Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

AradoBalanga posted:

Also, where is the Nohrian Summer trailer? They'd said it'd play right after the Feh Channel ended.

The intern they got to voice Feh has to run from the recording studio back to their desk to hit the upload button

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Also underrated news but it's literally never been easier to max out on tempest trials with continuous auto-battle and boosted stats on the bonus units.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

cheetah7071 posted:

Man they're really going all out on making this game generous

I'm slightly concerned they're going to burn out actually. You already have Xander killing the viability of any new swords, and the game isn't even a year old.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Huh, another summer banner. Maybe I'll have better luck this time. I like how they're keeping on reducing the tempest grind.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Tae posted:

Also underrated news but it's literally never been easier to max out on tempest trials with continuous auto-battle and boosted stats on the bonus units.

And triple points on your first two per day

Just do the highest difficulty you can twice per day, and auto-battle the rest

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I can't wait for my dream teamcomp of Xander, Bunny Xander, Summer Xander, -

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Tae posted:

I'm saddened that the bonus units are Delthea/Gray/Sonya. My only SoV character is Saber who'd be a 20% if at all.

I guess I should go level Anna just in case he isn't even a unit.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ApplesandOranges posted:

I'm slightly concerned they're going to burn out actually. You already have Xander killing the viability of any new swords, and the game isn't even a year old.

Don't worry they'll just powercreep so hard Xander will suck but then give away so many free orbs you get the people who are better than him and it all works out

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ApplesandOranges posted:

I'm saddened that the bonus units are Delthea/Gray/Sonya. My only SoV character is Saber who'd be a 20% if at all.

I guess I should probably level Gray, at +4 he's probably actually good

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Man and I thought we got enough free poo poo

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
it's okay because you'll eventually learn to use your favourites

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

ApplesandOranges posted:

When has Fire emblem ever been about using the best characters outside of sereneforest

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Tae posted:

When has Fire emblem ever been about using the best characters outside of sereneforest

My favorites are often influenced by who is good

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Wait is Summer Corrin another flying mage?

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
So arena assault will require 28 viable units to complete? Sheesh....

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Looked like it. Blue?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I feel bad for anyone getting 5 3* stars after the rate changes.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I hope the hero fest banner has hector on it again. I don't care what else is on there so long as Hector is one of them. I made peace with my bad IV Hector months ago and now I just kind of want more distant counters

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Summer video up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgMuaN1f-bo

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Red

Bound Hero Battle with Cecilia and Lilina on August 7th

Grand Hero Battle: Valter, Lance Flier

-Cursed Lance (uninheritable): 16 Mt - Grants Attack/Speed +2 and accelerates Special charge by -1, takes 4 damage after combat. Coming Late August.

-Panic Ploy

Green

Tempest Trials

Echoes: Shadows of Valentia: Celica

Starting August 11th

-Banner: Celica, Gray, Delthea, Sonya

-Continuous Auto in Settings for every map.

-Multi-team Management for TT.

-New Easy Difficulty battles for new players.

New Scoring System

-x2 Points for first Two Runs each day

-Bonus Hero Allies get +10 HP and +4 to other stats, as well as x2 Experience and SP

-Attack Ploy 1 and Clive as rewards

Blue: Version 1.6 Update

New Arena Mode

-Continuous Clears called Arena Assault; aimed for experienced players

-Coming August 8th

-New team and heroes each stage (like Assault Squad)

-Has special items: Heal allies, damage enemies, etc.

-Take up to 3 items each run

-No stamina or Dueling swords needed!

-Similar ranking system

-Sacred Coins Rewards based on Arena Assault ranking: Currently unknown use

Catalog of Heroes

-Keeps track of all your heroes acquired before

-See animations outside of battle

-Hero Merit increased to 3000

More EXP and SP in Arena

Training tower Changes

-150 Heroes but more than 200 types of owls!

Colorless: Nohrian Summer!

-Female Corrin: Flier Blue Mage

-Leo: Red Infantry Mage

-Xander: Axe?

-Elise: Green Infantry Mage

Battle at the Beach Voting Gauntlet

-Begins August 1st

Gold: Six Month Anniversary Celebration

-Log-in Bonus: Visit Home Screen and get 2 Orbs; if you log in 10 times in a row,, you get more orbs (20 Orbs for 10 days), offered Aug 7 - Aug 22 and then Aug 22 - Sept 11 (total 40 Orbs!)

New Content

-Daily Training Tower Quests

-Extra Sacred Seal Quests

-Turn limit maps!

-Daily special maps

Starter Support Event: Hero Fest!

-5% Rates!

-Coming August 10th!

-Log-in Bonus: 20 Orbs!

