Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

elpaganoescapa posted:

I just wanna know if we're gonna fight Light-enhanced Cabal. I want to see Bungie try something different, I don't wanna shoot minotaurs, big minotaurs and biggest minotaurs forever

Well good news because there are also fallen and taken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Aren't we the fallen now, since we lost the traveler just like they did

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
when do i get my extra set of robo arms?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Well no, we're just temporarily embarrassed guardians. We're gonna get our traveler back unlike those lazy fallen.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

elpaganoescapa posted:

I just wanna know if we're gonna fight Light-enhanced Cabal. I want to see Bungie try something different, I don't wanna shoot minotaurs, big minotaurs and biggest minotaurs forever

We already got enhanced versions of all the enemies, and they loving sucked balls. 90% of them teleport, yeah that's good gameplay!

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
On the upside, Cabal shields have a vulnerable point on them now. I was not looking forward to a campaign full of shield assholes, so I'm glad they made that change.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
I've made this joke before, but there should be a raid boss that is just a giant D1 Cabal shield. No enemy behind it, just a big fuckoff shield. It runs around the room smacking you into walls. It takes no damage. You win the raid when you give up and turn your PS4 off.

KillTylerDurden
May 15, 2004
I watched Fight Club one too many times.

AAB posted:

please dont anyone post the gamestop exclusive destiny 2 fidget spinner

On eBay right now: 8 auction listings for "Destiny fidget spinner".

One was just listed and has no bids.

The other seven? $70-100.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
For what it's worth [KINK] currently stands at 45 members and many of those are recent applications. Our Discord has an involved moderation team (who don't take it super seriously in a spergy way). We run coordinated LFG stuff nightly on D1 and we are pretty drat active as it stands.

And I don't care what's the "right" goon way to run a clan because that's not what Waffles and I set out to do. What we wanted was a cool group of active players who are chill and don't take this poo poo seriously. And I take Destiny about as seriously as I take choosing which episode of TNG to watch with dinner.

Call it INSERT REASON HERE N'Chill because we are inclusive and it doesn't matter why as long as you are chill. For all I care it's Sous Vide N'Chill. And it seems like I learned via this clan that sous vide is cool and good!

Just. Shoot. Mans.

(and argue about pre-order bonuses!)

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

elpaganoescapa posted:

If they do it'll probably be something like Ghaul has become a Guardian with the power of the light and at the end of the campaign you kill him but welp he's a loving Guardian so he just comes back and in the raid fight to actually kill him you have to blow up a bunch of generators or throw bombs into vent holes or something to make the robot spider attached to the traveler blow up so you can shoot him.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

AAB posted:

please dont anyone post the gamestop exclusive destiny 2 fidget spinner

I want a GameStop exclusive Destiny 2 meat spinner

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014

the good fax machine posted:

We already got enhanced versions of all the enemies, and they loving sucked balls. 90% of them teleport, yeah that's good gameplay!

Yeah, the teleporting was kinda bullshit. But maybe they can think of enemies that are more fun to fight

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014

Policenaut posted:

If they do it'll probably be something like Ghaul has become a Guardian with the power of the light and at the end of the campaign you kill him but welp he's a loving Guardian so he just comes back and in the raid fight to actually kill him you have to blow up a bunch of generators or throw bombs into vent holes or something to make the robot spider attached to the traveler blow up so you can shoot him.

Yeah, maybe I'm hoping for too much. It will just be a mechanic implemented in like one story mission and parts of the raid, maybe

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

el B posted:

Good luck with that!
Aww thanks, friend :glomp:

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Mikey-San posted:

On the upside, Cabal shields have a vulnerable point on them now. I was not looking forward to a campaign full of shield assholes, so I'm glad they made that change.

They did in the beta? The pulsing diamond in the middle.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

:aaaaa:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

my clan is built from the rage packed ashes of failed raid attempts

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Wonder what's up with the reef. Also xur.

Isn't nessus basically past Neptune? Is the inner planets turbo hosed?

E: apparently nessus is one of the cis-neptunian centaurs. Sexual identity of planets gets weird I guess

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jul 27, 2017

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

next week is the final iron banner. it's gonna be control.

good riddance.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Wonder what's up with the reef. Also xur.

Isn't nessus basically past Neptune? Is the inner planets turbo hosed?

E: apparently nessus is one of the cis-neptunian centaurs. Sexual identity of planets gets weird I guess

Sup I'm 7066 Nessus and I chill in an orbit somewhere between the inner and outer asteroid belts.

I remember reading somewhere that Nessus would be only available on a limited window, which I guess is kinda cool; maybe we'll get a "The Stars Align!" event where the whole Solar System is lit up and accessible at the "end" of Destiny 2.

Timegated Worlds.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Insane Totoro posted:

For what it's worth [KINK] currently stands at 45 members and many of those are recent applications. Our Discord has an involved moderation team (who don't take it super seriously in a spergy way). We run coordinated LFG stuff nightly on D1 and we are pretty drat active as it stands.

And I don't care what's the "right" goon way to run a clan because that's not what Waffles and I set out to do. What we wanted was a cool group of active players who are chill and don't take this poo poo seriously. And I take Destiny about as seriously as I take choosing which episode of TNG to watch with dinner.

Call it INSERT REASON HERE N'Chill because we are inclusive and it doesn't matter why as long as you are chill. For all I care it's Sous Vide N'Chill. And it seems like I learned via this clan that sous vide is cool and good!

Just. Shoot. Mans.

(and argue about pre-order bonuses!)
Nice meltdown fam

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I could see them rotating available missions/maps to keep them fresh, but you better be sure you have a poo poo load if you're gonna do that. Sorta neat idea, although if you're looking for like titan-specific guns or something and titan is in occlusion right now it's gonna suck poo poo 4u.

