Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

If those really are the characters for Hero Fest, then I'd rather spend my orbs trying to get FCorrin for my flier team. Already have a +SPD Ike and Julia and I don't really care about Ninian or Genny.

... or rather, I don't care enough about Genny to go into colorless hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013
If the Hero Fest banner is actually Ike/Ninian/Julia/Genny I'm going to ignore every other banner for the rest of time to pull on it, because those are all units I've wanted for ages. This must be what people felt like when the first HF banner got released.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

what is up with those gladiator sandals

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Free pull per banner is the best news. Sounds like it might be permanent too so looking forward to sick 5* free pulls every now and then.

I've already got Ryoma, Azura, and Julia so I'm sorta glad I can skip out on hero fest and continue saving for CYL which will probably be a day or two afterwards.

Also seems like they've found a solution to the small map sizes in going forward with multiple-team, multiple map matches. I've got four solid teams already and it's nice to use that extra depth.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

acumen posted:

Free pull per banner is the best news. Sounds like it might be permanent too so looking forward to sick 5* free pulls every now and then.

free pull per banner is the gnarliest thing, it's literally the first hit is free

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

LightningSquid posted:

If the Hero Fest banner is actually Ike/Ninian/Julia/Genny I'm going to ignore every other banner for the rest of time to pull on it, because those are all units I've wanted for ages. This must be what people felt like when the first HF banner got released.

I'm trying to figure out the draw other than playing favourites.

Ike's a cool sword lord, but there are just so many now and nearly everyone has Xander. Good for Squad Assault I guess.

Ninian's a good dancer, but if you have at least one Olivia you don't necessarily need her. Good for Squad Assault I guess.

Julia's solid and doesn't really have much competition for her niche other than maybe Sonya.

Genny's a strong offensive character or fodder for Elise, but falls behind most dedicated attackers with proper buffing.

So not a terrible banner, but unless you really wanted Julia or Genny nothing's a must-draw. I'm surprised they actually had a healer in the colourless slot, but there have been no other 5* exclusive archers since Takumi other than the seasonal units I believe (and Leon, but he's probably getting dropped to 4*). They could have used Jeorge, but apparently he's not popular enough. And no daggers.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Andrast posted:

I have a +2 Ninian because the game can't giving her to me and I don't use her as is.

Much worse than Azura. Way less lame though.

build dragon emblem, it's pretty fun even though none of your units do any damage

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Elyv posted:

build dragon emblem, it's pretty fun even though none of your units do any damage

I have no other non-fcorrin dragon units. I did get a 4* adult tiki with -ATK once but she got mulched for bonfire.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Jul 28, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Got a second -ATK Hinoka, thanks game. At least she's hone fliers fodder.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It makes me very happy that Anna getting loving owned is now a regular part of the paralogues

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I wasn't gonna pull on this banner but then I did

100 orbs later I got...Olwen
my third Olwen

I also finally got an ATiki

How do I meme build her in a way that makes her distinct from my YTiki

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I really want Summer Xander but last time i really wanted something the game decided to give me off-focus units all the way.

E: Elise in the first ~20. Actually the coming increased 4* rate will apply to this banner as well right? I'll hold off pulling any more until then

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

80 orbs spent and finally got two Summer corrins in the same pull. +ATK/-RES and neutral so I'm happy. +speed would have been better but I'm mot exactly in a position to complain.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I scrounged up some orbs by doing the higher difficulties on the paralogue and I got...a normal Leo

I'm loving dying over here

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm gonna accept the game's "gently caress you" and get to work on my beautiful new ATiki, who I will pour an unhealthy amount of resources into

I swear to god I will make this bad dragon mediocre if it takes every feather I have

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Oh cool, I pulled an Olwen! Also cool: she's my first +Atk 5* that I didn't need to promote! Once at max level she's one damage better than my -Atk Rein!

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Eeeeyy, I got me a FCorrin after only 50 orbs! She's taking Minerva's place on my flier team without a doubt, even if her stats are wonky (so is Minerva's).

I'm tempted to keep on rolling for G Tome Valor Elise. Ninian would be the only unit I'd want from the next 5% banner, though a Julia would be nice too.

Edit: another 5* Merric with a reset pity rate, thank gently caress

Roger Explosion fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Jul 28, 2017

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

cheetah7071 posted:

I scrounged up some orbs by doing the higher difficulties on the paralogue and I got...a normal Leo

I'm loving dying over here

Weird coincidence: I decided to do one pull for the sake of it and I got a regular Leo as well. Since there were three colorless orbs I went again but I didn't get anything except some reasonable inheritance fodder, but hell, I can deal.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Incidentally, only Mathilda and Leon dropped to 4*,

My dreams of a Saber+10, shattered.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Although no one's really in it for the story, it's good to see Fates Anna screw over Heroes Anna this time. I hope it becomes a running gag.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
if anna had half a brain she'd try and find the echoes swimsuit world

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Got a +ATK/-SPD and a +RES/-DEF FCorrin. If the Lv 40 stats someone on Reddit posted are correct, she hits 34 SPD with neutral IVs, so I'm probably going to use the second one. Also got a +SPD/-DEF Karel, but I have a feeling he's going to be Wo Dao+ fodder even with those IVs.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Retcon posted:

Got a +ATK/-SPD and a +RES/-DEF FCorrin. If the Lv 40 stats someone on Reddit posted are correct, she hits 34 SPD with neutral IVs, so I'm probably going to use the second one. Also got a +SPD/-DEF Karel, but I have a feeling he's going to be Wo Dao+ fodder even with those IVs.

