Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Fuzzie Murloc posted:

http://www.autoblog.com/2017/07/18/turn10-reveals-first-167-cars-of-forza-motorsport-7-list/?ncid=edlinkusauto00000016

I think Cubi may be very very happy cause of a certain porsche.
Also long time no see everyone.

hell yeah 928 :getin:

now we need kei sports cars in forza. it's kinda the thing i want most in the series now (well aside from bringing back the storefront). imagine a goonleague of az-1s, capuccinos, beats and copens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

I think T10 blew their wad with track announcements already and the rest will be all the same from FM6. Though hopefully VIR makes it into the hoppers and leagues.

Project Cars just released their track list and I'll definitely be picking that up just for the environment variety. Classic Silverstone, Spa and Hockenheim

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

classic spa!? holy moly that owns

and a version of silverstone that doesn't make me want to blow my brains out, too? man i skipped out on pcars one but might have to get the second game.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
If it's anything like pCARS, it will play horribly on a gamepad. I wouldn't bother without a wheel.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

that's why i skipped the first one. hope they address that.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yeah the tracklist is easily balanced by my remembering how bad PCars 1 was at launch and how a lot of stuff like AI problems and starting grid bugs never got fixed.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I don't expect PCars 2 to be great

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Forza 7, GT Sport, Pcars 2, and F1 2017 all within a month or so of each other. We're spoiled for options.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

lmao @ anyone expecting anything but mediocrity at best for gt sport

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I don't know why they need to make a PCars 2 for any reason besides they want to get away from the investment scheme that PCars was. Classic Spa was already in PCars, but they removed it when they did the full release. It was really fun, and it was bullshit for them to save it for a later game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The only racing sim I care about anymore is Forza Motorsport. I'm going to skip Project CARS 2 and Gran Turismo Sport. I don't have the time or money for multiple racing games.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

financially racist posted:

lmao @ anyone expecting gt sport to actually come out

For the record, at E3, PCARS 2 was 100% better with a controller than PCARS 1.

The problem was it was still 40% behind how Forza 2 was with a controller.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
It seems my quest to catch up on Forza has come to an end, I am now at the highest rewards tier possible at the moment and 100%ed every game in the series aside from FM6 and FH2. I have made many questionable purchases on this journey.

In other news, new discounts! (with Gold membership, of course) For the week of July 25th to August 1st:
    Forza Horizon 3 Blizzard Mountain - 60% off
    Forza Motorsport 6 Car Pass - 75% off
    Forza Horizon 2 Presents Fast & Furious - 75% off

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

I said come in! posted:

The only racing sim I care about anymore is Forza Motorsport. I'm going to skip Project CARS 2 and Gran Turismo Sport. I don't have the time or money for multiple racing games.

Listen for r/granturismo wailing in agony when GTS turns out to be exactly what it looks like.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

It seems my quest to catch up on Forza has come to an end, I am now at the highest rewards tier possible at the moment and 100%ed every game in the series aside from FM6 and FH2. I have made many questionable purchases on this journey.

In other news, new discounts! (with Gold membership, of course) For the week of July 25th to August 1st:

Holy poo poo dude you've only been at it for just under 3 months and you 100%'d all those games? Do you mean you 100%'d the ForzaHub requirements for max score per game? Or did you actually get all the achievements for each game?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Lol why would you do that holy poo poo

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

I wouldn't even do this, I didn't do this, and i've been playing Forza Motorsport since the day the first game came out. Here is a new challenge for you: level 25 affinity for all car manufacturers in Forza 6. You are the new hardcore Forza goon.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

New car list focusing on classic cars

Of note are the Alfa Romeo 158 which I believe is completely new , the Dodge Coronoet W023 and the VW Karmaan Ghia, both of which were only in FM4 DLC until now.

