Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Forums Terrorist posted:

noted Posadist Baloogan

quote:

Posadists were once notorious on the far left for their cultish devotion to their leader and their bizarrely positive views on nuclear war.

what? me? never. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Kenzie posted:

What i wanna know is when are we finally gonna get an ISIS simulator
Abu Hajaar Simulator 2020

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Tekopo posted:

Abu Hajaar Simulator 2020

If you believe some websites, you can just reskin America's Army.

Oh, I went there.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I'm thinking Baloogs would want a Dorsai universe.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Any more to this? I love it when grogs get upset.
Well, my memory is fuzzy. But if I remember right I made a crack like "I'll take these" *plop the minis on the counter* "I love the Spanish civil war minis you have... I'm going with the good guys."

He kinda just went :mad: "ehhhh mrrrmmm" and demurred.

Not mine but same minis:

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Hav posted:

If you believe some websites, you can just reskin America's Army.

Oh, I went there.
:drat:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Kenzie posted:

What i wanna know is when are we finally gonna get an ISIS simulator
Create a mod for CM: Shock Force.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Don't forget to check on your cooks training in the States and rotate them into the pool when they hit 70 on the deep fryer

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i don't bother with micromanaging cook skill levels when playing against the computer but you better believe it matters when PBEM

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Or how about a Command Ops game that spans from Murmansk down to Baku, modeling every formation down to the platoon, and there's just a single scenario that starts at 0000 on June 22 1941, and you press Start and it doesn't end until the very bitter end of 1945.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Baloogan posted:

i don't bother with micromanaging cook skill levels when playing against the computer but you better believe it matters when PBEM

Better make sure the repair tech in your sub has a high enough skill or else the ice cream machine will break down and affect crew morale.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
imo its loving bullshit u can't flush your IJN carrier's fuel hoses with CO2 till mid 1942, thats just railroading to get a desired historical result

if i were incharge of the IJN id do that starting day one

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I'd implement a system like DC:B. Get both Army and Navy guys to like me, but piss off transport banzai and see how that affects things

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuTkgi7scKo

if loving FPSes can get THIS level of details, why cant wargames? FFS guys we are falling behind the curve.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Baloogan posted:

imo its loving bullshit u can't flush your IJN carrier's fuel hoses with CO2 till mid 1942, thats just railroading to get a desired historical result

Seriously though WITP 2 is going to need a Washington Naval Treaty and a "Circle Two" minigame so that your shipyards are pumping-out Shokaku-class carriers instead of wasting their time on Junyos halfway through the war.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Baloogan posted:

if i was in charge on the us navy, pearl harbour would have never happened, instead the us would have done a pre-emptive strike on kure to destroy the japanese fleet

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Tekopo posted:

if i was in charge on the us navy, pearl harbour would have never happened, instead the us would have done a pre-emptive strike on kure to destroy the japanese fleet

You sound like you want to play PTO 2.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Yeah well if I was in charge of Japan I would killed everyone that had even a hint of a feud between the navy and the army. :colbert: Sure, I'm not going to war until the mid 50s but they won't be falling onto eachothers swords all the drat time.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Kenzie posted:

CMFB has some new tanks and vehicles and unit types and whatnot (like volksgrenadiers I think), but yeah I don't think you will be missing all that much. I think CMBN even has winter texture mods. Rather than paying $60 for two single-player campaigns and a bunch of standalone scenarios in FB or Red Thunder or whatever, the Normandy bundle gives you like triple that with 6 or 7 campaigns (some of them really long, with like 14-16 missions in one campaign), plus all the scenarios and user-made stuff. So it does seem like the best value to me.

They also released a little $10 battle pack that adds another campaign and a dozen scenarios but you have to buy their stupid $20 vehicle packand gently caress that bullshit.

That's what I've done! I just got the BN big pack, and spent two hours downloading Aris vehicle skin mods and getting angry at how ugly all horizons are AND how hard they are to edit without breaking them entirely.

Getting the full Battlefront experience. On the plus, they apparently allow unlimited downloads now.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

Or how about a Command Ops game that spans from Murmansk down to Baku, modeling every formation down to the platoon, and there's just a single scenario that starts at 0000 on June 22 1941, and you press Start and it doesn't end until the very bitter end of 1945.

And the only commands you're allowed to give are in relation to supply.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Yooper posted:

And the only commands you're allowed to give are in relation to supply.

