Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Paul Ryan is telling them precisely which vertebrae he's going to stick the knife between but they're not even listening any more, Jesus Christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

I knew the us congress would somehow pass a bill that pleases absolutely nobody but the manner in which they're doing it looks like playschool UN or something. Astonishingly bad

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
ARE THEY REALLY THIS loving STUPID!!!?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
This is a loving embarrassment.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

Covok posted:

ARE THEY REALLY THIS loving STUPID!!!?

Of course they are. They're Republicans.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

There are bonobos more competent and intelligent than these senators.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Putin is trying to suck his own dick right now

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Pakled posted:

This is a loving embarrassment.

I don't even have words for it anymore. No one knows what they're doing despite holding those jobs for years and years, it's loving nuts.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

HE LITERALLY JUST TOLD HIM HE PLANS TO gently caress THEM OVER! WHAT THE loving HELL!? HE STRAIGHT UP SAID IT!

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
What needs to happen to completely remove all members of Congress and elect an entirely new set of both houses? Constitutional amendment with 75% of all states ratifying it? How do we start this process from the ground level... start contacting governors?

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

If a single one of these republican senators are employed in 2023 I will be loving amazed

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

This will all be worth it if it ends with Paul Ryan hoodwinking the Senate in the most obvious way imaginable

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Google Butt posted:

Putin is trying to suck his own dick right now

At least if he fails he can speed dial Bannon for tips.

Randbrick
Sep 28, 2002
I'm at a loss for words.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

BadOptics posted:

Caesar/Rocket 2020.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Not a Children posted:

If a single one of these republican senators are employed in 2023 I will be loving amazed

Prepare to be amazed.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
https://twitter.com/StevenTDennis/status/890748640259694592

Skinny repeal is a done deal folks

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

No way.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

BadOptics posted:

Koba 2020.

Kale
May 14, 2010

This bill isn't even what we promised in a repeal and will raise premiums and lower coverage. Pass it now it's all good, it's just health care. Can't wait to see U.S Congress handle budget now :stare:

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Maybe the idea they're holding in their heads is that the conference bill fails, skinny repeal fails, the House blames the Senate, and the Senate blames the House. Or they actually want to pass this, who knows.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Covok posted:

HE LITERALLY JUST TOLD HIM HE PLANS TO gently caress THEM OVER! WHAT THE loving HELL!? HE STRAIGHT UP SAID IT!

Covok
May 27, 2013

I KNEW IT WAS GOING TO PASS EVENTUALLY, BUT LIKE THIS? LIKE THIS? THIS IS SO DUMB! THIS IS SO loving DUMB! THIS IS THE DUMBEST poo poo EVER! HOLY loving poo poo!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

*Votes Yes*

My decision is that this bill stinks and I'm against it.

Covok posted:

So, she must have chosen "yes." Like, there is no reason to remain quiet otherwise.

In a very hypothetical theory from an alternate dimension where all GOP Senators aren't moronic cowards, she could have decided to vote NO but remain coy so that Turtle doesn't have time to stall and throw yet another load of poo poo at the wall to see if anything sticks.

It's a real shame that no one has ever read the 27th amendment. It was even originally proposed with the Bill of Rights and everything.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

https://twitter.com/danwlin/status/890749684448473092

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

so let me get this straight. the senate will pass the lovely skinny bill in hopes that it will be used a foundation for whatever abortion they come up with, but the house will probaly just take it, add a bunch of even worse poo poo, then pass it tonight tomarrow. is that right?

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Aurubin posted:

Maybe the idea they're holding in their heads is that the conference bill fails, skinny repeal fails, the House blames the Senate, and the Senate blames the House. Or they actually want to pass this, who knows.

It isn't going to help their 2018/2020 re-election campaigns when Dems can roll out "Every republican said this bill was a disaster, and yet they still passed it!" I would not be surprised if we saw a bigger wave than 2010.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Covok posted:

I KNEW IT WAS GOING TO PASS EVENTUALLY, BUT LIKE THIS? LIKE THIS? THIS IS SO DUMB! THIS IS SO loving DUMB! THIS IS THE DUMBEST poo poo EVER! HOLY loving poo poo!

Thats the part that kills me. The late night sketch will be incredible if gets to do this and The Mooch

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Kale posted:

I knew the us congress would somehow pass a bill that pleases absolutely nobody but the manner in which they're doing it looks like playschool UN or something. Astonishingly bad

My high school Model UN was way more informed, organized, and focused on actual solutions than the poo poo show that is the United States Congress.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
So what happens if they aren't lying, but instead change it in committee to be a full repeal? Is that possible?

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:
Haha maybe at this point we can stop listening to beltway wonk assholes insisting that the Republicans Are So Dumb They're Going To Implode Tomorrow I Promise

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/73/Slim-pickens_riding-the-bomb_enh-lores.jpg

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Republican Senators are openly defying Trump on Russian sanctions and firing Sessions. Hopefully Trump will throw a spite fit and veto any health care legislation they manage to pass.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

so let me get this straight. the senate will pass the lovely skinny bill in hopes that it will be used a foundation for whatever abortion they come up with, but the house will probaly just take it, add a bunch of even worse poo poo, then pass it tonight tomarrow. is that right?

My understanding is if they add stuff it has to go back to the Senate again and this whole party starts anew.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Not quite, likely scenario is House doesn't add any poo poo, and just approves it, since then it gets approved w/o a second vote in the Senate

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Spiritus Nox posted:

https://twitter.com/jamiedupree/status/890739171681325056

These pieces of poo poo are going to wait until the nation is literally asleep.

2017 republicans waiting quite literally until the nation is asleep, voting under cover of darkness is nothing new.

ThinkProgress posted:

Just before 1:30 a.m., the Senate voted 51–48 largely along party lines to pass a budget resolution that instructs several congressional committees to write legislation dismantling major provisions of health care reform.

This was when the democratic senators had their sit-in.

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jul 28, 2017

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

If they add anything it goes back to the Senate.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

TARDISman posted:

My understanding is if they add stuff it has to go back to the Senate again and this whole party starts anew.
Not quite, once it gets back to the Senate it's yes or no, that's it, no amendments or further can-kicking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flapjack Monty
Oct 28, 2013

Aves Maria! posted:

It isn't going to help their 2018/2020 re-election campaigns when Dems can roll out "Every republican said this bill was a disaster, and yet they still passed it!" I would not be surprised if we saw a bigger wave than 2010.

The only Republicans that'll lose their positions in U.S. Government in 2018 are the random people Trump cycles in and out of his administration as his diseased brain fizzles onwards towards the end of this country.

• Locked thread