HP train to unlock skills/tree attributes to get a feel of the elite spec.

Try it in sPvP?

SkullMuffinz
Jan 31, 2011

I like things that are dumb.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Try it in sPvP?

This.

For the most part, numbers for every elite spec should be fine (for open world anyway) as long as you don't have a crazy weird combination of stats. Going into sPvP where all the specs are unlocked is a good way to see which style you like the most. That's how I figured out I would like Daredevil a lot more than I anticipated

In my opinion the most important thing to look for, is what you like personally enjoy, especially for open world where metabuilds are only relevant if you want then to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Yeah, and pretty much any class/spec can blow through story/open world content, so you're going to have to try them in sPvP and narrow it down.

• Locked thread