Full List:
1968 Abarth 595 esseesse
1934 Alfa Romeo P3
1950 Alfa Romeo 158
1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA Stradale
1965 Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2
1968 Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale
1939 Auto Union Type D
1959 BMW 507
1957 BMW Isetta 300 Export
1953 Chevrolet Corvette
1957 Chevrolet Bel Air
1960 Chevrolet Corvette
1964 Chevrolet Impala Super Sport 409
1966 Chevrolet Nova Super Sport
1967 Chevrolet Chevelle Super Sport 396
1967 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 427
1969 Chevrolet Camaro Super Sport Coupe
1969 Chevrolet Nova Super Sport 396
1969 Datsun 2000 Roadster
1967 Dodge Coronet WO23
1968 Dodge Dart HEMI Super Stock
1969 Dodge Charger Daytona HEMI
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
1969 Fiat Dino 2.4 Coupe
1952 Fiat 8V Supersonic
1932 Ford De Luxe Five-Window Coupe
1940 Ford De Luxe Coupe
1946 Ford Super Deluxe Station Wagon
1964 Ford Fairlane Thunderbolt
1965 Ford Mustang GT Coupe
1967 Ford Falcon XR GT
1969 Ford Mustang Boss 302
1951 Holden 50-2106 FX Ute
1967 Honda RA300
1959 Jaguar Mk II 3.8
1961 Jaguar E-type S1
1956 Jaguar D-Type
1954 Jaguar XK120 SE
1945 Jeep Willys MB
1968 Lancia Fulvia Coupé Rallye 1.6 HF
1939 Mercedes-Benz W154
1954 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupé
1955 Mercedes-Benz 300 SLR
1967 Mercedes-Benz 280 SL
1949 Mercury Coupe
1965 MINI Cooper S
1969 Nissan Fairlady Z 432
1966 Nissan Silvia
1969 Oldsmobile Hurst/Olds 442
1968 Opel GT
1958 Plymouth Fury
1965 Pontiac GTO
1969 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
1969 Pontiac GTO Judge
1965 Shelby Cobra 427 S/C
1965 Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe
1963 Volkswagen Beetle
1963 Volkswagen Type 2 De Luxe
1967 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia
1967 Volvo 123GT

Ether Frenzy posted:

For the record, at E3, PCARS 2 was 100% better with a controller than PCARS 1.

The problem was it was still 40% behind how Forza 2 was with a controller.

Is it at least better than Assetto Corsa on a controller? If it is, I may consider getting both since I'm actually not bad at AC with my pad. Better than R3E at least.

Dreamsicle fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jul 26, 2017

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Holy poo poo dude you've only been at it for just under 3 months and you 100%'d all those games? Do you mean you 100%'d the ForzaHub requirements for max score per game? Or did you actually get all the achievements for each game?

Actually, been at it a bit longer than that, I just didn't ramp it up to insanity levels until more recent months. For all games up to FM5, I did indeed go for 100%ing all of career and all achievements that were still possible or viable to obtain. Unnecessary :spergin: breakdown of my status for each game:

FM2 - 100% completed nearly a decade ago.
    FM3 - Left at 920/1000 with event list half-completed for several years, now fully complete and should have all 1000 hub points... if it ever updates again.
    FM4 - 100% complete with purchased Porsche expansion, all but 4 now-impossible achievements. (actually 3 but heh, Kinect) Should have 1700 hub points but it refuses to read how many cars I have. 300 remaining points lost to the abyss of time.
    Horizon 1 - 100% complete singleplayer with purchased Rally expansion. Got every achievement that didn't involve multiplayer or the unobtainable 1000 club. (multi is still up but I really did not care to grind that.) Final Hub score of 1500, the other 500 also lost to the abyss.
    FM5 - 100% as far as the achievement list is concerned (forget the bonus events), working on last affinity achievement. 11 more days of daily play til max hub score. (Yes, my dumb rear end bought the tokens.)
    Fast & Furious - 100% that poo poo in like 3-4 hours.
    Horizon 2 - Maxed hub score and left on back burner at about 1/3 entire base game, half of Storm Island complete. May come back to finish after FM5, will not go for full achievements.
    FM6 - Maxed hub score and left on back burner with 1/6 total volume completion, all showcases but the endurances, and entire Nascar expansion complete. Will also not go for full achievements but will make One For The History Books the end goal.
    FM6 Apex - Almost maxed Hub score minus 15 points cause I suck too much to get Perfectionist. Close enough, screw this game.
    Horizon 3 - Total 2000/2000 completion, maxed Hub score before I really started this whole catch-up crusade.

