Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
https://twitter.com/JamesArkin/status/890671268508422144

The villagers are getting restless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

berserker posted:

I'm getting the feeling it's going to end up with Murkowski and Graham as "no" votes and everyone else falling in line. They'll get Collins on board, they'll get McCain because he sucks and won't die, and it'll be a 50+1 shitshow once again.

collins even voted against the 2015 repeal, she's not voting for this

SuperMarrio
Mar 26, 2005

Those who live by capitalism must be prepared to die by it.

I wonder how Ron Pembis feels about being called these funny names

also Ron Pembis would be a great forums username

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lol a 70 year old lobster.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
I eagerly await the reboot of Schoolhouse Rock that will try and teach the process of bills becoming laws to the next generation of children, because I'm pretty loving confused right now.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Coca Koala posted:

I eagerly await the reboot of Schoolhouse Rock that will try and teach the process of bills becoming laws to the next generation of children, because I'm pretty loving confused right now.

Here you go

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/ajplus/status/890349059310997504

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

I thought Gender Dysmorphia was a mental disorder? It's in the DSM-5 and hormone therapy and sexual reassignment surgery are approved treatments for the disorder?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

FizFashizzle posted:

I mean, would that even taste good? Can we get someone from Maine to weigh in on this? Are Lobsters like fine wine?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/ChadPergram/status/890673113800744960

i agree with this: i'm certainly not willing to say this will fail but the votes aren't there yet

heller has also suddenly started hedging - my guess is that he won't kill it if he's the deciding vote but if it's dying anyway he wants to get on board with killing it:

https://twitter.com/meganmesserly/status/890670654206263296

Kale
May 14, 2010

Man things are really loving bad in the states. Like epic bad

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

I read that last night in GQ. To be honest, it's actually pretty loving awesome.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
If this passes without Murkowski and Collins as the only No's it makes a lot of sense for them both to become Democrats.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

"WHY CAN'T WE GO BACK TO THE DAYS WHERE WE JUST SHIP GAYS AND EVERYTHING ELSE THAT AIN'T STRAIGHT TO AN INSTITUTION WHERE WE DRUG THEM UP UNTIL THEY EITHER SHUT UP, DIE, AND/OR CONVERT TO STRAIGHTISM?!"

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

FizFashizzle posted:

$42 grand on one dinner.

:smug::homebrew:BLUECOLLAR HERO:homebrew::smug:

How is this the person trusted by fox news fans, let alone a New York City Millionaire? How.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Covok posted:

These are simply amazing posts. I love every word. The use of surreal absurdism on top of modern myth parody gives away the cultures unnatural obsession with heroes, real or fictional. Brazen tactics are to be expected, psyops less effective.

I love you too, Covok. :glomp:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

They're really leaning on the propaganda machine internally for a policy that has no enforcement or implementation plan yet.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Eltoasto posted:

I mean, would that even taste good? Can we get someone from Maine to weigh in on this? Are Lobsters like fine wine?

AFAIK lobsters don't "age" I'm any conventional sense so it was probably just really big lobster that tastes like any other lobster.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Eltoasto posted:

It had been alive for 70 years when it was caught, lobsters can live for a long loving time.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Reik posted:

I thought Gender Dysmorphia was a mental disorder? It's in the DSM-5 and hormone therapy and sexual reassignment surgery are approved treatments for the disorder?

Being transgender and suffering from gender dysmorphia don't map 1:1. In other words, "gender dysmorphia" Isn't just a medical term for "transgender," but is rather a specific thing that some people who are transgender suffer from.

At least, that's how I understand it. Someone who's done more research or who actually is trans could probably explain it better.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

Switchblade Switcharoo

Reik posted:

quote:

People are not born that way.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Coca Koala posted:

I think young people are getting pretty educated about civics at the moment, judging from the fuming of youth I'm seeing on the internet.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

evilweasel posted:

collins even voted against the 2015 repeal, she's not voting for this

I guess my feeling stems from cynicism; if Graham is signaling that he won't vote for a skinny repeal (and I can't see how something that doesn't actually cause a market death spiral would still be able to be considered a skinny repeal), that leads me to believe that one of either Collins or Murkowski has been successfully bought out.

hostile apostle
Aug 29, 2006
:stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia:
Stadia didn't outlive SA but it did outlive Lowtax - Happy Birthday Stadia! #ad
:stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWd6XgBVIcg

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Reik posted:

Regardless of any of the facts relating to the classification of gender dysphoria, the white house ain't linking that article because they care about trans peoples' mental health.

BlueberryCanary
Mar 18, 2016

Jesus Christ, this is so loving terrible. The modern consensus among professional psychologists is that being transgender is NOT psychological disorder. It's been that way for decades. And to accept that it IS a disorder would be to completely reject the idea that being transgender is valid.

gently caress these goddamn fascist relics.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Eltoasto posted:

I'm not sure either way but it's a travesty that that lobster survived from the days of when lobster was a poor person food, only to be devoured by Sean Hannity's disgusting lying maw.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
the fact that this farce was considered a reasonable plan shows how loving stupid this country is

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

mcmagic posted:

If this passes without Murkowski and Collins as the only No's it makes a lot of sense for them both to become Democrats.

Not really, they are high ranking senators with a lot of committee power. Murkowski for example controls when and if any interior department official gets a confirmation hearing. The interior department that just threatened her state. If she changed caucuses she would lose that authority.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/StephenAtHome/status/890375911471812609

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Well, that's it. I'm done with politics for the day.

what the gently caress.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Reik posted:

I could be 100% wrong so take this with a grain of salt. You know how cognitive dissonance refers specifically to the discomfort holding conflicts beliefs causes, not to the holding of the beliefs itself? I'm pretty sure this is the same way. I'm pretty sure gender dysphoria refers to the feeling of distress, not to being transgender itself.

But I don't know. I'm not an expert.

E: f,b. Also the point that this is all disingenuous anyway is correct.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Graham being a No (or at least saying he is) might give Heller cover to bail?

His governor is a public No so that's gotta matter.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
https://twitter.com/SenatePress/status/890674666032971776

Quick break from HC debate to send the Russia Sanctions to Trump.

https://twitter.com/nielslesniewski/status/890675636125155328

Football gonna get kicked SO HARD.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Eltoasto posted:

It would be almost entirely petrified. A "rock lobster," if you will.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Casey Finnigan posted:

Regardless of any of the facts relating to the classification of gender dysphoria, the white house ain't linking that article because they care about trans peoples' mental health.

And if they did, and if it were, i'd like to see the reaction if they acted like this about vets diagnosed with any other mental condition.

Vets get health care. It's part of the deal.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

:10bux: says he vetoes it. Double or nothing says he pocket vetoes it because he doesn't want to say anything.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

That's real hopeful: everyone on that list except for Perdue is a possible "no skinny repeal" vote, with so many people that no one person is "the one who killed the bill".

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

https://twitter.com/nielslesniewski/status/890675636125155328

:suspense:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Eltoasto posted:

i think lobsters never stop growing so the older it is the bigger it is

• Locked thread