Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Get hosed to death in a burning dumpster you turtle-faced piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

Nice Tweet

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Terrible Robot posted:

Get hosed to death in a burning dumpster you turtle-faced piece of poo poo.

I think out of everyone in the government, I hate McConnell the most.

At least Trump's stupid craziness can be funny sometimes.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Seriously can we talk about what a huge bitch Audie Murphy is for a second.

The Marines got loving Chesty as their God of War. The Army got Audie Murphy. Chesty would destroy Audie Murphys soul

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
I knew a senior NCO who yelled at some marines 'Chesty Puller is a human being!' And two weeks later he died of pneumonia during a unit run. The last words he heard were a SGM asking 'did he have a battle buddy?' before Chesty drug his soul to hell

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Chesty never starred in movies.

So yeah, he's probably better.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

milk milk lemonade posted:

The Marines got loving Chesty as their God of War. The Army got Audie Murphy. Chesty would destroy Audie Murphys soul

The man stood on top of a burning tank destroyer mowing down Germans with the .50 while calling artillery down on his own position

"Huge bitch" aren't exactly the words I would use

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
I still can't believe how bad they hosed that.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
How does this impact tax reform?

And when people say healthcare is 1/6th of the economy, is there a chart that shows what the other 5/6ths are?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

TBeats posted:

And when people say healthcare is 1/6th of the economy, is there a chart that shows what the other 5/6ths are?

Tax reform presumably requires the cuts from the ACA to function.

It's still a possibility that they can ressurect any manner of health care killing bill, but they have limited opportunities to use the reconciliation process. If they combine killing the ACA and tax cuts, the line between "We're gonna kill people" and "We're giving money to rich people" becomes pretty drat clear. If they don't kill healthcare, they can't enact the tax cuts they/their donors want.

They may have to wait until next year, right before midterm elections. If that happens, the House won't touch the issues because they're all terrified of losing their seats because the attack ads write themselves.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

TBeats posted:

They still have time to try again, and they have to. Still, I don't see how they make it through because this was probably the least bad option they had. The Medicaid cuts are a hard pill to swallow.

Remember, they get one 50 vote reconciliation bill a year. They have to get the cuts this year so tax reform can be next year.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

TBeats posted:

The rest is all for inverting penises apparently.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

The man stood on top of a burning tank destroyer mowing down Germans with the .50 while calling artillery down on his own position

"Huge bitch" aren't exactly the words I would use

Yeah, what the gently caress?

I mean dude then came home and slayed some hollywood pussy for a few years. Pretty sure the guy was anything but a bitch.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/statu...3951%23lastpost

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The old bitch finally made a tweet but it's just complaining about the senate's 60 vote threshold for standard legislation.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

milk milk lemonade posted:

Excuse me

I think you'll find that Audie Murphy was loving amazing

Audie Murphy had a gift. His gift was that he was exceptionally good at killing Fascists.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

windshipper posted:

Ok that's ALSO a lot bigger than I thought. poo poo.

I was originally asking about Russia, but the Venezuela thing is bigger than I thought as well.

The Russian thing is more of a pain in the rear end then anything else, nothing too hardcore. Mostly pushback from the sanctions vote. If Trump signs it into law, they might push a little more, but I doubt Putin will make any military moves.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
This poll is 100% real and from a reputable company.

https://twitter.com/RobertCahaly/status/890938278995558400

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Real polls and fake polls be damned, if you don't think Kid Rock has a legitimate shot at getting a senate seat then I want to live in the reality you've been in for the last two years.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Handsome Ralph posted:

Yeah, what the gently caress?

I mean dude then came home and slayed some hollywood pussy for a few years. Pretty sure the guy was anything but a bitch.

He also publicly came out about his suffering with PTSD, at a time when when a ton of people thought that shellshock was for cowards. He also refused to take endorsement deals from alcohol and tobacco companies even when he was bankrupt and swimming in debt, since he didn't want to set a bad example for kids.

Audie Murphy was a good dude.

TBeats posted:

Real polls and fake polls be damned, if you don't think Kid Rock has a legitimate shot at getting a senate seat then I want to live in the reality you've been in for the last two years.

I take the threat of Kid Rock in the senate extremely seriously and as I've said before, once I get back to Michigan I plan on doing everything in my power to stop it.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

He also publicly came out about his suffering with PTSD, at a time when when a ton of people thought that shellshock was for cowards. He also refused to take endorsement deals from alcohol and tobacco companies even when he was bankrupt and swimming in debt, since he didn't want to set a bad example for kids.

Audie Murphy was a good dude.

I almost forgot about that stuff. Yeah, he really was.

TBeats posted:

I don't think him getting elected is outside the realm of possibility, but I don't think he's necessarily the shoe in he and his backers seem to think he is.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Is healthcare reform done for the foreseeable future?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Pretty sure he's already withdrawn too

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

cowboy elvis posted:

Is healthcare reform done for the foreseeable future?

