Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

The Snoo posted:

I might try this if I don't die in my sleep, thanks :) is bacon good in a cast iron, too?

yeah but do it in the oven like Ed Balls would want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Higgy
Jul 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Nonsense posted:

holy loving poo poo they sound like loving republicans they're mocking lmao

post some pieces I ain't going over there

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Nonsense posted:

holy loving poo poo they sound like loving republicans they're mocking lmao

ya gotta post examples yo

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Sorry everyone.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

The Snoo posted:

I might try this if I don't die in my sleep, thanks :) is bacon good in a cast iron, too?

Everything is good cooked in cast iron, eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, steak, ... opossum, squirrel... ???? Etc

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Turdfuzz posted:

it has been a great displeasure posting w/ all of u

u didnt used 2 hate everybody turdfuzz

what happened

Genuine Fake
Oct 2, 2004

Ruzihm posted:

or fistfights? fistfights would be good

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

cuz i aint goin in there

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
got my one last nice in before we all die under trumpcare, been good shitposting with you all.

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
does someone have a stream link? cspan wants a tv subscription to watch our lovely democracy? gently caress OFF

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Nonsense posted:

lol of course d&d is pretending this can all be fixed in 2020 and Obamacare can return!!!

i wonder what d&d stands for lol probably dumber and dumberer

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
I hope this bill ends up killing more Jill Stein voters than anything else.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Dolash posted:

So let me get this straight.

The Senate passes a "Skinny Repeal" that's terrible but also technically bare-minimum acceptable (in that it is some sort of healthcare bill) but are claiming that it's just so they can move to a conference with the House, where the real bill will be written.

The House is not actually under any obligation to hold a conference if they decide to just sign off on Skinny Repeal immediately. It's unclear if Ryan could get his caucus to do it, but if they did, it would at least get the healthcare hand-grenade out of their chamber.

When that grenade blows up (and everyone agrees it will blow up, even the Republicans), the Senate will be able to blame the House for not holding a conference, while the House can blame the Senate because they sent AHCA to them in the first place for improvements and passing Skinny Repeal in any way was a tacit endorsement by them. Everyone has an excuse they can cling to and can fall back on "Well it's actually still Obama's fault for all the damage ACA did to healthcare in the first place" when needed, healthcare is at last off the agenda, Trump gets his precious win and now maybe they can do tax reformcuts like they always wanted.

Is that right?

I'll add that in theory if the House won't pass Skinny Repeal and they need to go to conference, it's not actually an advantage to have the option of passing it as a trump card against the Senate, since the whole goal this process has converged on is giving everyone an out where they can blame the outcome on someone else. If the House actually renegotiates the bill in conference then the Senate can quite easily shift blame on to them, even shoot down what comes out of the conference and blame the general failure on the House. This might be too much nuanced cowardice for the Freedom Caucus to grasp so it's possible they might once again save America for all the wrong reasons, but still.

they aint gonna blame the other branch of government. that's not how this works.

they will say that obamacare was in a death spiral.

they got rid of the individual mandate because that's what 95% of voters think obamacare is, just the individual mandate

when everything falls apart they willl say "we got rid of obamacare but it was just to late, sorry folks" and then ride to victory in 2020

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

anime was right posted:

yeah basically

my family lost like hundreds of thousands of dollars trying to save my life because i got pneumonia and my moms insurance refused to cover it; truly i am entitled.

like, as you can clearly see, i have an obvious motivation as to why i think single payer is the best system because this can happen to literally anyone at any moment and its uh

its not fun

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Dolash posted:

So let me get this straight.

The Senate passes a "Skinny Repeal" that's terrible but also technically bare-minimum acceptable (in that it is some sort of healthcare bill) but are claiming that it's just so they can move to a conference with the House, where the real bill will be written.

The House is not actually under any obligation to hold a conference if they decide to just sign off on Skinny Repeal immediately. It's unclear if Ryan could get his caucus to do it, but if they did, it would at least get the healthcare hand-grenade out of their chamber.

