Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

For my actual pick I'll take Sam Gagner and hope he can put up another few 40 point seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I think Henrique is better as a passenger winger with a strong center.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

edit: poo poo i missed he was selected

In light of the news everyone I thought about drafting was picked earlier The Toronto Maple Leafs select local boy Travis Konecny.

Technetium fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Jul 27, 2017

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I'll take Stephen Johns.

Mantha - Reinhardt - Marner
? - Point - ?

Theodore - Ekblad
Johns - Carlo

Murray

Jordan7hm fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jul 27, 2017

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Furnaceface (12:00 PM EST)
Ginette
Johnny Fisk
JoJo

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013

Jordan7hm posted:

I'll take Stephen Johns.

? - Point - ?

Theodore - Ekblad
Johns - Carlo

Murray

Man, I have no idea how you're going to be able to keep your gimmick going AND make to the cap floor.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I choose Jeremy Jacobs as my team owner and Damien Cox as beat writer.

Precambrian Video Games fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jul 27, 2017

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I'm going to have to go with Spartacat and hope he rebounds after a disappointing year given his contract.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

If we're drafting mascots I need this horrible creature on my side

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

OK so making this pick in a bit of a hurry since Im on my way to work. Gimme Marko Dano. He puts up decent numbers when the dumb teams he gets traded to actually give him ice time, plus he can play either wing which helps me shuffle people around.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Laderhan posted:

Man, I have no idea how you're going to be able to keep your gimmick going AND make to the cap floor.

Making the cap floor is easy. You sign your child to an NHL deal and pay them max contact for one year.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I'll take Brian Dumoulin since he's signed for a while and is a solid defensive d with an ok exit pass.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Jordan7hm posted:

Making the cap floor is easy. You sign your child to an NHL deal and pay them max contact for one year.

I know you're exaggerating but I don't think the PA or the league would let that sort of thing go through because it would gently caress with escrow or something wouldn't it?

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I know you're exaggerating but I don't think the PA or the league would let that sort of thing go through because it would gently caress with escrow or something wouldn't it?

I'm pretty sure it's legal. Don't need rules to stop completely ridiculous moves.

That said there have been a handful of owner kids as borderline NHLers before I think, so it's not totally impossible.

Honestly though making the cap floor and hitting my gimmick isn't impossible. Pronger is still on the books isn't he? I'll just take guys who are done playing to fill out the last couple dollars.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

If we're drafting mascots I need this horrible creature on my side

No he's mine! Hands off! :argh:

Jordan7hm posted:

I'm pretty sure it's legal. Don't need rules to stop completely ridiculous moves.

That said there have been a handful of owner kids as borderline NHLers before I think, so it's not totally impossible.

Honestly though making the cap floor and hitting my gimmick isn't impossible. Pronger is still on the books isn't he? I'll just take guys who are done playing to fill out the last couple dollars.

Pronger isn't, but there are 8 guys I can think about that are just permanent LTIR players now.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
Pronger and Datsyuk are off the books. I guess like, Nathan Horton is an option.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Jonathan Fisk has until 1:31 PM EST, followed by JoelJoel and Yaya.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Huh, I know they've got some interesting prospects but didn't expect a run on the Stars' defence this... well, at all, really.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

On mobile, is Thomas Chabot still free?

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Yes

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

God bless

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Yeah, I've got far too many defencemen already. Give Zach Parise.

He's getting old and paid but should be good for 20/50 for a few more years.

He probably forces me to shift a centre up to wing as I don't really want him bogging Nylander down and Zach is too good to play on my 3rd line. So, my lineup looks something like this for the time being:

Benn - Nylander- Zbad
Parise - Brassard-
- - -

De Haan - Green
- Ghost

Bob

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I'll take MY CLIENT

BROCK

BOESER

I have a fair amount of forwards already but as a Canucks fan I am obscenely biased and part of what influenced this pick is that Verviticus, another Canucks fan, has two picks between this one and my next pick.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Minnesota Wild will select Reilly Smith

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Habibi has until 6:07 PM EST, followed by eXXon and Verviticus.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Jordan7hm posted:

I'll take Stephen Johns.

? - Point - ?

Theodore - Ekblad
Johns - Carlo

Murray

poo poo

Furnaceface posted:

OK so making this pick in a bit of a hurry since Im on my way to work. Gimme Marko Dano. He puts up decent numbers when the dumb teams he gets traded to actually give him ice time, plus he can play either wing which helps me shuffle people around.

gently caress

Ginette Reno posted:

I'll take Brian Dumoulin since he's signed for a while and is a solid defensive d with an ok exit pass.

drat

Jonathan Fisk posted:

dang

Yaya posted:

I'll take MY CLIENT

BROCK

BOESER

I have a fair amount of forwards already but as a Canucks fan I am obscenely biased and part of what influenced this pick is that Verviticus, another Canucks fan, has two picks between this one and my next pick.

christ

lazerwolf posted:

Minnesota Wild will select Reilly Smith

motherfu

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Some of these rookie picks are awful if you're not making a gimmick team. There are still some legit players.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Boeser and Chabot are fine here

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Due Up:

eXXon (8:07 PM EST)
Verviticus
Iodized QQ
Stabby

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

ok my team page is finally up and running in the spreadsheet if anyone wants to see what a rad offense looks like

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Exxon was skipped at 8:07 so Verviticus is up and has until 10:07 AM.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Although having to select a goalie this early is physically painful, I have to compromise and pick James Reimer, who is more or less adequate.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
This is about to the point where I'm combing rosters just looking for names I've heard before or to see if old bums are still playing.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Approximately 50% of the picks since my last were guys I thought were already taken.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
hey, dorks

let's move it along

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Bottom half of this draft is a buncha dinks qtiyd

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
What site will let me search for player on twilight contracts so I can fill out the rest of my roster with old asses that are clinging on.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

gently caress man ive been waiting forever don't lump me in with other lazy bottom half folks

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

take me you ANIMAL posted:

What site will let me search for player on twilight contracts so I can fill out the rest of my roster with old asses that are clinging on.

Here ya go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
anywho QQ is up until 12:07 PM then stab gets deuces. looks like we'll be skipping a bunch next round

• Locked thread