Is there any info about the current locations' situations in 2? Titan and dreadnaught are right next to each other, basically. Like moon & cosmodrome & dead zone.

I'd like to see some other earth zones too, someday.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I could see them rotating available missions/maps to keep them fresh, but you better be sure you have a poo poo load if you're gonna do that. Sorta neat idea, although if you're looking for like titan-specific guns or something and titan is in occlusion right now it's gonna suck poo poo 4u.

Is there any info about the current locations' situations in 2? Titan and dreadnaught are right next to each other, basically. Like moon & cosmodrome & dead zone.

I'd like to see some other earth zones too, someday.

There's a Tower announcement in Destiny 1 about a "Manhattan Nuclear Zone". Small things in Destiny have tended to refer to later content expansions in the game, but you never know. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'd be very, very surprised if all we got in D2 for Earth was the European Dead Zone throughout the course of the whole lifecycle of the game.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

apparently nessus is one of the cis-neptunian centaurs. Sexual identity of planets gets weird I guess

Honestly Bungie hosed up choosing Nessus over Phallus Pholus

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!

The Meat Dimension posted:

Honestly Bungie hosed up choosing Nessus over Phallus Pholus

Canceling my D2 pre order!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Insane Totoro posted:

Canceling my D2 pre order!

:toot:

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
Kidding!

And miss out on my free fidget spinner??

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Waffle House posted:

There's a Tower announcement in Destiny 1 about a "Manhattan Nuclear Zone". Small things in Destiny have tended to refer to later content expansions in the game, but you never know. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'd be very, very surprised if all we got in D2 for Earth was the European Dead Zone throughout the course of the whole lifecycle of the game.

poo poo i haven't played one in like a year. Gonna have to pop in later.

One thing that I always made me think there would be multiple zones per planet was how it'd be like "name of place, ishtar, Venus" or whatever. I always thought there'd be multiple zones. I guess plaguelands counts but for some reason when it first came out I thought more zones would kick in faster, at a pretty steady rate. I did like the creative re use of locations for new missions. Also how in the beta the blown up tower was now a mission that was neat.

Really a cool thing about the setting is they could essentially make an infinite number of locations in the solar system, with a little bit of creativity. You can make it so each place is radically different but still fits into the visual or atmospheric theme of the planet it's on.

Plus if they're putting in crazy poo poo like random planetoids...

When one came out didn't they mention another dead zone focused around Chicago? What does "dead zone" even mean?

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
Personally I'd like to see new environments based on the solar system being extra blown up so a chunk of exploded Pluto would be cool, for example.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Another thing was how in the dreadnaught you have to actually put in a beacon, that was cool and I wish patrols was more that kinda stuff, where you had to extend and protect the influence of the city.

Hell, if they fleshed out assassination bounties and made it so you could and had to actually track down the fucker that'd be cool. Sort of like a dynamic mini strike.

E: obviously you can tie that into factions like ikora's spies or reef guys. Bungie feel free to get in touch.

E2: you should get loot like what silken codecs used to be, but depending on who you turn it in to you get varying faction rep on top of glimmer. Some factions only care about certain kind of items. Some are somewhat mutually exclusive. Bungee I need a new job let's do this

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jul 28, 2017

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
We know that they can do multi step patrols and repeating quests, so it would be a great additional feature. Especially if it encouraged fireteams for completion. Like a boss that needs a Golden Gun to bring down shields but a Titan punch to damage health. And if locating said boss was actually tricky in a very large patrol area.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Insane Totoro posted:

Personally I'd like to see new environments based on the solar system being extra blown up so a chunk of exploded Pluto would be cool, for example.

I'd love to play on a blown out Uranus

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I'd love to play on a blown out Uranus

Same, Uranus has been loving the solar system for a long time

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Insane Totoro posted:

We know that they can do multi step patrols and repeating quests, so it would be a great additional feature. Especially if it encouraged fireteams for completion. Like a boss that needs a Golden Gun to bring down shields but a Titan punch to damage health. And if locating said boss was actually tricky in a very large patrol area.

This would be cool, but they should keep it so that teams are only required in actual strikes. A pick up kinda deal where it doesn't take huge investment in most cases.

They should keep track of what is actually done in game like "poo poo we're losing grip on the ring of Uranus, more bounties out there" and then later on "gently caress nobody did home patrols" and make it feel like that sorta stuff has an effect on the game world. Make it so zones with less city influence get more chance of crazy stuff happening.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Did someone say ring on Uranus? Is Kirk here?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
The future is full of terrible, wonderful things. Sights to see...

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

your circumcision honestly disgusts me
I hear they will mail you fidget spinner if you roll a hunter on launch day

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

TG-Chrono posted:

They did in the beta? The pulsing diamond in the middle.

I think you misread my post. I was celebrating that the diamond exists in D2 where it did not in D1.

AppleCobbler
Feb 8, 2003
remember that time I was just chilling out and definitely not having a massive meltdown? right guys? guys??? :laugh:

tqilamknbrd posted:

I hear they will mail you fidget spinner if you roll a hunter on launch day

I'm doing a gift-matching program through my non-profit where for every fidget spinner sent to a hunter, I will be sending those users a half pound of human poo poo rolled up in the funnies section of the failing New York Times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I didn't think they ever had the traveler? I'll have to go read the lore cards again, but I thought it was alluded to that they were quite advanced and then got their poo poo pushed in somehow and they don't even remember what it was now and they're pirates who long for the old ways.

Nevermind, I found it. We may as well be fallen now, yarr matey.

PathAsc fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jul 28, 2017