Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Trump closed the doors on that immigration through military service program already.
It wasn't a typo.

Also, I can't figure out why the gently caress John McCain is at all concerned with decorum or party loyalty at this point. Like, the grave digger at Arlington is probably casually enquiring about his measurements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I read the URL and yet I clicked.

:stare:

We just finished up a bestiality case that came to light when young son found and viewed the videos mom made with Fido.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

joat mon posted:

We just finished up a bestiality case that came to light when young son found and viewed the videos mom made with Fido.

Reminds me of a safety brief I got at Bragg

AkrisD
Sep 2, 2004
olololol '04 newb hurrrrrrr
Going back to CRISPR chat and gene-wars, reminds me a lot of one of my favorite scifi books, 'Red Rising,' wherein the rich and powerful are literally genetically superior to the lower class. They turn themselves into basically gods.

I always thought it was such a cool idea. Which is also why I have no problem with trans in the military. Hopefully that opens up the idea that if some people can get hormonal replacements, others can get hormonal "enhancement" without turning to the black market. I mean, steroids are cool as gently caress if used properly. Why not use them to boost all of our military?

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

AkrisD posted:

Going back to CRISPR chat and gene-wars, reminds me a lot of one of my favorite scifi books, 'Red Rising,' wherein the rich and powerful are literally genetically superior to the lower class. They turn themselves into basically gods.

I always thought it was such a cool idea. Which is also why I have no problem with trans in the military. Hopefully that opens up the idea that if some people can get hormonal replacements, others can get hormonal "enhancement" without turning to the black market. I mean, steroids are cool as gently caress if used properly. Why not use them to boost all of our military?

That's the slippery slope of all this....'Hey need medical care? Ok serve in the military."

We already are sort of there I guess.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Peetown Manning posted:

That's the slippery slope of all this....'Hey need medical care? Ok serve in the military."

As long as you don't mind military doctors. Or VA doctors. I mean, after a dozen surgeries, they're bound to get it right, right?

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

AkrisD posted:

I have basically zero doubt that the global 1% will engineer themselves into a genetically superior over-class within the next 50 years. The incentives are just too good for it to stay illegal. I'm sure the first generation will have all kinds of hosed up Dolly the Sheep business going on, but they will get it right eventually. The spawn of Barron Trump will be smarter, faster and able to have any of your grandchildren that he wishes.

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jul 28, 2017

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Peetown Manning posted:

One of the original "criticisms" of Obamacare is that it actually reduced the amount of people working, specifically because there were then a lot of people working in their 60s just to get workplace insurance. With a stable Individual market, a lot more people quit working and bought insurance from the marketplaces for something they could afford and still retire/be unemployed.

I think the dumb skinny repeal is going to go through and the House is going to gently caress over the Senate and we get broken Obamacare, based on where we currently are: https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/890748603018465280

Vote at probably 2AM EST. It's now called the "Health Care Freedom Act".

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

So can we finally become trans raptors with genetic engineering?

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

facialimpediment posted:

It's now called the "Health Care Freedom Act".

Of course it loving is. Much like the religious freedom acts, it's only freedom for white upright Christians with a steady medium to high income to gently caress over everyone else.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Dead Reckoning posted:

I have basically zero doubt that the global 1% will engineer themselves into a genetically superior over-class within the next 50 years. The incentives are just too good for it to stay illegal. I'm sure the first generation will have all kinds of hosed up Dolly the Sheep business going on, but they will get it right eventually. The spawn of Barron Trump will be smarter, faster and able to have any of your grandchildren that he wishes.

I volunteer to crew the generation ship that ferries the momios to Journey's End

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Pesticide20 posted:

I volunteer to crew the generation ship that ferries the momios to Journey's End

Do NOT volunteer for the Mormon generation ship.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

If you join a generation ship you'll wind up in mass effect andromeda and no one wants that.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Gattaca was a good movie, but I hope I'm dead before I get to live through it.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Idiocracy is tomorrow.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Joe Pesci. Yea that Joe Pesci is going to be reading Mooch's interview on Lawerence O'Donnell.

So you may want to tune into MSNBC.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

M_Gargantua posted:

Idiocracy is tomorrow.

It's today man.

It's today

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Who's up first for monday night rehabilitation?

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Genocide Tendency posted:

Joe Pesci. Yea that Joe Pesci is going to be reading Mooch's interview on Lawerence O'Donnell.

