Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

i love the "our sources" with zero citation. like he went out and actually researched anything like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

TinTower posted:

Paul Joseph Watson is claiming there were no black soldiers in the Roman legion.

https://twitter.com/prisonplanet/status/890590677897289728
https://twitter.com/oliciv/status/890593196266409985

If there's one things the Romans did it's segregate people by modern race categories. Roman legions were also mostly non-Celtic or German, so...

Also lol, 90 years ago there's no way someone like him would be considering Italians white. He'd be Anglo-Teutonic all the way.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
The goalposts are shifting. There is a whole group of Roman emperors that came from the balkans too.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Sedge and Bee posted:

Also lol, 90 years ago there's no way someone like him would be considering Italians white. He'd be Anglo-Teutonic all the way.

Yeah, wops aren't white! Plus if you know anything about Italian history there are plenty of people in the south who are even less white if you know what I mean...

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS posted:

i love the "our sources" with zero citation. like he went out and actually researched anything like that.

His sources must come in the form of 1 Sargon unit.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Ularg posted:

His sources must come in the form of 1 Sargon unit.

I forget, is that a sub-5 minute video, or the half-read front page of a scientific paper?

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Grimdude posted:

Gonna be some real gold content for this thread the next couple days.

Well, as "good" as a wave of transphobic posts can be.

I couldn't help myself.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Grimdude posted:

Gonna be some real gold content for this thread the next couple days.

Well, as "good" as a wave of transphobic posts can be.

From a crossword blog:

Reeks of troll, but there's enough anti-PC peeps on that particular site to make me wonder if it's real.

somekindofguy has a new favorite as of 22:16 on Jul 27, 2017

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

somekindofguy posted:

From a crossword blog:

Reeks of troll, but there's enough anti-PC peeps on that particular site to make me wonder if it's real.

Broken image, link the image not the album.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Fixed. Imgur is not good for phone posting.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

somekindofguy posted:

Fixed. Imgur is not good for phone posting.

True, but iOS can't show webp!

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Subjunctive posted:

True, but iOS can't show webp!
that's because it's poo poo

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
To be fair to Apple, though, they haven't been able to convince people to write malware for BSD.

Google and Linux, on the other hand…

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

somekindofguy posted:

From a crossword blog:

I know Rambo will straight up kill me, but giving Frankenfurter the opportunity to commit war crimes is a little more terrifying.

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
Isn't Frank N Furter an arch manipulator with his own castle and the ability to bring people back from the dead? Sounds like he might be a better choice for staying alive in an apocalypse than a guy who burns through a hundred bullets just to kill two guys.

Of course, his conditions for keeping you alive might not be exactly favourable...

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

Of course, his conditions for keeping you alive might not be exactly favourable...

Just like the US Military!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

TinTower posted:

To be fair to Apple, though, they haven't been able to convince people to write malware for BSD.

Google and Linux, on the other hand…

There has been iOS malware for years.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Avenging_Mikon posted:

I forget, is that a sub-5 minute video, or the half-read front page of a scientific paper?

Yes.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

somekindofguy posted:

From a crossword blog:

like this is dumb as gently caress if i'm in some sort of life or death need to be rescued now situation who cares who the person rescuing me is?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Brent Rambo or the bad Rambo?

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Not social media, but definitely an idiot:

The White House's new communications director just vowed to “kill all” government leakers - Vox
https://apple.news/AL3wFWc8VT42PxT1BKiPMSw

These fuckin people...

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Frankenfurter made the perfect man, you bet your rear end I want him to save me over some roided out dipshit who can't even talk right.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Please do not make fun of Stallone's speech impediment. it's ableism

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

congratulations, civilization, on your layer of constantly horny, always online shutins and their shriekingly disproportionate presence

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
what the gently caress does any of that mean

Wasn't "Dream Daddy" on of those lame dating games except with middle aged dudes or something?

Show, don't telll

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Wasn't "Dream Daddy" on of those lame dating games except with middle aged dudes or something?