That's unironically a grog pipe dream I have:

There's this scenario in Railroad Tycoon 2 where you're put in charge of the Russian rail system in 1941 - the map spans from Minsk to Tambov, and you have to deliver troops to cities to prevent them from "falling" into German hands. The challenge is managing which stations get which troops, considering your limited number of trains, the limited production rates of the troops, and random events destroying bits of track, affecting how long it takes to get to any given station.

I've always wondered what a game would be like to expand and play with that concept of being in charge of logistics, but the actual warfighting is left up to a faceless AI.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

gradenko_2000 posted:

I've always wondered what a game would be like to expand and play with that concept of being in charge of logistics, but the actual warfighting is left up to a faceless AI.

If only there were a game that let you track pasta and teakettle supplies for the Italian army in North Africa...

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Play a 2-player 1-faction game of WitP, WitE, or WitW.

WitP:
One player does all the logistics, from running supplies to requisitioning transports. He also controls research and development. Once he finishes his moves/changes/etc, he saves the game and sends it to Player 2, who then does all the combat, military planning stuff.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Rip baloogan :(

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

In 11 years, he will be back, as prophesied

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Baloogan is a cool poster in this thread and a good grog goon but drat if his gimmick isn't unfunny as gently caress when he's in shitpost mode.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
When you have a 4 pages of probation's related to trolling people in the political forums that's bound to happen.

R.I.P. Baloogan

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Drone posted:

Baloogan is a cool poster in this thread and a good grog goon but drat if his gimmick isn't unfunny as gently caress when he's in shitpost mode.

Yyyeeeah... I like CMANO, though, so

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011
How have limited portrayals of the Paris Commune in wargaming led to Baloogan being banned?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Ghost of Mussolini posted:

How have limited portrayals of the Paris Commune in wargaming led to Baloogan being banned?

He nationalized his account, so it went on strike.

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum

Popete posted:

When you have a 4 pages of probation's related to trolling people in the political forums that's bound to happen.

R.I.P. Baloogan

Those people need to be trolled more

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

I wonder to myself, what's Schwerpunkt games up to these days?

Is the game any good? It has Windows Vista alerts on the game page, will it play on Win10? It looks like a stuttery piece of poo poo on the video, but it might be the camera auto-focusing.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I've been tempted to grab that game for the longest time but always forget to thanks to the website looking like something from 1998.

Grog devs, please consider hiring me as your streamer/lp-dude.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Trotsky was a grog and so can you

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I'd implement a system like DC:B. Get both Army and Navy guys to like me, but piss off transport banzai and see how that affects things

Doctrine changes requiring wargaming and/or political power points until you get into the war and you get the option to incorporated lessons learned would be super awesome, especially if there's no way to set up exercises to learn all the right lessons.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

xthetenth posted:

Doctrine changes requiring wargaming and/or political power points until you get into the war and you get the option to incorporated lessons learned would be super awesome, especially if there's no way to set up exercises to learn all the right lessons.

You can even game it by giving the "worse" lessons maybe added damage dealt but at a higher casualty rate. That way you don't have people who ONLY focus on getting the good lessons, and provides a neat dichotomy.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

That's unironically a grog pipe dream I have:

There's this scenario in Railroad Tycoon 2 where you're put in charge of the Russian rail system in 1941 - the map spans from Minsk to Tambov, and you have to deliver troops to cities to prevent them from "falling" into German hands. The challenge is managing which stations get which troops, considering your limited number of trains, the limited production rates of the troops, and random events destroying bits of track, affecting how long it takes to get to any given station.

That actually sounds awesome.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Schwerpunkt Update #1.

I decided to try WW2 in Europe. Paid my $49.99. Confirmation email. Nothing more. I imagine it's like the RtW dude, someone has to physically email me a download link.

edit : which of you is Schwerpunkt dude? Literally 2 minutes after I make this post and I get an email. Installing now.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Schwerpunkt is actually pretty good once you get used to the, ah, idiosyncratic UI.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

V for Vegas posted:

Schwerpunkt is actually pretty good once you get used to the, ah, idiosyncratic UI.

Wow. You ain't kidding. It's like the UI designer from Graviteam got together with Gary Grigsby and they had to make a game with MSPaint and Excel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Yooper posted:

Wow. You ain't kidding. It's like the UI designer from Graviteam got together with Gary Grigsby and they had to make a game with MSPaint and Excel.

What have you done???

Prepare for 15 pages of arguments on why the Mius Front UI is actually very intuitive.