Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Josh Lyman posted:

Why can't the Dems just filibuster?

Becuase the way the republicans are passing the bill (reconcilliation), the deomcrats are literally unable to filibuster it

And before you ask, yes, the dems used reconcilliation to pass portions of the ACA, it has severe limitations in what you can do using it so it isn't just a magical "avoid filibusters forever using this one weird trick"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Calaveron posted:

Hey remember this morning how the new comms director went on a curse filled rant about people he works with and leakers and whatnot not knowing the difference between on the record and off the record indicating that if he knew he was on the record he would have to be monumentally dumb to say half of the things he said and if he was off the record he was one of the leakers he so much hates

No? Abject terror at the myriad of awful things that are happening today alone keeping you distracted? Yeah I get it

It's mildly funny in a vacuum, but just part of the clown show that, whether intentional or not, distracts from the very real disaster unfolding. It's the same problem as always with Trump, you can't get too worked up about the bluster, the insults, the hypocrisy, or the stupidity, because there's palpable evil being enacted constantly, all the antics are just a show.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
McCain don't do this to my heart

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Al Borland Corp. posted:

So if Collins and Murkowski walked out, no quorum?

yeah.

Thats not a permanent solution though, at some point the Marshals can be sent out to drag them back and thats embarassing.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

if john cornyn were pinnoccio right now his nose would be poking me in the rear end, and I'm in Iowa

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/byrdinator/status/890788206702088198

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/StevenTDennis/status/890788307029774337

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I hope there are back channel deals being made with Collins and Murkowski to become Democrats.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Holy poo poo if McCain kills this I will take back about a third of the bad things I planned to say about him in the future.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

So what are we even waiting on at this point? Do none of these fucks want to get this over with and go to bed?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

:laffo:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

anime was right posted:

d&d is a trash forum for idiots who think decorum is more important than human lives, peace.

McCain is even a bigger piece of poo poo for giving me a 1% glimmer of hope right now

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

wouldn't it be nice if cornyn had a heart attack

e: it's a very nice fantasy

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

DreamShipWrecked posted:

That's the trouble with the Republican plans. They work.

Except in Louisiana, and Kansas, and Ohio, and

i am harry fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jul 28, 2017

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

He's gonna vote yes. In fact,

:toxx:

If John McCain votes no on this I will buy the first person to quote this an av cert

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Spiritus Nox posted:

So what are we even waiting on at this point? Do none of these fucks want to get this over with and go to bed?

I'm just waiting for the DnD thread to tell me if anything matters or not.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
they voting soon? i want to see if mccain saves us or fucks us.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

McCain dies in his seat instead of voting

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

If McCain votes no, that will be the most surprising thing I've seen politically this year, simply because the election happened in 2016, and this is now 2017.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

dwarf74 posted:

Holy poo poo if McCain kills this I will take back about a third of the bad things I planned to say about him in the future.

I will personally drive to Chase Field and buy that crusty fucker a drink as we watch the Diamondbacks blow some important game or another if this happens.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

John McCain is either going to be the most disappointing man on earth, or the 51st least disappointing person on the floor of the Senate

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Blitz7x posted:

McCain don't do this to my heart

I can't believe I am rooting for John McCain to make the right decision.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

john mccain reaches towards his skill and rips it open, revealing the alien creature that has burrowed itself into his being. 'DEATH TO HUMANITY' he bellows as his violent head growth begins spitting acid

his approval rating increases by 6%

Sneakster
Jul 13, 2017

by R. Guyovich

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Wait, so how did they get Heller to vote yes on this?

This leathery pile of poo poo:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I refuse to believe in McCain, it's more likely god damned elves are going to open fire on the Senate and disrupt everything.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

McCain if you're seriously going to vote no, which you obviously won't, don't tease us with this loving show bullshit

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

mcmagic posted:

I hope there are back channel deals being made with Collins and Murkowski to become Democrats.

Constantly shits on Lieberman and Manchin, but wants to recruit people significantly further to the right of either of them

(I'm not opposed to them flipping if they want, but I still can't loving figure you out)

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Please mccain please

I have hope again why do I do that

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

axeil posted:

If John McCain votes no on this I will buy the first person to quote this an av cert

he wont tho

CodeJanitor
Mar 30, 2005
I still can't think of anything to say.

dwarf74 posted:

I will only hope he dies fast and painlessly than slow and horribly after spending 5 years a brain dead drooling invalid in a bed with a surgically attached drool cup

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Hope is a lie. They are milking the drama because they are all Trump now. If McCain votes no it's only because Murkowski is caving to interior threats and voting yes.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

axeil posted:

gently caress, beaten.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Dapper_Swindler posted:

they voting soon? i want to see if mccain saves us or fucks us.

literally within minutes. We have been reduced to hoping McCain does the right thing, which has not proven to be a good idea.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

axeil posted:

I'll take that bet. Miracles happen!

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

This all comes down to which part of McCain's brain the tumor gives the squeeze to at vote time.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Don't worry, McCain is just waiting for his chance to twist the knife.

Kale
May 14, 2010

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I refuse to believe in McCain, it's more likely god damned elves are going to open fire on the Senate and disrupt everything.

Jeff Sessions has enough on his plate already right now

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

You bastard if you kill this... :stonklol:

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

:siren: voting now :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

dwarf74 posted:

Same, please McCain please save us from this horrible situation you helped put us in.

• Locked thread