Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The gallant is also a fantastic DD. Bought one on a whim and I've been very happy with it.

Definitely doing better than the Fubuki in ranked :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
New patch announced, still no Royal Navy BBs.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Cippalippus posted:

New patch announced, still no Royal Navy BBs.

Godamnit :byodood:

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Tier VIII is at peak weekend levels of bad right now. Suppose it's people trying to get the Dunkerque camo without having the ship.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Sperglord Actual posted:

Tier VIII is at peak weekend levels of bad right now. Suppose it's people trying to get the Dunkerque camo without having the ship.

You get special flags for each version of that mission.

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

If Thomson hadn't disabled the louts' aeroplanes with well tossed wrenches, I dare say those uncouth vandals would have made off with your victuals and garments.
High tiers in general all seem bad right now.

Also 6.9, no BBs but I'm definitely going to get that Yamamoto captain asap since I finished the other campaigns so long ago.

Edit: Gotta watch out for P-38s though.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Sperglord Actual posted:

Yea, this is me. The only T8 ships I have with Torps are Atago and Kutuzov which means, uhhhh, RIP my stats for those ships.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Gwaihir posted:

Yea, this is me. The only T8 ships I have with Torps are Atago and Kutuzov which means, uhhhh, RIP my stats for those ships.

Khaba and Chapayev for me. I really want those flags but 15 torpedo strikes is a tall ask for those two.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
It's the first time I've really played with Atago in ages, so that's sorta fun at least. It's too bad friendly torp hits don't count otherwise I'd be 1/2 way there instead of 1/3 thanks to two friendly DDs accelerating from a dead stop and bee lining straight to my torps out of the blue.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
I did the 15 torps part with a Gearing. The amount of people who see your distant torps and go like "eh, those won't reach me" is amazing.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Oh poo poo, Indy and Ryujo in this ranked match and my team has the Indy. And he's 1/1/1, fuuuuuuuuuuck!

Actually it's ok because the Ryujo was an idiot that spent the whole match trying and failing to snipe our Indy. And lost 16 planes in a single strafe. I knew exactly how the red team felt as they yelled for him to stop playing CVs and/or uninstall. Sorry guys, but thanks for the star.

Mauzeraut
Aug 15, 2005

Ka-BEWWWWM!
Did the torp mission with the Yugumo. Ship is a lot more bearable with the buffs to TRB and shima torps. I'm rarely lucky with torp salvos but every once in a while if I throw enough darts at the board I get something out of it.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Gearing this, Yugumo that, I just did most of the mission in Tirpitz, because who needs to stealth torp when you can just charge them like manly (sea)men. Though I admittedly did finish out the last few while trying out my new Shimakaze (finally ground out the credits to buy and equip her).

edit: Due to secondaries, this conveniently took care of the fire part of the mission at the same time.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jul 27, 2017

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
High tiers....yeah I got threatened to be reported by a Gearing yesterday because I shot and killed him in smoke. I was in a Moskva. Not entirely sure how that combination of circumstances should be even remotely possible.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I "one shot" a gearing in my Shima yesterday. 1 salvo of HE and he was dead. Got devastating strike but he didn't get detonation which was weird. Didn't know something like this could even happen.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I'm pretty new to this game and in a game last night I sent an HE volley from the tier 3 German cruiser into the broadside of some rank 2 destroyer and looked away cause he popped smoke and was about to disappear and then I got a "destroyed" ribbon and devastating hit and lucky hit achievement. I have no idea what happened cause I dunno where I hit him but he loving blew up in one go. Magazine blew up or full citadel penetration?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I'm pretty new to this game and in a game last night I sent an HE volley from the tier 3 German cruiser into the broadside of some rank 2 destroyer and looked away cause he popped smoke and was about to disappear and then I got a "destroyed" ribbon and devastating hit and lucky hit achievement. I have no idea what happened cause I dunno where I hit him but he loving blew up in one go. Magazine blew up or full citadel penetration?

DDs don't have citadels, but I guess they can be detonated due to a mag hit. I think that's what I did to that poor Gearing.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Just started playing the T-22 and this is up there with the very worst ships in the game. My previous worst was the Novik, or any T3 BB, but this thing is loving dreadful. The guns are Tier-for-Tier the worst I have experienced. The only thing even slightly decent is the concealment and torps.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

kaesarsosei posted:

Just started playing the T-22 and this is up there with the very worst ships in the game. My previous worst was the Novik, or any T3 BB, but this thing is loving dreadful. The guns are Tier-for-Tier the worst I have experienced. The only thing even slightly decent is the concealment and torps.

