Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

SteelMentor posted:

Mangelos is up for pre-order, rules are free!

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/...uestid=10968425

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/PDF/Downloads/Gabriel%20Angelos%20web%20download%20v2.pdf

Sad they didn't tweak the face any more, still looks kinda naff.

That seems like a lot of points for a guy who doesn't do much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
What's wrong with his foreheeeaaaddd

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Godsplitter doesn't refer to the Daemonhammer, it is in fact his ENORMOUS FOREHEAD.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Flea Bargain posted:

Melbourne, Australia. Thanks for your help! I'll take better pictures tomorrow and see if I can move it for 200

Wang is right. If you are n Australia $400 is way more likely. Better pics will net you that and maybe more.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
To be clear, selections from the Index that didn't make it to the new codex are still valid? I'm unclear on that...

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

dexefiend posted:

Thanks goes to Zuul for the inspiration!

It felt good to paint a mini!

The more Griffons the better. I like that giant skull on his shoulder pad!

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Uroboros posted:

To be clear, selections from the Index that didn't make it to the new codex are still valid? I'm unclear on that...

Yes. You use the index entry instead.

On the one hand my bikers got cheapier, on the other hand they're more annoying to play. Ho hum. I needed to build them some more plasma guns anyway...

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

SRM posted:

It's all love, peace, and taco grease on this week's 40k Badcast!
https://40kbadcast.com/2017/07/27/40k-badcast-14-welcome-to-flavortown/

You need to do a continuing series of Frank Grabowski - Apothecary.

(Scene opens on FRANK GRABOWSKI and MEDICAL SERVITOR extracting geneseed from battlefield casualty)

"So, the other day, I went down to Famous Original Robute's -"
"Not Original Famous Robute's?"
"No - not "Original Famous Robute's." Why would I go to "Original Famous Robute's?"
"I dunno. They've got good garlic knots?"
"Did I say I was going for garlic knots?"
"No, you didn't say you was going for garlic knots, but I thought - "
"Can you let me finish my drat story?"
"Fine! Finish your story. Geez..."
"Anyways, I went down to Famous Original Robute's and who did I run into?"
"Bobby G?"
"Oh , for Throne's sake, no, not Bobby G!"
"Well, how am I supposed to know? You told me to guess!"

(I imagine this Leonard/Tarantino-esque rambling goes on for a good ten minutes, and ends up with someone being hungry for garlic knots.)

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Artum posted:

His entire head is just loving enormous.

All I can see is Milton Berle when I look at it.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Bobby G still costs the same. And dev cents went up? They were already unplayable.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Naramyth posted:

Bobby G still costs the same. And dev cents went up? They were already unplayable.

Does this mean we are going to see hurricane bolter assault cents in use?

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Podcast comments: Did I catch a Gravity Falls reference mixed in with the Daily Inquisitor segment?

Also, that Fanfic...

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

SRM posted:

It's all love, peace, and taco grease on this week's 40k Badcast!
https://40kbadcast.com/2017/07/27/40k-badcast-14-welcome-to-flavortown/

Follow me to Flavortown, Brothers!

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

JoshTheStampede posted:

What other ones are any good? I like Independent Characters a lot but kinda can't stand Chapter Tactics.

Preferred enemies is good. Badcast definitely best though.

And brigade is great for guard. I am a bad man and field one in 1000 points too.

Brigades and scions. 2 Scion squads and a boss Scion are my MVPs. Pricey, but they eat 2 troops and an hq. If they survive to shoot twice at good targets the game is pretty much over a lot of the time.

Some favor the command squads, but 6 extra bodies is great for keeping them alive, and hellguns are no joke against non vehicles.

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

berzerkmonkey posted:

This is why we do the podcast. This right here.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Naramyth posted:

Yeah there's a couple of really dumb changes mixed in with sensible stuff.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Pendent posted:

No, you were correct. You do have to swing with the chainsword to get the extra attack

Huh? No, you get the extra attack just for having a Chainsword.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Yeah, as written its just whenever you fight, you get a free chainsword attack. Your normal attacks don't have to go to the chainsword to activate the free one. Unless that was FAQd somewhere.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
Hey everybody, finally getting back to some free time after a few months off. I picked up the Dark Imperium set and while I definitely want to commit to a sweet DG army, I figure I'd bolster my current Salamanders since they actually have a full book available. What's the general consensus on Inceptors? They seem like a pretty decent method of backline disruption that can take out light/medium targets well with those assault bolt guns.