Yes. Yes it is.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Online Famous people Game Grumps made a dad-themed dating simulator

Some one drew all the Daddies as Mommies. The fat Dad's genderbend is a not-fat woman with giant tits.

Artist came under fire from people who view the concept of genderbends as transphobic and people who view drawing a fat character thinner is fatphobic.

Kiiind of a clusterfuck.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Cythereal posted:

Yes. Yes it is.

I, for one, appreciate the pandering.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Wanna date that dad

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Plom Bar posted:

Some one drew all the Daddies as Mommies. The fat Dad's genderbend is a not-fat woman with giant tits.

Artist came under fire from people who view the concept of genderbends as transphobic and people who view drawing a fat character thinner is fatphobic.

Kiiind of a clusterfuck.

There's also something about an ending that was unfinished in the code of the game, not in the actual game, that got people super mad.

Something about a cult? Like I hear people mad and going "EVIL GAY PEOPLE TROPE" but man, I've played some otomes, and that's just a weird otome thing. They have weird comedy/wrong genre endings hidden in there sometimes. It's just A Thing.

Also IT'S NOT EVEN IN THE GAME OR FINISHED CODING OR ANYTHING COME ON. It's like being mad at GTA for Hot Coffee!

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Midnight Voyager posted:

There's also something about an ending that was unfinished in the code of the game, not in the actual game, that got people super mad.

Something about a cult? Like I hear people mad and going "EVIL GAY PEOPLE TROPE" but man, I've played some otomes, and that's just a weird otome thing. They have weird comedy/wrong genre endings hidden in there sometimes. It's just A Thing.

Also IT'S NOT EVEN IN THE GAME OR FINISHED CODING OR ANYTHING COME ON. It's like being mad at GTA for Hot Coffee!

People were mad at GTA for Hot Coffee though? It was a whole big thing

To be clear I don't know anything about this Dream Daddy controversy but I'm just sayin, not a very apt comparison I don't think.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

It's perfectly apt. Everyone who got mad about Hot Coffee was at best extremely ill informed and at worst using it to disingenuously advance their own personal agendas.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

timp posted:

People were mad at GTA for Hot Coffee though? It was a whole big thing

To be clear I don't know anything about this Dream Daddy controversy but I'm just sayin, not a very apt comparison I don't think.

What Plom Bar said was exactly what I meant. Getting mad at that was also dumb because it wasn't in the released game, it was a thing left over in the code.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Plom Bar posted:

Kiiind of a clusterfuck.

How petty do you need to be that even if 5% of attractive stuff made is appealed to the opposite gender then these guys flip their poo poo and have to correct it.

God forbid they have one less thing to jerk it to.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

An employee of the company chose to create it and put it in the game, and didn't so much as `#ifdef` them out of the production version. It's appropriate to hold the company responsible for its employees. If you don't think the content is objectionable, that's fine. If you agree that it's objectionable then it's appropriate to criticize Rockstar for its presence in the final game.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Ularg posted:

How petty do you need to be that even if 5% of attractive stuff made is appealed to the opposite gender then these guys flip their poo poo and have to correct it.

On a level, I agree, but the artist in question isn't a dude, and also you'd have a hard time convincing me that this particular art was done with malicious intent.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Ularg posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Plom Bar posted:

On a level, I agree, but the artist in question isn't a dude, and also you'd have a hard time convincing me that this particular art was done with malicious intent.

Then I'm more out of the loop than intended. As soon as I heard "Someone took sexy male thing and had to make it into women for themselves" seemed like such a regular internet thing to do. Everything depends on context I guess, oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Ularg posted:

Then I'm more out of the loop than intended. As soon as I heard "Someone took sexy male thing and had to make it into women for themselves" seemed like such a regular internet thing to do. Everything depends on context I guess, oh well.

Swapped gender art is much more common than whatever that scenario is, drawn by fanartists of both genders, but slightly more by women. It's actually a decent creative drawing exercise for artists who have trouble designing their own characters or want to leave their comfort zone.