I can confirm that she has 34 speed with neutral stats.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Andrast posted:

I can confirm that she has 34 speed with neutral stats.
Cool, thanks. Definitely using the one with neutral speed then, with Fury and a Hone Flier buff she hits 43 speed.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Which means my FCorrin is -SPD because of course she loving well is.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Please offer suggestions on how to improve the meminess of this ATiki build. The emotions I'm trying to evoke in my arena opponents with it are confusion, mild disgust, and, at least once, despair that they're losing to such a lovely unit

IVs: +hp/-def (unfortunately non-negotiable)
Lightning breath+
Flex
Whichever 3-charge does the most damage
Earth boost
Vantage
Threaten res
Quickened pulse

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Retcon posted:

Cool, thanks. Definitely using the one with neutral speed then, with Fury and a Hone Flier buff she hits 43 speed.

I'm still on the fence whether I want to use fury or darting blow on mine. 46 speed seems pretty good in tempest and places with inflated stats. On the other hand, mine is also +ATK, which could get into OHKO range with flier buffs.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
This is going to be one of the banners that is especially cruel to me, I can already tell. Luckily I already have three of the units on the herofest banner so I can safely ignore that and focus on trying to pull Corrin.

Starsnostars fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Jul 28, 2017

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

cheetah7071 posted:

Please offer suggestions on how to improve the meminess of this ATiki build. The emotions I'm trying to evoke in my arena opponents with it are confusion, mild disgust, and, at least once, despair that they're losing to such a lovely unit

IVs: +hp/-def (unfortunately non-negotiable)
Lightning breath+
Flex
Whichever 3-charge does the most damage
Earth boost
Vantage
Threaten res
Quickened pulse

Vantage doesn't really pair well with Earth Boost, so give her something like Close Def if you have her spare watermelon form around. Or give her Defiant Def/Fortress Def as a substitute.

Bonfire will be her best damaging special.

Also made one attempt at the swimsuit banner and got nothing for my efforts but my first Lukas (+RES/-SPD). That's me done for it though, hoping that there's a good unit in the next arena rotation or I'd have to use Anna or Hana.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

*pounds fists on table* when's Hoshidan Summer

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ApplesandOranges posted:

Vantage doesn't really pair well with Earth Boost, so give her something like Close Def if you have her spare watermelon form around. Or give her Defiant Def/Fortress Def as a substitute.

Bonfire will be her best damaging special.

Also made one attempt at the swimsuit banner and got nothing for my efforts but my first Lukas (+RES/-SPD). That's me done for it though, hoping that there's a good unit in the next arena rotation or I'd have to use Anna or Hana.

The theory is that the first round of combat will build three special charges because she will get doubled, and then I have vantage+special and don't care that earth boost has turned off

Fortress defense would definitely be better in pve though when surviving two rounds of combat matters

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Anyway, swimsuit units neutral stats:

Corrin: 34/31/34/22/26

More SPD and RES than the other flying mage but worse HP and DEF. Will do fine doing mage things especially as a flier.

Elise: 34/36/34/18/25

Really strong offensive stats, a bit less SPD than Nino but more ATK. +SPD Elise will be really good.

Xander: 43/32/30/36/16

Good DEF and acceptable SPD but flash some magic at him and he croaks like half the axe units out there. Zzz.

Leo: 37/35/27/13/35

Better than the original at least. The SPD hurts but otherwise he's more or less Red Julia.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ApplesandOranges posted:

Leo: 37/35/27/13/35

Better than the original at least. The SPD hurts but otherwise he's more or less Red Julia.

A red Julia doesn't really have a place in the current meta though.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Not right now, but it's a good enough niche that if there's ever a room for it people'd be glad they have Leo.

At least it's better than yet another unit trying to emulate the Tharja/Linde/Nino statline. Or worse, Robin (looking at you Boey).

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ApplesandOranges posted:

Not right now, but it's a good enough niche that if there's ever a room for it people'd be glad they have Leo.

At least it's better than yet another unit trying to emulate the Tharja/Linde/Nino statline. Or worse, Robin (looking at you Boey).

Where's my red mage with 36 base speed, IS? 34 like Tharja is obviously far too slow.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
It's called full health Celica.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ApplesandOranges posted:

It's called full health Celica.

In that case she doesn't have a blade tome so she's automatically disqualified

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

I'm sure this has been asked loads of times but does conventional wisdom say I should promote my Ursula to 5* or promote an odin I have lying around and eat his tome+, which I probably will be forever unable to earn SP for. She already has regular Blarblade and with cav buffs it should be enough?

I'm poor but the fact that swim Corrins dragon has a little flower kills me and I need it but will never have it :(

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

I think my favorite thing about the seasonal units is hearing them tell you about the weather when you select them. Nothing will ever beat Bunny Xanders "Nice weather" though, something about the delivery of that line speaks to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Unsurprisingly, Summer Corrin with Blarblade+ and flier buffs is very good.

My flier emblem team went from pretty good to amazing really quickly today.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Jul 28, 2017