Are they good or overcosted? I figured I'd pick up an extra 3 on eBay and have a unit to drop in an wreck someone's day but I don't want to commit if they don't function as I'd hope.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Uroboros posted:

Podcast comments: Did I catch a Gravity Falls reference mixed in with the Daily Inquisitor segment?

Also, that Fanfic...

In the heat of the moment that was the only silly reporter name that I could think of. Also I've known the guy who wrote that fanfic for years and had no idea he had it in him.

berzerkmonkey posted:

Episode art for Badcasts 15 and 16 found

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

PierreTheMime posted:

Hey everybody, finally getting back to some free time after a few months off. I picked up the Dark Imperium set and while I definitely want to commit to a sweet DG army, I figure I'd bolster my current Salamanders since they actually have a full book available. What's the general consensus on Inceptors? They seem like a pretty decent method of backline disruption that can take out light/medium targets well with those assault bolt guns.

Are they good or overcosted? I figured I'd pick up an extra 3 on eBay and have a unit to drop in an wreck someone's day but I don't want to commit if they don't function as I'd hope.

They are overcosted, though they are getting a 15ppm drop in the codex. I don't know how much the plasma ones cost but the bolter ones are basically 2 flying half-range heavy bolters each for like 60ppm. You decide if that's worth it.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

The Sex Cannon posted:

This is why we do the podcast. This right here.

SRM posted:

Episode art for Badcasts 15 and 16 found
I... I feel... validated. *sniff*

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

adamantium|wang posted:

Updated with gun arms:

Hey, nice to see you back man. Minis are looking great as always.

Right back at you.

Corrode posted:

Some top-tier stuff itt. Great job richyp and adamantium|wang

Thanks.

Anyone got any Chapter suggestions for the Primaris guys and a bunch of still on sprue Mk IV guys I found buried in the garage?

In the past I've done: Dark Angels (still have them somewhere hence the garage search), Space Wolves and Blood Ravens.

I'm thinking Fists of the Imperial variety but I'm not sure if I hate myself enough to paint yellow by hand. I could also just go Smurf or Black Templar (excuse to buy bits).

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I like how powerfists and thunder hammers dropped, but chainfists and eviscerators are still 22 points. :psyduck:

I play Dark Angels. Do I use these new values or..?

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
By the way, any baltigoons want to meet up at games and stuff this weekend?

Also someone mentioned a Facebook group which I can't find. Should I just start one for the dc/va/MD goons?

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I could have sworn there was an FAQ on this but I can't find it for the life of me. I suppose what I'm thinking was just how I see most people are understanding the rule.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Chaos Marines Codex - Aug 22:

http://natfka.blogspot.ca/2017/07/chaos-space-marines-august-22nd.html

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

richyp posted:

Anyone got any Chapter suggestions for the Primaris guys and a bunch of still on sprue Mk IV guys I found buried in the garage?

Marines Malevolent. Barring that home brew your own!

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Safety Factor posted:

I like how powerfists and thunder hammers dropped, but chainfists and eviscerators are still 22 points. :psyduck:

I play Dark Angels. Do I use these new values or..?

Right? Man it's going to be annoying ripping the chainfists off my cataphractii.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
So in making my Raven Guard "Army ADHD cry for help" list I realized something quite awesome. Correct me if I am wrong, but the Storm Raven is affected by the Strike From Shadows strategem.

So technically you can load a Storm Raven up with Shrike, 5 Vanguard Vets and whatever flavor of Dread you want, plop it 9 inches away from the enemy, drop your cargo turn one, and get some pretty nasty charges on.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

jadebullet posted:

So in making my Raven Guard "Army ADHD cry for help" list I realized something quite awesome. Correct me if I am wrong, but the Storm Raven is affected by the Strike From Shadows strategem.

