Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
Predictably, it hasn't landed for macOS yet. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I think the only buff that Norway and Spain really needed was "The AI will now build and use navies."

France could use a little bit of a buff, but Catherine's Flying Squadron would have actually been useful with some actual screens that efficiently display all of the information she had gathered, instead of displaying it on an obnoxious grey bar at the start of the turn, and then forcing the player to open up every leader screen to hunt the information down.

JVNO posted:

The UI enhancements hardly address most of the issues with the vanilla interface, and unfortunately, the update broke the UI mods. Ironically, this makes Civ VI nearly unplayable for me until something like NQ EUI is updated. I cannot stand the unmodded game or its extremely obtrusive leader screens.

Nice new civ though. Too bad it's 5 bux.

My thoughts exactly. This UI is so bad. Every patch just makes you wait two weeks for modders to fix what Firaxis broke.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

What's the difference between NQ EUI and CQUI? Or, which one is the superior one?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

If it's not acceptable then why did you propose it?

Of course she offers the exact same deal when tell her to improve it.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

John F Bennett posted:

The Hanging Gardens now provides +2 Housing in city it is built
Oh hey, the gardens are actually good for you city now! I mean, I'm still going to pass right over it for the pyramids and the oracle, but still.

quote:

“Are you sure you want to denounce?” confirmation added
Thank gently caress.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Anyone played enough to tell if barbarian lag is fixed?

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Alkydere posted:

If it's not acceptable then why did you propose it?

Of course she offers the exact same deal when tell her to improve it.

I am not saying this is what happened in your case, but I think they say also something like that if they want to renew the deal, and are hoping to get a better deal than they had. So it leads to looking as though they're proposing the same deal they won't take, when they're actually saying "this was the deal we had, it's not good enough now."

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

What are those Spain buffs though lol

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

As predicted in the Bible. :cheers:

Obligatory "What's a Nubian?" :v:

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

SlothBear posted:

Anyone played enough to tell if barbarian lag is fixed?

Well this bug is fixed.

Seems like there's a new annoying bug though, the AI says it will accept a peace deal when it won't, which prevents you from accepting it even though the UI says the AI is good with it. Annoying but nowhere near as bad as the barbarian lag.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Yeah, deals are bugged now, on multiple levels.

Also, the agendas trigger too early. Gandhi was angry at me for not building enough nuclear weapons in 1200 BC.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

homullus posted:

I am not saying this is what happened in your case, but I think they say also something like that if they want to renew the deal, and are hoping to get a better deal than they had. So it leads to looking as though they're proposing the same deal they won't take, when they're actually saying "this was the deal we had, it's not good enough now."

Nope. Brand new loving deal, very first deal of the game.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Well, fired this up to try out the new patch. Got bored at about turn 120. Not really sure why I find it so dull to play, I usually eat up Civ games.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Gort posted:

Well, fired this up to try out the new patch. Got bored at about turn 120. Not really sure why I find it so dull to play, I usually eat up Civ games.

did you try jiggling the cord?

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I bought and returned the Nubia DLC. As much as I like having extra civs running around, this company needs to patch stuff for the sake of fixing their game instead of just throwing "fixes" in as an afterthought to help sell more stuff.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
Annnnd apologies across the board for us Mac-using goons in the multiplayer games. We'll be back in a week or two.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

I played Nubia and it was good. Seems to be a river start rather than a desert start? I haven't had a game yet where I started with my first city eligible to put their pyramids next to the city center.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Well, they lived next to the Nile just like the Egyptians...

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Aren't all civs biased towards a river start because of housing? Although some have a coastal bias instead.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

John F Bennett posted:

Yeah, deals are bugged now, on multiple levels.

Yeah I just brought every great work and relic in the world for 100g each.

But they won't give them up as part of a peace deal.

Looking forward to seeing this patched in December.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

SlothBear posted:

Yeah I just brought every great work and relic in the world for 100g each.

But they won't give them up as part of a peace deal.

Looking forward to seeing this patched in December.

Was hoping for a hot fix soon, oh well.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Gort posted:

Same, I've had more fun playing Beyond Earth when that came out then I did in the two games I've played so far of Civ 6.

Maybe I'm in the minority in the thread here but I actually really hate districts and I miss my unlimited use automated workers badly.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Lorini posted:

Was hoping for a hot fix soon, oh well.

They probably don't even know these issues exist yet since they don't care. I mean, just one developer playing just one game would have exposed the ubiquitous nuke talk in 2000 BC bug. They'll get around to breaking this again in a couple of months: when they want some more money and after the modders finally figured out how to fix what Firaxis broke yesterday.

I have a question for those who play XCOM. Does their development team act like the Civ team? I bought and like XCOM2, but I haven't played it enough to be able to scrutinize it as much as Civ VI. Does the XCOM team actually patch bugs, acknowledge issues, and play their own game?

