Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
people are pretty much the same everywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
city tribalism is good. i wish it was so extreme that ppl hated the rest of amerikkka and destroyed nationalism

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I lived in Arlington for a couple years back in the early 2000s. I would not have called any of the parts of it I frequented hipstery. Pity it cost so much to live there, was a good experience all told.

Right now if you want to drink beer shipped from 5000 miles away while telsa's honk in the street next to you it's good. Though we might be working on different definitions of the word hipster. In my TOTALLY UNBIASED OPINION it's Alexandria but more expensive and without the fun of old town

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Dude, why you gotta bring us all down like that? The Zone is supposed to be a happy place :smith:

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Venom Snake posted:

Northam is polling head to head with gollipipeieieie and oh boy is the campaign not taking it well lol

from an ethical standpoint it's very important that northam win, however from a petty standpoint i hate a lot of the people working on that campaign and want them to lose. it's tough

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Venom Snake posted:

Northam is polling head to head with gollipipeieieie and oh boy is the campaign not taking it well lol

isn't the Republican candidate the one with a bunched pissed of red hats swearing no cooperation working against it?

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

northn virginia is probably the worst place on earth

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
hipsters no longer exist

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Dude, why you gotta bring us all down like that? The Zone is supposed to be a happy place :smith:
i generally like people though :3:

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

i'm the john mccain of owning a beach house in a landlocked state

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Venom Snake posted:

Right now if you want to drink beer shipped from 5000 miles away while telsa's honk in the street next to you it's good. Though we might be working on different definitions of the word hipster. In my TOTALLY UNBIASED OPINION it's Alexandria but more expensive and without the fun of old town

It's entirely possible it's changed since I lived there (though come to think of it there was the Continental Modern bar which did go all-in on ironic kitch). At the time I did most of my drinking in Georgetown because there was a kickass BBQ and bourbon bar on my route to and from GWU that I passed most days of the week.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

got any sevens posted:

do you ever go into voodoo donuts and hem and haw about which donut to buy so you hold the line up and drive the manager crazy?

p sure locals don't actually eat at Voodoo

Also reiterating how terrible portland is, please spread the word, especially if you've got retirement age parents in California looking to sell their house and move

LGD has issued a correction as of 18:44 on Jul 27, 2017

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Venom Snake posted:

My [insert urban location here] is cool and fun. All other urban locations are too expensive and suck

Everywhere is too loving expensive in this garbage country.

But my city is the best and I'm required to fight you on the honor of the birds

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Everywhere is too loving expensive in this garbage country.

But my city is the best and I'm required to fight you on the honor of the birds

I was going to throw down but i like birds more than people so i will stay my hand

for now

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

got any sevens posted:

do you ever go into voodoo donuts and hem and haw about which donut to buy so you hold the line up and drive the manager crazy?

my first experience with voodoo doughnut was joining a long-rear end line, seeing someone arguing with the cashier about some nonsense, and leaving. and that satisfied my craving for the voodoo doughnut experience for a long time

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
colorado is better than both coasts and anywhere else in the midwest sooooooooo

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
also some guy died at voodoo donut here from a donut eating contest

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
yea if you like freezing your balls off around a bunch of libertarians and evangelical creeps

no thanks

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

LGD posted:

p sure locals don't actually eat at Voodoo

I don't know why anyone would when there's a dozen amazing donut places in Portland and voodoo is the only one with a 45-minute line

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

GalacticAcid posted:

yea if you like freezing your balls off around a bunch of libertarians and evangelical creeps

no thanks

jokes on you Colorado is about 40% Californians by this point

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Agean90 posted:

isn't the Republican candidate the one with a bunched pissed of red hats swearing no cooperation working against it?

Yeah but Northam is also insanely freaking bland and p much ever expecting the GOP to break ranks is stupid

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
yo we get more sunshine than miami and the evangelicals are confined to a libertarian compound known as colorado springs, thankfully isolated by more than 100 miles from any population center that matters

legal weed, huge beautiful mountains, progressive culture, healthiest state in the union, etc.

also the guy choked to death trying to eat a half pound donut in less than 80 seconds lmao america

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Agean90 posted:

jokes on you Colorado is about 40% Californians by this point

so is salt lake city but im not moving to utah

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

ex post facho posted:

also the guy choked to death trying to eat a half pound donut in less than 80 seconds lmao america

lol

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

ex post facho posted:

yo we get more sunshine than miami and the evangelicals are confined to a libertarian compound known as colorado springs, thankfully isolated by more than 100 miles from any population center that matters

legal weed, huge beautiful mountains, progressive culture, healthiest state in the union, etc.

that's a lot of donut!!

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Concerned Citizen posted:

from an ethical standpoint it's very important that northam win, however from a petty standpoint i hate a lot of the people working on that campaign and want them to lose. it's tough

If he loses real bad poo poo is going to happen because of the GOP hold on the legislature so yah while Northam isn't great I'm going to try and do my best during my short time up here before I have to go back to college in...

...florida :shepicide:

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

Venom Snake posted:

Hipsters didn't really exist in DC in the early 2000s IIRC. Despite its proximity to NYC/PHI/etc., trends like that don't usually take root here until years later. DC is extreeeeeeemely culturally conservative for obvious reasons.

The Little Kielbasa has issued a correction as of 18:53 on Jul 27, 2017

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Venom Snake posted:

If he loses real bad poo poo is going to happen because of the GOP hold on the legislature so yah while Northam isn't great I'm going to try and do my best during my short time up here before I have to go back to college in...

are you excited for Rick Scott to win Bill Nelson's senate seat next year

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

GalacticAcid posted:

so is salt lake city but im not moving to utah

that was not to be taken as an endorsement of Colorado or Californians.

fun fact while I was typing this there were at least 30 traffic accident in Denver that happened for literally the dumbest reasons, ranging from "forgot how to turn" to "choked on weed gummie"

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i live in lovely suburbs and hoard money while doing nothing because i dont live any place cool

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
based on my anecdotal license plate observations, colorado is approximately 30% californians, 20% illinians(????), and 50% dumbass idiot drivers

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Hipsters didn't really exist in DC in the early 2000s. Despite its proximity to NYC/PHI/etc., trends like that don't usually take root here until years later. DC is extreeeeeeemely culturally conservative for obvious reasons.

I mean are we talking fashion trends because the DC area is one of the most blue in the entire union

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Venom Snake posted:

I have to go back to college in...

I know you feel bad about your election-time lanyardry, but isn't this taking self-flagellation a bit far?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

docbeard posted:

Hear the wolves a howling
The crowd it claps for more
And I thought I heard you praying
It's just the closing of the door

Ride the snake, he's old, and his skin is cold
The west is the best, the west is the best
Get here, and we'll do the rest
The blue bus is callin' us, the blue bus is callin' us
Driver, where you taken us

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Venom Snake posted:

lol

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

anime was right posted:

i live in lovely suburbs and hoard money while doing nothing because i dont live any place cool

same but without suburbs because the suburbs in Wyoming share more in common with armed compounds then they do with Yonkers

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

the bitcoin of weed posted:

are you excited for Rick Scott to win Bill Nelson's senate seat next year

I am excited for the sea to swallow this state

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I know you feel bad about your election-time lanyardry, but isn't this taking self-flagellation a bit far?

The department at my school is good and has done right by me but lmao it's still florida so the minute I graduate I'm out of here

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
like i understand that illinois is a garbage tier state marginally better than ohio or west virginia but colorado is full, sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Al! posted:

man you're really a dumbshit huh

Would you be OK if I printed this reply to my post and hung it on the wall of my cube that people can't see if they're just walking by

• Locked thread