So technically you can load a Storm Raven up with Shrike, 5 Vanguard Vets and whatever flavor of Dread you want, plop it 9 inches away from the enemy, drop your cargo turn one, and get some pretty nasty charges on.

*Goes second, gets surrounded, loses ~1000 points after the raven gets shot down*

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

PierreTheMime posted:

They were overcosted before. At 180pts for 6 mobile heavy bolters on a T5 W2 base they're probably not sleek and efficient but they're decent imo.

E: richyp go Imperial Fists. Real men wear yellow.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

So I wanna make my primaris Alpha Legion successors. Which chapter tactic do you guys think would be most appropriate for them? I'm thinking either Raven Guard or (ironically) Ultramarines.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

jadebullet posted:

Pretty sure strike from the shadows is infantry only.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
If I want to use a techmarine with conversion beamer do I have to use the higher index techmarine point value?

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

So, I could use some thoughts from the more competitively minded folks around here. I came up with this list based on my experience at ATC. Coming away from it I changed my Ultramarine list to reflect a few things.
1) Anti-Psyker is a must. You will 100% lose to brimstone/DP smite spam without it.
2) Tacticals really have no place in future Marine armies, at least on a competitive level you are better running Intercessors if you want to merely hold ground, and now that heavy weapons can still reliable move and hit, Devastators become the defacto special weapon teams.
3) Screening units, like scouts or conscripts are a must take. Against armies like Orks or GSC you need disposable screen units to halt the first turn onslaught.

quote:

+++ Ultramarines All-Comers (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) [119 PL, 1999pts] +++

++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Space Marines) [66 PL, 1154pts] ++

+ HQ +

Sergeant Chronus [8 PL, 160pts]
. Razorback: Storm bolter, Twin assault cannon

+ Troops +

Scout Squad [10 PL, 110pts]
. Scout Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Boltgun
. 9x Scout w/Boltgun

+ Heavy Support +

Devastator Squad [7 PL, 142pts]
. Space Marine
. Space Marine Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Storm bolter
. Space Marine w/Heavy Weapon: Missile launcher

Devastator Squad [7 PL, 97pts]
. Space Marine
. Space Marine w/Heavy Weapon: Heavy bolter

Devastator Squad [7 PL, 142pts]
. Space Marine

Devastator Squad [7 PL, 97pts]
. Space Marine

+ Dedicated Transport +

Razorback [5 PL, 102pts]: Storm bolter, Twin assault cannon

Razorback [5 PL, 100pts]: Twin assault cannon

++ Spearhead Detachment (Imperium - Officio Assassinorum) [5 PL, 85pts] ++

+ Elites +

Culexus Assassin [5 PL, 85pts]

++ Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment (Imperium - Space Marines) [18 PL, 360pts] ++

+ Lord of War +

Roboute Guilliman [18 PL, 360pts]

++ Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment (Imperium - Space Marines) [30 PL, 400pts] ++

+ Lord of War +

Terminus Ultra [30 PL, 400pts]

TheArmorOfContempt fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jul 28, 2017

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2017/07/pimpcron-my-gripes-with-8th-edition.html

Why do so many people have no imagination when it comes to this game? This guy and more I've heard/read complain about how a vehicle can face any direction and shoot 360, as though everything on the battlefield is 100% accurately representative of a historical one-frame snapshot, at the moment of firing, rather than having models...model a fight in the bleak future super-cyber future darkgrim space future. Hell, if you want to run a "vehicles have -1T if you shoot from the rear" rule, the rulebook literally says you can do that sort of thing. I'm having more fun with 8th than any edition ever, but like any edition, if you don't like something, why is it so hard to houserule a change? :confused:

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Because he wants his house rules imposed on everyone else, because he knows better.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
BoLS is bad, news at 11.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I'll admit, it would add some tactical positioning value if vehicles at least had a simplistic front and back arc. Rewarding flanking, for example. However, I think it's also way more hassle than it'd be worth, especially if you get into needlessly specific firing arcs.