Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

As a CW Campaign reward...for players who've won three campaign tanks.

I know, I'm evil. :D

The Jgpzr e100 gets 'moved' out of the tech tree like the Foch 155 and it comes back in there. Then they shift the FV215 out too and replace that with an autoloading hesh machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

reinstalled for the first time in like two years last week. nice to see it hasn't gotten any better.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

DonkeyHotay posted:

reinstalled for the first time in like two years last week. nice to see it hasn't gotten any better.

The 113 got some solid buffs like a year ago for what its worth.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

BadLlama posted:

The 113 got some solid buffs like a year ago for what its worth.

the 113 was always great if you just played to its strengths so hell yeah. i meant the game and playerbase is still terrible.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

those tier 10 buffs will make tier 8 an even bigger joy than it is already

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The british meds are going to get similar turret buffs to the Pattons at tier 9 and 10. Because thats what the game needs more of, ridge line camping with invulnerable turretted tanks.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

just load HE

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
so should i be rushing to get the foch 155 in my garage?

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Turmoilx posted:

If you own it before the patch you effectively get a bunch of stuff for free. Other than that it's a pixel tank.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Turmoilx posted:

Yeah probably. It's one of those bizarre tanks that they really can't obsolete without breaking the game, and if it's a reward tank you don't even need to waste a crew on it.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

They're also giving it a buff:

quote:

AMX 50 Foch (155)
Added radio station SCR 619F
Added engine Saurer 1000F
Removed radio station SCR 619
Removed the engine Saurer
Reinforced case booking
Gun elevation for 155 mm AC SA58 increased from +12 to +18 degrees
Gun depression for 155 mm AC SA58 increased from -5 to -6 degrees

HFX
Nov 29, 2004
I now remember why I stopped with the French line after they nerfed the Foch and much of the rest of the line.

In adequate armor: Check
Huge easy weakpoint: Check
Awful gun handling: Check
Low DPM for tier: Check
Anemics alpha for teir + gun handling: Check
But at least it is kind of fast in a straight line on level ground.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
First game out with the T-34-85-M

This is with a 75% trained crew. And after being shot in the back multiple times by the other T-34-85M who really needs to uninstall the game because he loving sucked.
After telling them all to go kill themselves, I got a message from the Matilda driver with "sounds like a Pansy comment", the Matilda that got off one, maybe two shots that hit anything

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

DonkeyHotay posted:

the 113 was always great if you just played to its strengths so hell yeah. i meant the game and playerbase is still terrible.

Hey did you hear the 113 got a new brother? :getin:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

McGavin posted:

They're also giving it a buff:

They're buffing the armour to 50mm on the side too so it won't get overmatched by everything it faces.

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

A lot of things have happened to me over my life.

I haven't played since 2013, but I'm downloading the game now. I saw in the OP that there are referrals for people returning after a long time. Anyone want to shoot me one so I can hook you up?

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

HFX posted:

I now remember why I stopped with the French line after they nerfed the Foch and much of the rest of the line.

In adequate armor: Check
Huge easy weakpoint: Check
Awful gun handling: Check
Low DPM for tier: Check
Anemics alpha for teir + gun handling: Check
But at least it is kind of fast in a straight line on level ground.

Overmatch sides and poo poo reverse speed too.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Jester Mcgee posted:

I haven't played since 2013, but I'm downloading the game now. I saw in the OP that there are referrals for people returning after a long time. Anyone want to shoot me one so I can hook you up?

We need your in-game name and if you have logged in or played recently it won't work.

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

Pretty sure my in game name is JesterMcgee, and I haven't logged in for a few years.

Edit - I did log in to their website so I could download the game. That might have messed it up.

Jester Mcgee fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jul 28, 2017

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Yeah, it says you're active.

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

Well, poo poo. They sure got me.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
If any goons with good recents (let's say 2600+) want a clan to do strongholds with, hit me up. I'm an officer in BRVE and we've got a T10 stronghold and financial unit and run credit boosts for strongholds pretty much every day. Mostly T6 because it's really hard to find opposing T8 teams, but T8 whenever we can get it.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

So they are removing the Foch but not removing it and adding in a new tank?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BadLlama posted:

So they are removing the Foch but not removing it and adding in a new tank?

quote:

AMX 50 Foch (155)

If you think of the AMX 50 Foch (155), this one is definitely a keeper. Although it developed a few weaknesses over the years and pales in comparison to other top-tier TDs, it can be seen rolling down the battlefields every once in while. At the same, following the tweaks to Tiers VIII–IX, this TD became unfit for the top Tier, which created a dilemma. Many players in the community have a soft spot for the AMX 50 Foch (155) and removing it from the game would make no one happy. It took us a while, but we found a way out that should give the revised TD line a Tier X to match, and leave the good ol’ Foch (155) in the roster.

