Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Yes, star wars and avengers, those totally not mainstream franchises, totes know only by people at the highest level of nerd and geek.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Why do some of the words have hashtags and others don't?

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS

Outrail posted:

Are you agreeing or criticizing me? Coz that applies as well.
I'm pointing out that muslims don't have a monopoly on annoying calls to prayer. I felt that singling them out for it was unfair, when church bells are just as loud or louder than screamers.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Yes Yes Yes

(source)

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Don't binaryshame

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Sir Lemming posted:

Don't binaryshame
No No No No

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
There's no limit.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIlNIVXpIns

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
Powder that makes graphs say "yes"

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

HerStuddMuffin posted:

I'm pointing out that muslims don't have a monopoly on annoying calls to prayer. I felt that singling them out for it was unfair, when church bells are just as loud or louder than screamers.

I 'singled them out' because I lived next to a mosque, not next to a Catholic church or synagogue or kingdom hall. Not bigotry, just self absorbed selfishness.

If it had been a high school I'd be bitching about children and their annoying education and bells.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Isn't the call to prayer 5 times a day?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I thought so but never heard anything else, it was definitely a mosque. Maybe the city gets noisy after the morning. Maybe they're the same as other busy religious people and cut back on how much God interferes with day to day living. Eh.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I live by a primary school and two churches. The only day that doesn't start with traffic everywhere is saturday.

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon
Jewish temples don't ring bells *or* call for prayer, and everyone hates us anyways.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Hm, MacBook is more geeky and nerdy than Linux, and only slightly less so than raspberry pi.

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
Sure, but you know what's really geeky? Culture. :rolleyes:
On the one hand I'm really curious to see the raw data and methodology that led to this atrocity, on the other hand I'm too lazy to type the URL at the bottom into my browser.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Also, having salary or any qualifications is now considered very nerdy and probably should be avoided at all costs. What is this, the white trash guide to life?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
It's based on how often the words are associated in Twitter posts apparently

https://slackprop.wordpress.com/2013/06/03/on-geek-versus-nerd/

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Der Kyhe posted:

Also, having salary or any qualifications is now considered very nerdy and probably should be avoided at all costs. What is this, the white trash guide to life?

The person presenting this data does not consider nerdy or geeky to be bad things but is just categorizing concepts

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Anyone else hear the noise from that Angel's Grapefruit Technique video every time you glance at that infographic?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Anyone else hear the noise from that Angel's Grapefruit Technique video every time you glance at that infographic?

It's the bonus technique. :colbert:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enrlFHzPVaQ

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I hate this loving cult of genius that's grown up around Musk. Just layer after layer of obsequious loving bullshit.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Dude is really good and pulling poo poo back from the brink, and dropping poo poo to start again (see marriage history, rocket crashes, bankruptcy avoidance).

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Yeah, but is "cries" really a lifetime milestone?

Or was it the first time for that emulation to succeed without any short circuits?

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

I'm the near-random assignment of decision, circumstance and result icons to each item.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Strom Cuzewon posted:

I hate this loving cult of genius that's grown up around Musk. Just layer after layer of obsequious loving bullshit.

After Steve Jobs died people needed a new idol, I guess.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
It's a case of religious zealots who think they're atheists but have no clue how to live on their own, so they fill the void with capital-S Science and all its prophets, sins, and doomsday stories

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

my favorite part is musk's tough childhood in apartheid south africa what with his supermodel mom and going to private boarding schools

:airquote: tough :airquote:

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

stone cold posted:

my favorite part is musk's tough childhood in apartheid south africa what with his supermodel mom and going to private boarding schools

I dunno it's probably pretty tough to make it as a supermodel with the name "Musk"

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

stone cold posted:

Yeah but "Rich kid gets even more rich due to rich friends and family connections" doesn't sell as well.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Glazier posted:

Yeah but "Rich white kid gets even more rich due to rich friends and family connections" doesn't sell as well.

you forgot a word

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

stone cold posted:

Don't you know white guys had it hard under apartheid?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I like the part where he's a self-made man who just happened to start out with his father giving him $28,000

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
But he was bullied, guys!

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Paladinus posted:

But he was bullied, guys!

Not enough.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010