Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Chokes McGee posted:

so how does this even help? wasn't the entire purpose tax cuts? this doesn't give anyone tax cuts

it literally does nothing to help anyone even the rich

why are we passing this

they're tribalistic buffoons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Chokes McGee posted:

so how does this even help? wasn't the entire purpose tax cuts? this doesn't give anyone tax cuts

why are we passing this

It's their backup victory. So when the house inevitably shits itself because the freedom caucus is unhappy about their version of the bill not killing enough americans, they just pass this terd of legislation and tell the country bing bong obamacare dead great victory #winning

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
what in the goddamn hell is this moron jabberin about

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Dangerous Minority posted:

Aight so what the gently caress is everyone voting on tonight, all these bills are starting to run together and I can't tell how fat this repeal is

come on skinny repeal

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I mean holding a press conference to be like "this bill sucks" and then voting on something else is a pretty slick political move, one that they will absolutely, 100% get away with. So... I guess congratulations are in order? Humanity will get worse and more hopeless for millions of people. The status quo will not change. We don't deserve civil war.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Chokes McGee posted:

wanna see dat pm

tautologicus posted:

Hey before you go trying to be a vindictive child about getting me permaprobed, would you answer why you never responded to my message about the gospel of thomas? i even sent you a chapter of the book. like i don't really give a gently caress whether you live or die but i did think it was rude to have snubbed me there when it was so clearly up your alley interestwise. I sent you a free chapter I think. One of the best ones too

tautologicus posted:

NML was never permabanned, just so you know that i know that youre getting emotional about my posts and making stuff up about me. all while you avoid my messages. i think youre also upset that i upstaged you in the one interest area that you have, even if that wasn't my intention. good stuff

what youre thinking of is that i wasn't banned for a toxx challenge, but then someone banned NML2 for that.

hmmmmm why would someone not read an unsolicited unpublished work in their field hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

passionate dongs posted:

he's real mad about dems

Genuine Fake
Oct 2, 2004

Squizzle posted:

in lighter news nml/tautologicus sent me a crazy af pm

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

passionate dongs posted:

he's a fat old bitch who gets free health care and wants to take it away from everyone to spite a black man

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Trash Trick posted:

lets see some fuckin violence

yeah WHAT THE gently caress ARE WE WAITING FOR

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Dangerous Minority posted:

Aight so what the gently caress is everyone voting on tonight, all these bills are starting to run together and I can't tell how fat this repeal is

so this is a vote to pass a senate bill that says "we're just gonna kick the foundation out from under the entire insurance industry good luck suckers lmao"

the usual political logic is that it will go to conference where some shambing frankenstein's monster of poo poo pops out and it can be shot down by both sides as unsatisfactory

what's actually going to happen is Paul Ryan is going to turboboost this through the House and accept it as is, in fact he has not explicitly stated he won't do that

so basically, the republican senate is doing everything they can to pass a bill in the middle of the night they don't actually want to become law and are counting on the bloodthirsty lunatics in the House to stop it.

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Chokes McGee posted:

why are we passing this

because the alternative is admitting Obama was right

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Enzi saying everything that is wrong with American healthcare period, but blaming it on obamacare lol

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

jarofpiss posted:

im okay with civil war

better get it over with now tbh

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Squizzle posted:

tautologicus posted:

passionate dongs posted:

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

if you want something to take your mind off of all-night mass-murder votes:

coming up at the bottom of the hour on Nite Crew TV, the movie Ed Wood made when he got funding for a sleazy exploitation movie about pioneering trans woman Christine Jorgensen and instead decided he could educate everyone in 1953 about crossdressing

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
here are some drunk bros fighting ineffectually in front of a joyous crowd in the middle of philly, seems like a good metaphor the white house/senate/america rn:
https://twitter.com/SmittyBarstool/status/890358133419372548

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

You should definitely be uttering things in private right now that you cannot post here

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Squizzle posted:

hmmmmm why would someone not read an unsolicited unpublished work in their field hmmmmmmmmmmmm

the gnostic gauntlet has been tossed

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Are we dead yet?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Murrah
Mar 22, 2015

My congressional staffers who likely had great financial support did a thing with HSA's and figured in 3 years it sort of evened out - they were all healthy or they wouldnt have been anywhere near my office

- Soft Joe from Wyoming, about to help uninsure millions

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

keevo posted:

Are we dead yet?

check back in an hour or two

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

So, correct me if I'm wrong.

But basically the Senate passes this, it goes to the house. The house could just pass it as is, no changes at all. No reconciliation at all then, it goes right to the president. Who signs it tomorrow.

Saturday 10 million people cancel their health insurance because they face no penalty. Rates skyrocket, stock prices for insurance companies and all related medical and drug companies plummet. Monday morning, the Dow drops 1000 points.

This a possibility?

Upside Potential
Jun 14, 2006
If you think this guy is terrible, wait till next year.
What's the CBO score on baby boomer death camps?

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

keevo posted:

Are we dead yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUn3rZ2g5pA

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Nitrousoxide posted:

But basically the Senate passes this, it goes to the house. The house could just pass it as is, no changes at all. No reconciliation at all then, it goes right to the president. Who signs it tomorrow.

Saturday 10 million people cancel their health insurance because they face no penalty. Rates skyrocket, stock prices for insurance companies and all related medical and drug companies plummet. Monday morning, the Dow drops 1000 points.

This a possibility?

:yeah:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
40 minutes to destruction?

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

idk what's been posted anymore but here's (some of?) the 'repeal bill' https://www.budget.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/HealthCareFreedomAct.pdf

they're voting at midnight

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
i would pitch in for the legal bills of anyone who inflicted sufficient harm upon congressional and senate r's

absolutely bound to go nowhere? yes. a waste of money? absolutely

still the next best thing to a medal.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

i'm gloomy

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Nitrousoxide posted:

This a possibility?

good chances

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Apraxin posted:

here are some drunk bros fighting ineffectually in front of a joyous crowd in the middle of philly, seems like a good metaphor the white house/senate/america rn:
https://twitter.com/SmittyBarstool/status/890358133419372548

I like it when salmon shorts gets choked outta nowhere

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
mike enzi is a huge dick

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

http://i.imgur.com/Ko9IK98.gifv

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Why are they letting Democrats speak? SIT THE gently caress DOWN YOU HAVE NO TIME TO SPEAK

Let them vote on this already gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Agronox posted:

i'm gloomy

im mormonpartyboat

• Locked thread