Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
kaine should play out obamacare with some harmonica blues

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

tim kaine talkin' bout jeeesus

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Chokes McGee posted:

I acknowledged that at the end.

This is the only coping mechanism I have left. Let me have it for the next three hours or so before it all burns down. That's all I ask.

there shall not remain

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

this stupid country

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

john mccain = jesus, got it

Murrah
Mar 22, 2015

Ok so do we live in the accelerationist timeline now really or loving what?

this just seems so absolutely insane and guaranteed to cause real consequences - higher premiums, lower care, uncertainty and havoc - if its going to get worse before it gets better to usher in acceptance of Single Payer is a few years of fallout of something like this it?

We talk about issues of "legacy" - how can any of this current stuff going on inspire any defenders going forward?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Nitrousoxide posted:

Can someone explain to me, like I'm a 5 year old, why this doesn't need 60 votes when it doesn't have a CBO score and it has provisions the parlimentarian has previously said don't pass muster for a 51 vote passage?

if you say the magic word "reconciliation" then apparently you can burn down all government forever lol

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Squizzle posted:

so this should prob worsen the opioid situation by crushing peoples insurance coverage and closing down a bunch of hospitals, leaving a poo poo ton of people either unable to afford or unable to physically access any palliative care fancier than a prescription for oxys

silver lining is that the entry for most opioid addictions seems to be prescribed pills so we'll see a drop in new addictions since people will have to writhe in agony on their floor instead of getting treated

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Murrah posted:

this just seems so absolutely insane and guaranteed to cause real consequences - higher premiums, lower care, uncertainty and havoc - if its going to get worse before it gets better to usher in acceptance of Single Payer is a few years of fallout of something like this it?

We talk about issues of "legacy" - how can any of this current stuff going on inspire any defenders going forward?

yeah dogg it owns whats up

jigokuman
Aug 28, 2002

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.
thank you lowtax for providing this bag to hyperventilate into

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/JStein_Vox/status/890769259370086400

hell yah

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Nitrousoxide posted:

Can someone explain to me, like I'm a 5 year old, why this doesn't need 60 votes when it doesn't have a CBO score and it has provisions the parlimentarian has previously said don't pass muster for a 51 vote passage?

TRUMP

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

obummer

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Squizzle posted:

so this should prob worsen the opioid situation by crushing peoples insurance coverage and closing down a bunch of hospitals, leaving a poo poo ton of people either unable to afford or unable to physically access any palliative care fancier than a prescription for oxys

They can't afford that poo poo without insurance.

Hope everyone invests HEAVILY in heroin tomorrow cause it's gonna be the new gold plated bitcoin of finance.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H8EjS51vkU

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Chokes McGee posted:

I have some small sliver of hope that McCain, in his last six months on Earth, looks at what's about to happen and realizes this is his moment in the sun, his moment to be the hero he's always wanted to be, and vote No without having to worry about the electorial consequences and go to his grave revered instead of ridiculed.

This hope is all I have and it doesn't even exist.

i hope he reaches out to vote and then collapses dead leaving us all to wonder what the maverick intended in his final moments

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Squizzle posted:

WAAAAAAY more people are gonna start picking up H instead

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
scaramuuci scaramucci scamracmhucuuci

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Murrah posted:

things won't get better after they get worse, that's not how things work

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z4u2494vHI

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Squizzle posted:

this is good...... for heroin

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

jarofpiss posted:

i hope he reaches out to vote and then collapses dead leaving us all to wonder what the maverick intended in his final moments

"must vote yes to bomb iran"

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/JHagner/status/890767003207819264

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Murrah posted:

we won't get single payer after this

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

jarofpiss posted:

his corpse landing on the yes and no buttons simultaneously as he suddenly falls over dead at a pivotal moment would, in fact, be the stupidest/most hilarious way this ends

so there's a non-zero chance

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Jeb! knew

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Murrah posted:

easy kiddo why not eat some gabbagool and aaaayyy *claps you around the neck, points right in your face*

ya alright kiddo eers a fivah don't tell ya mama

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility

jigokuman posted:

thank you lowtax for providing this bag to hyperventilate into

https://twitter.com/lowtax/status/890673839377600513

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I'm poor as poo poo and don't really have anything left to lose

Plunge me into economic chaos

Do it

Do iiiiiiit!!

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

do the republicans have to accept that?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Admiral Ray posted:

we won't get single payer after this

Civil War is where this all leads.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/sangerkatz/status/890768279610023937

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
having no healthcare is the same as single payer if you think about it

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

NecroMonster posted:

things won't get better after they get worse, that's not how things work

the real problem is, even if there's popular sentiment to make things "not poo poo", voting rights are going to be gutted making it impossible

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhWv5zpdsoo

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcEc8zeNYxI

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Chokes McGee posted:

his corpse landing on the yes and no buttons simultaneously as he suddenly falls over dead at a pivotal moment would, in fact, be the stupidest/most hilarious way this ends

so there's a non-zero chance

i got a bit riding on an inexplicable trump veto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

somebody tell me what I'm looking at here

I assume a CBO scoring that says "a-ok go out there and kill health care!!!"

• Locked thread