No loving way

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Genocide Tendency posted:

At this point it feels like whoever programmed the Matrix is saying, 'Ya know what? gently caress it. We're rebooting from a backup anyway. Let's try some crazy poo poo just to see how wild we can get!'

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

bird food bathtub posted:

At this point it feels like whoever programmed the Matrix is saying, 'Ya know what? gently caress it. We're rebooting from a backup anyway. Let's try some crazy poo poo just to see how wild we can get!'

Looking forward to Joe Pantoliano revealing he really is Cypher

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Hey. Mooch here. Reince's mom is so fat when she sits around the house she sits AROUND the house. #MAGA

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I know some peoples lives are affected by trump and it may be in a bad way but I hope you all enjoy living through what could be the most amazing presidency that may never be repeated.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

So am I scaramucci and is EBB Reince in this scenario? Which I guess makes Zeris Trump.

Make GiP great again

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

CBO: 16M will lose insurance, premiums to jump 20%

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Looks like they're getting ready for a midnight vote, fingers crossed this fucker dies on the Senate floor.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Watching the live stream of the senate floor and the GOPs are essentially denying the democrats any time to talk or ask questions.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

M_Gargantua posted:

Watching the live stream of the senate floor and the GOPs are essentially denying the democrats any time to talk or ask questions.

Here's the livestream: https://www.c-span.org/video/?431873-1/us-senate-skinny-repeal-vote-looms-health-care-debate&live

I'm not sure who Mike Enzi is, but he sure likes talking about some random book about the evils of Obamacare.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I'm out of words. This is all really sickening.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

BigDave posted:

Here's the livestream: https://www.c-span.org/video/?431873-1/us-senate-skinny-repeal-vote-looms-health-care-debate&live

I'm not sure who Mike Enzi is, but he sure likes talking about some random book about the evils of Obamacare.

youtube mirror https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrsLzhAuaz0

gently caress the GOP, holy gently caress

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Two Finger posted:

So am I scaramucci and is EBB Reince in this scenario? Which I guess makes Zeris Trump.

Make GiP great again

So shim is Bannon? Hmm

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

shyduck posted:

I'm out of words. This is all really sickening.

How about 'laughing online' or 'wow' or 'holy christ'

We got a White House comms director saying an advisor at the WH 'sucks his own cock' and the Republicans are about to pass a bill they don't want to go into effect. Governing at its peak surrealism

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Today was a full day at work about how much Russia is clowning us.

Then I checked Twitter.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

milk milk lemonade posted:

the Republicans are about to pass a bill they don't want to go into effect.

No, they do want it to go into effect

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Proud Christian Mom posted:

No, they do want it to go into effect

Well, they want the tax cuts at least. I'd be hard pressed to believe the Republicans give a fat, flying gently caress about their voters and their health either way.

They just know it's going to take quite a few more rounds of the Fox Reality Distortion Field to make their constituents mad at the people they want them to be mad at instead of the people taking away their coverage. That's a lot more work than being able to scream about how terrible the Kenyan boogieman is so they'd rather not vote to make the law they're making into law because that's hard work, man.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

bird food bathtub posted:

Well, they want the tax cuts at least. I'd be hard pressed to believe the Republicans give a fat, flying gently caress about their voters and their health either way.

They just know it's going to take quite a few more rounds of the Fox Reality Distortion Field to make their constituents mad at the people they want them to be mad at instead of the people taking away their coverage. That's a lot more work than being able to scream about how terrible the Kenyan boogieman is so they'd rather not vote to make the law they're making into law because that's hard work, man.

Fun fact, this Skinny Repeal doesn't actually allow them to get those tax cuts they've been aiming for this whole time. They're gonna have to settle for a 10-year sunset.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Skinny repeal makes the insurance industry less profitable and doesn't cut anyone's taxes. It's like they got lost.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
2017 me says it passes but yeah it really doesn't tick any other boxes than 'gently caress da middle class' which seems like a waste of a reconcilliation bill.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/890786101555675137

I am prepared for crushing disappointment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Best Friends posted:

It's like they got lost.
Since the real objective is to destroy Obama's legacy by any means up to and including punching yourself in the face repeatedly, I'm going to say no. They're mostly on track.

Maybe McCain told him it was inoperable.

• Locked thread