Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Chat Thread
This poll is closed.
anime chat thread 13 8.02%
anime chat thread 2.22 - A SODOM BORN OF THE HUNDRED YEARS WAR 11 6.79%
SHIN ANIME CHAT THREAD 3: THE LAST DAY OF THE EARTH 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD 4: NEW AGE OF HEROES 1 0.62%
ANIME CHAT THREAD V: BEEF TENDENCY END 7 4.32%
ANIME CHAT THREAD VI: animemonogatari 16 9.88%
anime chat thread vii: 600 pages in like a week 3 1.85%
anime chat thread viii: a bowl of visible aids 7 4.32%
Anime Chat Thread IX: the desert of battle 1 0.62%
anime chat thread x: gifs of takane shijou eating 14 8.64%
anime chat thread xi: the beast that cried 'gas' at the heart of the world 16 9.88%
anime chat thread xii: the one where fire emblem comes out 8 4.94%
anime chat thread the 13th: no art dumps 5 3.09%
anime chat thread 14: this one probably won't get to 2000+ pages 3 1.85%
Chat Thead 15: Post your favorite robot and/or touhou itt 22 13.58%
Anime Chat Thread The Sixteenth: Frequently Anime Questions 3 1.85%
Anime Chat Thread Dimension XV-II: No More Eroes 2: Dawn of the New World 8 4.94%
Anime Chat Thread Part 18: (M)AIDS 17 10.49%
Total: 162 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

ergo proxy is loving garbage and I actively think less of anyone that actually recommends it, is my opinion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
what if you like it but don't mention it to others

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Everything Burrito posted:

what if you like it but don't mention it to others
I won't judge people for private shames, as long as they stay private

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I hated Ergo Proxy, and I really, really wanted to like it just because of what the ending theme is.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Watch Pretear if you like girly magical girl series, Getsuya.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Fractale sold so poorly and so spectacularly that for a few years, the sales of its first volume were used as a measurement for bad sales.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

homeless snail posted:

ergo proxy is loving garbage and I actively think less of anyone that actually recommends it, is my opinion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJX4ytfqw6k

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5srGvYXqBGg

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I'm kinda curious what about ergo proxy inspires such strong hate

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

dogsicle posted:

Blokeness, most likely.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

though personally i would say i just like a bunch of disparate parts of it rather than the show as a whole. pino, the eps in romdeau, the first actual proxy, and a stretch of episodic stuff in the back third

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
vincent is moe

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

dogsicle posted:

it is so completely empty of meaning and quality as to be a vacuum of incredible sucking power

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

dogsicle posted:

though personally i would say i just like a bunch of disparate parts of it rather than the show as a whole. pino, the eps in romdeau, the first actual proxy, and a stretch of episodic stuff in the back third
That is an excellent opinion to hold, friendo. I sincerely encourage you to sustain it. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNHHZ_dZn6Y

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I still really like the op
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAXrRWLKzko

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees a new Takemiya Jin chapter.

Edit: Well that's one way to start it out.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jul 28, 2017

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

homeless snail posted:

it is so completely empty of meaning and quality as to be a vacuum of incredible sucking power

hmm...i can't penetrate the buzzwords

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
homeless snail is trying to become a pretentious Anime YouTuber and needs to test the waters with us. Well, bully for you, hs, for I only give money to good musicians and assorted mischief makers!

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i can list reasons why it would be bad to someone, in the meantime. weak characters, slow pacing that doesn't ever really pay off, lots of eps taking place in featureless grey wastes etc

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Wark Say posted:

homeless snail is trying to become a pretentious Anime YouTuber and needs to test the waters with us. Well, bully for you, hs, for I only give money to good musicians and assorted mischief makers!
actually those are the people that like ergo proxy

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

homeless snail posted:

actually those are the people that like ergo proxy

he's right

it's a show ripe for people to pretend is deep

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
You have no idea how much I appreciate this. :)

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I recently rewatched Flip-Flappers with a group of my musician friends that normally don't watch anime and the overwhelming opinion was "gently caress YEAH!" :rock:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm glad more people like flip flappers

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

:yeah:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It's a rad show, it's only logical that peeps would like it.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
congrats on getting anime married

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Oh I remember Fractale now. For some reason it reminded me heavily of Nadia, but I could never put my finger on exactly why.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

homeless snail posted:

much like

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

your mouth

:bustem:

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Folks I have a confession to make. I hate tsunderes. Just absolutely despise them.

In unrelated news Fractale doesn't seem that bad. Depending on how it ends it might actually be pretty good. It has an interesting premise and gets heavy pretty quickly. Now if it can just stick the ending.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

if you think about it, tsunderes are basically domestic abusers

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzSREOBOV_Q

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

dogsicle posted:

if you think about it, tsunderes are basically domestic abusers

I dated a Japanese guy who deliberately acted like a tsundere because that's the kind of character he wanted to be. It was the most annoying thing.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

dogsicle posted:

Coming off being an insane obsessive fan of the GITS 1995 movie I decided to look around more of the Japanese anime cyberpunk subgenre and after a good experience with Lain I started watching it and it felt like it was going for some of the style of GITS which kind of implied depth but it had zero actual substance to it. I don't hate it but I dropped it p quick.
I also tried and failed to get into Texnolyze in that same time period which people seem generally positive on.
Innocence feels kind of the same way to me but it's only movie length and also mindblowing visually

E: like you can do the ambient music/sound with people staring off into space thing that GITS does and I vaguely remember EP doing if you're GITS because I'm actually thinking hard about poo poo when I watch GITS but when EP is telling me this is the thinky part I don't actually have anything to think about.

DisDisDis fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Jul 28, 2017

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Getsuya posted:

I dated a Japanese guy who deliberately acted like a tsundere because that's the kind of character he wanted to be. It was the most annoying thing.

"My ex-girlfriend had a really weird fetish, where she used to dress up like herself and act like a loving bitch all the time."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Getsuya posted:

Folks I have a confession to make. I hate tsunderes. Just absolutely despise them.

In unrelated news Fractale doesn't seem that bad. Depending on how it ends it might actually be pretty good. It has an interesting premise and gets heavy pretty quickly. Now if it can just stick the ending.

Right now you're tsun for tsunderes, but someday you'll be dere

• Locked thread