Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The motherfucking Fantastic Four don't appear onscreen together until 15 minutes before the movie's over, which is about two minutes before the final fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Minions made a billion dollars and Trolls is getting a sequel.

Trust nothing.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

ImpAtom posted:

No, it really isn't. It's not inept in fun or interesting ways. It's just poorly made, poorly edited, the actors are given terrible direction, the script is a mess... but somehow it doesn't even screw up in a good funny way.

Kate Mara's obvious wig in scenes that happened during reshoots is so bad, it's good.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Yeah I think Boss Baby beat out Ghost in the Shell or something. Don't underestimate these cringe-inducing bottom-tier animated films. :v:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Trust nothing.

Trolls was shockingly better than it had any right to be and absolutely deserves a sequel.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I'll watch GL over FF15 10 times out of 10. GL is a bad movie, but FF is an overall just bad idea

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Trust nothing.

Does a movie about emojis have the same potential for international appeal that Minions or Transformers does?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I don't blame Marvel for not doing any Fantastic Four stuff anymore

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Trust nothing.

Trolls miraculously turned out to be a good film though somehow. Not great but better than you'd expect.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

BrianWilly posted:

Yeah I think Boss Baby beat out Ghost in the Shell or something. Don't underestimate these cringe-inducing bottom-tier animated films. :v:

I heard that Boss Baby is filled with insane hosed up poo poo because there are no attentive eyes that are going to be overseeing a project like that. I'm still not sure if I'm being messed with.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Trust nothing.

Trolls is getting a sequel mostly on the merits of Trolls 2's stars, the McElroy Brothers.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Roth posted:

I don't blame Marvel for not doing any Fantastic Four stuff anymore
Every single one of those actors sounds completely bored out of their minds

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

BiggerBoat posted:

Well poo poo. If FF15 is several degrees worse than Green loving Lantern I can't even fathom it. Is FF15 one of those so bad it's good deals? Doesn't sound like it.

It's unmitigated garbage. loving awful garbage. Don't even toy about maybe watching this for the durr hurr so bad it's good so bad it's awful factor because you will not come out satisfied in any way. Don't you loving watch it

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Phylodox posted:

Trolls was shockingly better than it had any right to be and absolutely deserves a sequel.

I haven't watched it yet but I saw the music video for the one good song it has and the monsters/animals all being felt animals tickles me pink and I understand the moral of the movie is life is scary and awful and lovely and that's ok you just have to learn how to deal with it, and no sarcasm that is the most perfect message a children's movie should have

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Calaveron posted:

I haven't watched it yet but I saw the music video for the one good song it has and the monsters/animals all being felt animals tickles me pink and I understand the moral of the movie is life is scary and awful and lovely and that's ok you just have to learn how to deal with it, and no sarcasm that is the most perfect message a children's movie should have

I would add that part of the message is "drugs can help you deal with how lovely life is, but you can learn how to cope without them". Not even should. Just can.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I have no idea why they felt the need to change one of the most well known battlecries into a result of childhood abuse.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Fantastic four is worth watching for the education on how a studio having no faith in a project fucks it up through meddling.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

CelticPredator posted:

Fantastic four is worth watching for the education on how a studio having no faith in a project fucks it up through meddling.

That's assuming it would have been a good film without studio interference, a thing that isn't supported by any evidence. Fantastic Four is a dull, stilted slog long before it careens off the rails in the third act.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

twistedmentat posted:

I have no idea why they felt the need to change one of the most well known battlecries into a result of childhood abuse.

for a second I thought this was "Kiteman. Hell yeah."

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Daredevil is my least favorite superhero movie of all time. I haven't seen Catwoman, Elektra, DD director's cut, or Ghost Rider 2 but otherwise I think I'm caught up.