Summon

Appearance Rate changes for 3 and 4 stars!

August 7th Starting:

-4 Stars at 58%

-3 Stars at 36%

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

My favorites are often influenced by who is good

Me too, but the most satisfying units for me are always the ones that end up being good against the odds. My Setsuna in Fates Birthright ended up being one of my best units because she was extremely Str blessed, so much so that she hit harder than Takumi.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Trebek posted:

So arena assault will require 28 viable units to complete? Sheesh....

I have 24 level 40 5*s and 4* healers, I could probably bring that up to 28 if I trained my weaker 5*s

My score would kinda suck though but I suspect that merely getting a 7-chain of any variety will be pretty decent

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
What the hell is Infantry Pulse

Why are you gonna make me deal with Hectors with pre-charges Bonfires

j/k I use YTiki but sheesh

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
uhhh what the hell is going on with infantry pulse

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

gently caress, SCorrin even has fortify fliers which I'm still missing

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
Infantry Pulse yo wtf

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
What is up with elise's voice? Is her original VA also part of the strike?

It's hard to say without their stats, but none of them are looking amazing straight out of the box to me so far

e: oh right infantry pulse

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...
Whatever sacred coins are for I'll never have. Also, drat that swimsuit banner for having another flying tome user, rarities like that suck me in to drawing. Presumably they'll have the remainder of the "Deft" weapons and valor skills.

BlazeEmblem posted:

Streams over, what was your favorite announcement? Mine was the free summon.

Tempest trial changes are big for me. Bonus units get bonus stats and bonus points for the first 2 runs will probably get me to the first seal or possibly the 5* hero next time.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I already have a +spd BCamilla (still missing the hone fliers buff or I'd have made flier emblem by now) so I think I'm good on not pulling on this one

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

THE loving MOON posted:

I hope the hero fest banner has hector on it again. I don't care what else is on there so long as Hector is one of them. I made peace with my bad IV Hector months ago and now I just kind of want more distant counters

My guess is they'd change it up, but I honestly can't think of who'd be in the green spot other than Hector. Minerva?

Flying blue mage yes. Will have to see how her statline looks but get your Hectors ready I guess.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

Assuming I don't get tempted by swimsuits or the mystery 5% banner, I've been meaning to pull on a red mage banner for a while. I like Lilina more than Celica, is Celica wildly more powerful than her or just a little more powerful?
Side by side comparison of their max stats (neutral IVs, mind):

Celica: 39/32/33/22/22
Lilina: 35/37/25/19/31

Lilina wins out in base neutral attack power and resistance, but loses everywhere else to Celica plus the latter has a unique tome. Factor in IV changes and Lilina is only a little more powerful than Celica (a +ATK Lilina clocks in at 40 attack power) and much better against mages, but she's also a lot slower and more brittle on defense/HP compared to Celica.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
god, I know I'm gonna get a lovely Elise when I'm gonna go for the summer Xander

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Actually thinking about it Infantry Pulse is probably an Infantry-only skill. The HP-restriction basically means mages can't abuse it too. So I guess the best use is like...Ike? Ryoma?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

I already have a +spd BCamilla (still missing the hone fliers buff or I'd have made flier emblem by now) so I think I'm good on not pulling on this one

You know what's better than having a single mage in flier emblem? It's having two flier mages.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

god, I know I'm gonna get a lovely Elise when I'm gonna go for the summer Xander
Search your feelings. It'll be like 500 more Bartres instead.

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013
So did I see that right in the next tempest trial bonus characters not including one of the three original characters and it's all summons or useless horse prince?
Cause I really don't want to have to start pulling for Sonya just after I finished building a Julia.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

What is up with elise's voice? Is her original VA also part of the strike

No, that's her original VA using her alias.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Ahhhhh what the gently caress. Infantry pulse is gamebreaking, wow.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

AradoBalanga posted:

They will be 4 star Batres at least, which is the important part

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

AradoBalanga posted:

Side by side comparison of their max stats (neutral IVs, mind):

Celica: 39/32/33/22/22
Lilina: 35/37/25/19/31

Lilina wins out in base neutral attack power and resistance, but loses everywhere else to Celica plus the latter has a unique tome. Factor in IV changes and Lilina is only a little more powerful than Celica (a +ATK Lilina clocks in at 40 attack power) and much better against mages, but she's also a lot slower and more brittle on defense/HP compared to Celica.

Actually looking at that I don't see what niche Celica is supposed to have, but Lilina screams "red Julia"

Not that red Julia is super in demand at the moment but I think I'll just pull for the one I like more then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

AradoBalanga posted:

a-at least bartres won't reset the 5* rate up!!