No. The senate is being pushed privately by trump to try again.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Mr. Nice! posted:

Pretty sure he's already withdrawn too

https://twitter.com/KidRock/status/890421245476524032

quote:

When my name was thrown out there for US Senate I decided to launch kidrockforsenate.com. I was beyond overwhelmed with the response I received from community leaders, D.C. pundits, and blue-collar folks that are just simply tired of the extreme left and right bullshit. As part of the excitement surrounding this possible campaign, I decided to take a hard look to see if there was real support for me as a candidate and my message or if it was just because it was a fresh new news story. The one thing I've seen over and over is that although people are unhappy with the government, too few are even registered to vote or do anything about it. We have over a year left until an actual election, so my first order of business is to get people engaged and registered to vote while continuing to put out my ideas on ways to help working class people in Michigan and America all while still calling out these jackass lawyers who call themselves politicians.

During this time while exploring my candidacy for US Senate, I am creating a 501(c)(4) - a non-profit organization for the promotion of voter registration. Not only can I raise money for this critical cause, but I can help get people registered to vote at my shows. Since the announcement, the media has speculated this was a ploy to sell shirts or promote something. I can tell you, I have no problem selling Kid Rock shirts and yes, I absolutely will use this media circus to sell/promote whatever I drat well please (many other politicians are doing the same thing, they just feed you a bunch of bullshit about it). But either way, money raised at this time through the sale of merchandise associated with this very possible campaign will go towards our 'register to vote' efforts.

One thing is for sure though…The democrats are 'shattin’ in their pantaloons' right now…and rightfully so!

We will be scheduling a press conference in the next 6 weeks or so to address this issue amongst others, and if I decide to throw my hat in the ring for US Senate, believe me… it’s game on mthrfkers.

-- Kid Rock

https://www.kidrockforsenate.com/

Bolded mine, and the best rhetoric he could use to win.

Politics is cult of personality and party, not ability.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/YonhapNews/status/890953713644322816

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
https://twitter.com/jonfavs/status/890807533182439425

In other important news do we have Venezuela goons ready to live stream if the country really does implode in august?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

https://twitter.com/armscontrolwonk/status/890955863002824704

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

I can only hope that if he gets that far, he ends up having a Scott Brown moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zzg5bN2Luto

Honestly though, looking at her margins, Stabenow would really have to gently caress up for Kid Rock to have a serious chance at unseating her. Not to mention the whole mid-term elections tend to favor the party not holding the White House, etc etc. Not saying it can't or won't happen, but the odds are not favorable right now. I don't see them improving either.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

M_Gargantua posted:

https://twitter.com/jonfavs/status/890807533182439425

In other important news do we have Venezuela goons ready to live stream if the country really does implode in august?
There's an active Venezeuela thread with goons on the ground in D&D.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Kid Rock is even dumber than Trump. Unfortunately a lot of the people from Michigan that I've met aren't too bright themselves.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9IfHDi-2EA

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Casimir Radon posted:

Kid Rock is even dumber than Trump. Unfortunately a lot of the people from Michigan that I've met aren't too bright themselves.

Meh, as others in D&D pointed out: Trump had a lot of people being unprepared going for him, so Kid Rock may still win, but his chances are not as good as he'd expect.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
The hope is that Democrats realized decades of betraying labor has consequences and theyll pay attention to Michigan so prepare yourself for Senator Kid Rock

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

CommieGIR posted:

Meh, as others in D&D pointed out: Trump had a lot of people being unprepared going for him, so Kid Rock may still win, but his chances are not as good as he'd expect.

How is what you are saying any different than what people said from June 2015 to November 2016 about Trump?

People need to start expecting unqualified people to win and approaching it like that instead of "nah his chances aren't as good as he thinks."

Because guess what Trump's chances were before he won?

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

TBeats posted:

How is what you are saying any different than what people said from June 2015 to November 2016 about Trump?

People need to start expecting unqualified people to win and approaching it like that instead of "nah his chances aren't as good as he thinks."

Because guess what Trump's chances were before he won?

33-40% I think. The polls weren't actually far off and the overall vote total was actually pretty close to in line. 538 had quite a few caveats with its predictions which turned out to be correct in influencing the outcome.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Dear God: I would love to get 6 hours advance notice of the apocalypse so I can drive back home and die with my friends instead of dying on this island. Thanks in advance

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Obama's official photographer, Pete Souza, has been loving vicious lately.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXGC_Y2FnBe/?hl=en

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

lightpole posted:

33-40% I think. The polls weren't actually far off and the overall vote total was actually pretty close to in line. 538 had quite a few caveats with its predictions which turned out to be correct in influencing the outcome.

My point is people need to assume the lovely candidate will win and approach it from that perspective, rather than assuming the lack of ability or absurdity of a candidate being reason enough that they should/will lose.

"He could win but his chances aren't as good as he thinks" is setting yourself up for another stupid election.

"He definitely will win" is how it should be approached.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Head of Neo-Nazi group in Ukraine died in the middle of his speech today:

https://twitter.com/xbCC0981LdF25kD/status/884747826382725120

• Locked thread