Start focusing more on torpedos and less on your guns. Use only ap on your guns. The caliber is so small that you won't overpen destroyers. It is still german and has the improved german ap damage (at the expense of pen which again makes it useful on enemy destroyers). You can use it on cruisers and battleships (superstructure only of course) as well, but will need them to be more or less broadside. Again though, play it more like an ijn dd. Also keep in mind that your turrets can all spin 360 degrees.

Other than that, yeah, it is the worse ship. I hated it for the most part until I started following what I posted there. Still terrible, but at least more tolerable once you realize that ap is the shell to use and not he.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Stanley Pain posted:

DDs don't have citadels, but I guess they can be detonated due to a mag hit. I think that's what I did to that poor Gearing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku3qM_AC-Os

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

https://youtu.be/UGsBkDzB0wo?t=64

A better video spot.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
Ugh. I've been chasing the super container for "Equip Your Ship 3" and have, after grinding entirely through the Algiers and the Charles Martel I have just completed Equip Your Ship 2.

That means I've got to grind 30k XP tonight after work. I don't think it's happening.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
So it appears flamu heard wrong about the graf's center torps being unaffected by outside pressure (defensive fire or fighters).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vsv7_oObcQI

Aeroon attempts it under defensive fire just to see, and they do spread out.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
I have a couple of EU server codes for: Warspite, Kamakaze, Gremyashchy and Graf Spee plus 2k dubs and 7 days of prem (all of them, it's a bundle). They are one per account. PM with offer me if interested.

Darkrenown fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jul 27, 2017

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Hot Karl Marx posted:

The Lucky Hit achievement is rewarded for the first time you get a kill with a detonation. Its pretty much random. You will detonate eventually, too.

Hazdoc fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jul 27, 2017

Fizzil
Aug 24, 2005

There are five fucks at the edge of a cliff...

Darkrenown posted:

I have a couple of EU server codes for: Warspite, Kamakaze, Gremyashchy and Graf Spee plus 2k dubs and 7 days of prem (all of them, it's a bundle). They are one per account. PM with offer me if interested.

A grem in the bundle? and also it works on existing accounts?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
There's actually a LOT of mechanical stuff behind detonations that's pretty much totally obscured from players. The short of it is that being shot at with HE enough will likely detonate a DD and being torped has a chance to detonate many ships.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Fizzil posted:

A grem in the bundle? and also it works on existing accounts?

Yup to both.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Hazdoc posted:

The Lucky Hit achievement is rewarded for the first time you get a kill with a detonation. Its pretty much random. You will detonate eventually, too.

the game before that happened the exact thing happened to me. a cruiser broadsided me and just blew me the gently caress up

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Two days in a row I've gotten duplicates for the Dunkirk crate. I only need four more.

Ugh, gently caress this game.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Part of me loves playing T8 BB in T10 matches, you find so many players who do no respect your guns at all. Tonight I volleyed a Moskva with my Amagi, 4 citadels for 50k damage volley. Then killed 2 G. Kurwursts with my NC because they just made no attempt to angle at all.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012

Darkrenown posted:

I have 2 of the ships otherwise I'd be all over this.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Got the captain. Now I don't need to play Gallant or ranked anymore for a while.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/life-universe-everything/

The first couple of questions are great. The answers to them are just as great. In the laughing type of great.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Today my North Carolina feasted on reckless pubbies.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

quite an accomplishment, WG

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Pacra posted:

Even over the course of multiple battles, that's... a LOT of CV games to pull it off.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Pacra posted:

I wonder what the number is actually supposed to be, because even assuming it's supposed to be something like 30 it would be insanely difficult to do in a single battle. Like, I don't score anywhere near that many hits even in games with well over 100k damage caused.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Lord Koth posted:

I wonder what the number is actually supposed to be, because even assuming it's supposed to be something like 30 it would be insanely difficult to do in a single battle. Like, I don't score anywhere near that many hits even in games with well over 100k damage caused.

doing 30 in a destroyer is pretty difficult as well really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

10+ is already quite a feat.