Starting in 9.20, the Foch (155) becomes a special vehicle, while a completely new TD; the AMX 50 Foch B, rolls out on Tier X. Basically, this newcomer is a revised version of the AMX 50 Foch (155), equipped with a six-round 120mm autoloader capable of dealing 400 alpha damage instead of the 155 gun. It is also reinforced with better side and front armor. Due to a low silhouette, the AMX 50 Foch (155) used to have fairly poor gun depression and elevation, limiting the tank’s usefulness. We increased both to boost its effectiveness on uneven terrain.

quote:

AMX 50 Foch B

Let’s explain some purely technical details of the transition:

What’s with the AMX 50 Foch’s (155) combat parameters?
It benefits from the same set of improvements the new Tier X received (except for the gun; it retains the 155mm autoloader): its front and side armor got thicker and gun depression and elevation went up a few degrees.
How can you get the AMX 50 Foch B and the AMX 50 Foch (155)?
If you researched and purchased the AMX 50 Foch (155), it remains in your Garage, changing its status to a special vehicle, and you also get the AMX 50 Foch B. If you researched but haven’t purchased it just yet, you have until 9.20’s launch to do it. Lastly, if you’re in the process of researching it, you have to hurry, as the AMX 50 Foch (155) won’t be available for purchase after 9.20.
What stays on the AMX 50 Foch (155)?
It keeps its battle statistics, XP, achievements, medals, and marks of excellence.
What gets transferred to the AMX 50 Foch B?
All customization items (camo, emblems, and inscriptions) go to the AMX 50 Foch B for their remaining duration. The AMX 50 Foch’s (155) Crew gets retrained for the AMX 50 Foch B. Since the AMX 50 Foch (155) has a special status, you can recruit a Crew from any French TD without penalty.
What’s with rounds and equipment?
Shells were removed, but fear not; you’ll get the full amount of Credits they cost you credited to your account. Equipment gets de-mounted and moved to Storage, and you can use it on any other vehicle.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jul 28, 2017

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
What the hell is a double secret x3 xp weekend

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Oic, well I have the tier 7 TD in the french line guess I'll miss out on the auto-loading boom cannon.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BadLlama posted:

Oic, well I have the tier 7 TD in the french line guess I'll miss out on the auto-loading boom cannon.

It's a weird tree that's going to get stranger.

I play the T8 the same way I play the 122-44, like a total aggressive psychopath. It usually works too. I hope these changes makes the tree feel like it has a purpose, they just don't have that je ne sais quoi that some of the other TD trees have.

Also if I remember correctly, the new T10 we'll have 2 seconds between shots :allears:.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

So wait, any idea when the new patch is expected? I'm like halfway through the Foch.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Atomizer posted:

So wait, any idea when the new patch is expected? I'm like halfway through the Foch.

Soon™

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Atomizer posted:

Towards the end of August.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Just lol if you don't already have the worst tier 10 TD in the game.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
On the one hand I'd like to have a gimmick fossil tank when they make the 155 a premium or w/e

On the other hand that would require me to grind through the entire Foch in a month, and that sounds like hell.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Steelion posted:

On the other hand that would require me to grind through the entire Foch in a month, and that sounds like hell.

Agreed. I don't think I could handle it.

Strike Anywhere
Oct 3, 2006
I love the smell of sulfur in the morning...

wargaming posted:

9.20 test notes

Added tank:

Waffenträger auf E 100 (P) (Chinese Server Only)

alright, since the Chinese TDs were also only going to be limited to that server, here's to hoping that the non-NA player base wants this back, too.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I hope we finally get the Gold Skinned Type-59.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

BadLlama posted:

I hope we finally get the Gold Skinned Type-59.

It's already in Aslain's modpack.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
If nobody else can see it, what's the loving point?

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Q_res posted:

If nobody else can see it, what's the loving point?

I can see it. :colbert:

SoUncool
Oct 21, 2010
Jesus, I was never great at this game, but there was a time when I was at least decent. Now I am just flaming garbage. Play style doesn't seem to matter. Aggressive, cautious, I keep ending up back in the garage with a poo poo performance, lined with the occasional rockstar game where everything goes perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

So while watching the MTG Pro Tour, I played 21 Cruiser 2 games. I had a lot of fun derping people. In those 21 games, I had 20 games where the top tier was 4, and 1 game where the top tier was 3. Matchmaker's not nearly as broken as before the change (where you'd seriously go ten games in a row facing 5-10 tier 5 tanks) but yeah....

I made some friends though.