When that grenade blows up (and everyone agrees it will blow up, even the Republicans), the Senate will be able to blame the House for not holding a conference, while the House can blame the Senate because they sent AHCA to them in the first place for improvements and passing Skinny Repeal in any way was a tacit endorsement by them. Everyone has an excuse they can cling to and can fall back on "Well it's actually still Obama's fault for all the damage ACA did to healthcare in the first place" when needed, healthcare is at last off the agenda, Trump gets his precious win and now maybe they can do tax reformcuts like they always wanted.

Is that right?

I'll add that in theory if the House won't pass Skinny Repeal and they need to go to conference, it's not actually an advantage to have the option of passing it as a trump card against the Senate, since the whole goal this process has converged on is giving everyone an out where they can blame the outcome on someone else. If the House actually renegotiates the bill in conference then the Senate can quite easily shift blame on to them, even shoot down what comes out of the conference and blame the general failure on the House. This might be too much nuanced cowardice for the Freedom Caucus to grasp so it's possible they might once again save America for all the wrong reasons, but still.

Yes, except at the last second the "skinny" repeal got bloated with a shitload of other things like super hosed languagae about Essential health benefits and block grants, basically turning into a fat repeal of everything except the medicaid expansion (except the block grant wording allows states to completely gently caress with the medicaid expansion and the feds will be legally unable to act even if the states break the agreements)

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Won't do that again

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)
Im so tired of winning

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Al! posted:

u didnt used 2 hate everybody turdfuzz

what happened

welcome to the new reality

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

it'll be cool if mccain getting the brain cancer gives him a single second of insight and reflection and he votes no.

but he won't do that because he is john mccain. instead he'll vote yes and then say how bad it is but he had to vote yes.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

welcome to the nightmare

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
#4 I hope the guy driving the yellow and red TRUMP truck I saw picking his wife up from the hospital is masturbating to CSPAN2 right now.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Ah, the classic "gently caress you, didn't get mine" - said to somebody who's family went bankrupt from healthcare costs

"What year" - said to somebody who's family went bankrupt from healthcare costs

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Especially when all I got ideas on is this poo poo healthcare bill

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Oh one more thing, and the wrinkle that gives away that everyone knows on some level this is the plan is that the Senate didn't attach a poison pill of some sort to the Skinny Repeal bill to prevent the House from just passing it, forcing a conference, because they actually want them to pass it rather than call a conference and then pretend like they're surprised or betrayed when that happens.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

succ posted:

does someone have a stream link? cspan wants a tv subscription to watch our lovely democracy? gently caress OFF

https://www.c-span.org/video/?431873-1/us-senate-skinny-repeal-vote-looms-health-care-debate&live

Enzi breaking out the infant weight data tables.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
I'm not a Harvard law lawyer like the mooch but I am pretty sure that the Senator from Wyoming has just been giving a book report for the past hour and a half...

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

i made my 1st post in the trump thread 1yr ago today n this is my anniversary gift
thanks a lot republicans!!

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

HEY NONG MAN posted:

yeah but do it in the oven.

:hai:

this gives me an opportunity to season the pan better on the outside as well

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Yo why the gently caress is this guy filibustering a bill he's going to vote for?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
That's passing in a minute

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

succ posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrsLzhAuaz0

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
oh my god this loving whitebread waste of life

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
#5 I doubt Enzi would enjoy the baby mashing scene in The Witch. Or maybe he would :shrug:

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

GobiasIndustries posted:

I think I made a mistake postin

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
this seems like a good use to finish off the vodka I have laying around

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Turdfuzz posted:

welcome to the nightmare

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlQcKBUcgmA :votegop:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol enzi offered to let one of his aides speak for a time with a little grin, bitch

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Vote time is happenin ina minute or two right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

succ posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrsLzhAuaz0

• Locked thread