FF15 is mine, then Man-Thing, then Elektra, then The Hulk, Captain America 1991, Swamp Thing,... Catwoman and DD 2004 are fairly high up in comparison.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Remember Hasselhoff Fury and that JLA movie that was a pilot for a JLA sitcom

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

twistedmentat posted:

Wasn't the original plot going to be Ben's older brother sexually abusing him? Or was that just BSS bullshit?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Calaveron posted:

Hello, hopping in from the animation thread to say that Trolls is really good and you should all watch it. You're probably thinking "how would it be possible for a movie about the loving Troll dolls, with the gem bellybuttons and big hair, to actually be good"? Just trust me and watch it. This has nothing to do with comic books but I'm sure there was a trolls comic in some magazine advertisement at some point.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Macaluso posted:

Hello, hopping in from the animation thread to say that Trolls is really good and you should all watch it. You're probably thinking "how would it be possible for a movie about the loving Troll dolls, with the gem bellybuttons and big hair, to actually be good"? Just trust me and watch it. This has nothing to do with comic books but I'm sure there was a trolls comic in some magazine advertisement at some point.

The animation megathread's where I watched the video from and read about the moral my friend and then I got weirded out by some posts in it and stopped reading. Is trolls in US netflix?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Phylodox posted:

That's assuming it would have been a good film without studio interference, a thing that isn't supported by any evidence. Fantastic Four is a dull, stilted slog long before it careens off the rails in the third act.

The first half is neat. It's straight up a Chronenberg movie. Maybe isn't what comic fans want, but I dont give a poo poo about their needs tbh.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

CelticPredator posted:

The first half is neat. It's straight up a Chronenberg movie. Maybe isn't what comic fans want, but I dont give a poo poo about their needs tbh.

Cronenberg movies are good, though, with compelling, idiosyncratic characters and bizarre situations. Everything about Fantastic Four is dull and rote right from the beginning except maybe for the main characters immediately discovering their powers, and even that is some weak sauce. Nothing about the movie is striking or memorable in any way.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Oh god how do they deal with the fact that the villain is named Doctor Doom? I feel like they call him something else. I should dig this up and give it a watch for laughs.

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

Victor makes a snide remark and Kate Mara remarks "check out Dr. Doom here." Hilarious.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

FF15 is mine, then Man-Thing, then Elektra, then The Hulk, Captain America 1991, Swamp Thing,... Catwoman and DD 2004 are fairly high up in comparison.
I remember watching Man-Thing on the Sci Fi channel and then a few years later realized it was based off a Marvel character

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Still can't believe Doom's outfit was a melted trash bag

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Michael B Jordan is a pretty good Johnny and really should have been the main character.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CelticPredator posted:

About 15 minutes is like that.

Most of the first half is a bad Friday Night Lights episode. Season 2.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I was with it until the "One Year Later" title card.It looked pretty good too. Really nice cinematography.

Also about that ending, there's no way Trank filmed that. That poo poo is basic as gently caress. It looks like it was done in a few hours.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Strike a deal with Fox to share F4 like Spiderman and have Doom in a Dr. Strange team up movie version of Triumph and Torment please.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Didn't Trank have a breakdown and live in a tent on set before the meddling started?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Electromax posted:

Strike a deal with Fox to share F4 like Spiderman and have Doom in a Dr. Strange team up movie version of Triumph and Torment please.

Honestly, I'd be happy enough if they did it with Strange and Loki.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

MacheteZombie posted:

Didn't Trank have a breakdown and live in a tent on set before the meddling started?

He locked himself in his trailer for two weeks, smoked pot, and refused to come on-set.

The studio took away his trailer and rental house, then he set up a tent on set and refused to come out. They stopped production for two weeks and then a producer from Fox finished the movie.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

He locked himself in his trailer for two weeks, smoked pot, and refused to come on-set.

The studio took away his trailer and rental house, then he set up a tent on set and refused to come out. They stopped production for two weeks and then a producer from Fox finished the movie.

So it was always going to fail

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

He also trashed the rental house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I wonder what the gently caress broke him so bad

• Locked thread