So yeah, there's still some things I'm not really keen on doing, but my main driving force was Hub score. Did everything I could in the 360 games cause I needed every last drop out of them to reach Tier 11, but played it a bit more loose in the later games and only completed things up to the point they still mattered.

e: Actually now that I think about it, aside from FM2, half of FM3, and Horizon 3, it has been about exactly 3 months since I started. I don't consider badges/titles part of the progression, though, I'm not that crazy.

Mediocrity Goggles fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jul 26, 2017

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Kind of yawning at that car list. More of the same

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Shouldn't be a surprise, it's not like they are going to go out and replace all the cars with new cars.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Top Hats Monthly posted:

where the Nissan Laurel at?

They need to let us race Honda Preludes vs Hyundai Tiburons and Mitsubishi Eclipses

Chevy Cobalt and Dodge Neon club tournaments lol

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Thief posted:

where the Nissan Laurel at?

They need to let us race Honda Preludes vs Hyundai Tiburons and Mitsubishi Eclipses

Chevy Cobalt and Dodge Neon club tournaments lol

I do miss the 3G Eclipse. I like having cars in the game that I once owned.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

GutBomb posted:

I do miss the 3G Eclipse. I like having cars in the game that I once owned.

I can be selfish and say I want a non-M3 E30 in the game but having some kind of E30 325i would also allow so many people to use one of the most popular grassroots cars in Forza.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Top Hats Monthly posted:

The exciting cars have always been in the DLC in my opinion.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Skipped hella pages but if you use a wheel with only a 4 shift what happens to the 5 and 6 gear? Is there a way to shift into it?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
You can still hit the 'B' button on the wheel or whatever your upshift button is.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
They're just getting the boring stuff out of the way early (I hope).

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

swims posted:

Skipped hella pages but if you use a wheel with only a 4 shift what happens to the 5 and 6 gear? Is there a way to shift into it?

If you use a shifter and shift into 5th on the physical shifter controller on a car that only has 4 forward gears it will act like you shifted in to 4th. If you use paddles or buttons it will just ignore the upshift if you are already in the top gear.

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
On that note, is there a decent wheel that includes a shifter and pedals? Preferably something that doesnt feel to cheap, but doesn’t cost a billion either.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Outside custom bundles, the only wheel that comes as standard with a 3-pedal set and shifter is the G27.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

njsykora posted:

Outside custom bundles, the only wheel that comes as standard with a 3-pedal set and shifter is the G27.

And they don't make it anymore so you're looking at buying used or new old stock.

You're looking at just under $500 for the Logitech g920/g29 and shifter or around $600 for a thrustmaster setup.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

L_Harrison posted:

They're just getting the boring stuff out of the way early (I hope).

I think they're going to be revealing less boring cars at/after Gamescom.

Personally as long as the car is new to the series, it's exicting.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

gypsyshred posted:

On that note, is there a decent wheel that includes a shifter and pedals? Preferably something that doesnt feel to cheap, but doesn’t cost a billion either.

Everything decent is pick and choose these days. Your best bet is probably a thrustmaster.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

https://youtu.be/HFiFQk04hAE

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaG5SAw1n0c

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Man that's gonna be landboaty as gently caress.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Sometimes it's fun just to jump in that convertible Royce and cruise around so this one might be cool.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I'm sad that because of my choice of platforms I cannot drive around in the fantasy luxury vehicle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Doorknob Slobber posted:

I'm sad that because of my choice of platforms I cannot drive around in the fantasy luxury vehicle

In their actual announcement release, they say all Horizon 3 players will get it, including those on PC. Very misleading trailer.

• Locked thread