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
They do communicate more clearly than the civ VI team but bugfixes and patches have been far and few in between. At least there's nothing glaringly wrong at the moment, so there's not much to fix or complain about. Everyone's waiting on the new expansion pack because of the features it'll bring.

Trogilus
Nov 3, 2012
Just played a few hours with the new patch.

Two crashes and bizarre diplomatic behavior, so nothing new. A few minor UI improvements that should have been in at release.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Just noticed in a PYDT game (not a Goon one) that I am receiving zero legacy bonuses from Classical Republic--no bonus great people points at all. In fact, it explicitly says "0%," and I will earn the next percent in something like 3 millions turns.

Anybody have broken classical republics?

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Games > Civilization VI: Heh, Nubia.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

On a scale of 0 to Beyond Earth, how bad is this game?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

PittTheElder posted:

it's ok. it needs a lot of work. the diplo requires a total overhaul. like most civ games, if you wait one expansion, it'll be pretty good. if you wait for the second expansion, it'll probably be pretty great.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

it's ok. it needs a lot of work. the diplo requires a total overhaul. like most civ games, if you wait one expansion, it'll be pretty good. if you wait for the second expansion, it'll probably be pretty great.

How hard is it for the Firaxis devs to realize that many players kinda want to roleplay, they want to make friends with some AI Civs, enemies with others, etc.?

It's getting...better I think but oh god the AI's random as gently caress joint wars are loving cancer.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

PittTheElder posted:

It's much worse.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I like it a lot, but I also play MP mostly because I find that more interesting. Difficult or not, singleplayer doesn't hold my interest in these sorts of games as much. I want to plan and scheme and negotiate and stuff.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

PittTheElder posted:

It's better than Beyond Earth because the BE team was cowardly in both ideas and execution.

Civ VI is cowardly in execution and gets a C+ in ideas.

It's enjoyable if you are a casual fan, but if you've played Civ for years or have played enough 4x games, you will see that they keep making the same mistakes all over again: Insane AI, lack of information, UI that takes 5 clicks when a mouse hover should work, mechanics that have a major impact on the game that are never explained. It's a lot more frustrating than BE because this team didn't learn anything from Civ V or the failure that is BE.

One day after a DLC and patch was released, I am playing Endless Legend. That's how good Civ VI is.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

The Human Crouton posted:

If you've played Civ for years or have played enough 4x games, you will see that they keep making the same mistakes all over again: Insane AI, lack of information, UI that takes 5 clicks when a mouse hover should work, mechanics that have a major impact on the game that are never explained. It's a lot more frustrating than BE because this team didn't learn anything from Civ V or the failure that is BE.

:lol: amazing

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

They made it so sea luxuries don't count toward a continent's 4 luxury cap. That's a good thing as getting stuck with whales and/or pearls could make your continent pretty barren. I'm finding the AI is more competent when going to war. They seem to have made it a priority to pillage on their path.

homullus posted:

I played Nubia and it was good. Seems to be a river start rather than a desert start? I haven't had a game yet where I started with my first city eligible to put their pyramids next to the city center.

Someone on Reddit dug into the start bias and it gives the heaviest bias to desert and desert hill tiles. No other Civ has a start bias that high toward a particular terrain. I did see some others complaining about not getting desert start but I think it's because there are so few desert tiles in your standard map so maybe you have to change the climate to arid/hot.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Weren't people who bought the Season Pass supposed to get a free DLC on top of the 4 because Firaxis accidentally ran afoul of some consumer laws somewhere?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

According to the My Government tab I have +23% great person points from the legacy bonus after being a classical republic. A shame that I actually had an oligarchy and never once went into republic. "pro"gramming be hard. :saddowns:

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

GrandpaPants posted:

Weren't people who bought the Season Pass supposed to get a free DLC on top of the 4 because Firaxis accidentally ran afoul of some consumer laws somewhere?

This DLC and the next one are included in the Digital Deluxe edition, yes.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

GrandpaPants posted:

As stated, we got the Nubian DLC for free and are getting the next one free as well.

Anyway, I have a question. Mvemba's leader ability lets Kongo get the Founder Belief benefits of religions in his cities where they're dominant, which can be nice. I'm curious how that works exactly, though, with some beliefs; while it's obvious for, say, Lay Ministry or Stewardship, how does it work for the civilization-wide benefits like Papal Primacy, or ones like Tithe or Church Property where they depend on global conversions and whatnot? Do you just get the full benefits of those beliefs as long as their religions are dominant in at least one city of yours, or are their effects more limited somehow? Pilgrimage and World Church, which rely on followers in other civilizations; would they still count your followers, or, for you, would it count the original person's followers when calculating your benefits?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I got called a disgrace and then immediately asked for a declaration of friendship by the same civ, after which every other civ I had met also asked for my friendship.. And then they all kept sending me trades that they themselves refused, asking me if I was trying to scam them.

I guess they haven't improved the AI, huh.