Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
Throwing in the towel on ranked this season. The only way to consistently guarantee a win is by pulling down 80k+ games in a destroyer while spotting and contesting points, which is somewhat doable, but dependant on your team supporting you in those initial clashes. Not having a Gallant/Anshan/Shino is too much of a penalty to overcome.

Maybe you could do it in a Warspite or an Ari. Dunno.

The straw that broke the camel's back was having a BB yelling at / shooting at my DD for not 'staying with the carrier' at the start of the game, because that is clearly what a DD should be doing.

Heartcatch posted:

10+ is already quite a feat.

Depends. Sometimes you get lucky and have one of those matches just full of absolutely stupid battleships that do not give a gently caress, but yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

That's usually pretty rare in itself, but beautiful when it happens.

Potato battleships are nothing new but a lot of the time they're unknowingly screened by accidental destroyers or planes.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Throwing in the towel on ranked this season. The only way to consistently guarantee a win is by pulling down 80k+ games in a destroyer while spotting and contesting points, which is somewhat doable, but dependant on your team supporting you in those initial clashes. Not having a Gallant/Anshan/Shino is too much of a penalty to overcome.

Maybe you could do it in a Warspite or an Ari. Dunno.

The straw that broke the camel's back was having a BB yelling at / shooting at my DD for not 'staying with the carrier' at the start of the game, because that is clearly what a DD should be doing.

I've gotten Rank 1 in two previous seasons (tier VII and tier VI/VIII) and this is the worst one yet as far as quality of play. It's nice that there are no stand-out OP ships like the Belfast this time, but that seems to be more than balanced out by there being more idiots.

Flagellum
Dec 23, 2011

spurdo av master race so what

I think this was my 3rd 100k+ loss in Charles Martel today.
I can't get a win because pubbie bbs love to headbutt into torps and cry about how dds are OP.
Also never press A and D buttan ever.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Darkrenown posted:

I have a couple of EU server codes for: Warspite, Kamakaze, Gremyashchy and Graf Spee plus 2k dubs and 7 days of prem (all of them, it's a bundle). They are one per account. PM with offer me if interested.

How'd you get ahold of that, if you don't mind me asking?

Sent you a PM.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Handsome Ralph posted:

Two days in a row I've gotten duplicates for the Dunkirk crate. I only need four more.

Ugh, gently caress this game.

You know you can buy the parts of the collection you need with 4 duplicates?

Fake edits:

:argh: Wargaming!

I was surprised this morning before work, the Equip Your Ship III mission hadn't reset. I was only about 3,000 base XP from completing it. I played two matches and was down to 1,800 XP. The super container was mine!

I queue up in my Saint-Louis. I play a match, and am disappointed as it's going to be a 126k loss, but that's okay... and that's weird the Equip Your Ship III mission didn't update. Instead I completed Battleship I...

Mid-match the available missions had changed. Yep, I spent a week grinding just French cruisers, with one break a day to run my Galant for the extra Dunkirk crate, chasing 15 containers + a super container, only to come like 1,800 XP short at the last possible moment. :shepicide:

This loving game.

:batuka: me again, Wargaming, owned me again.

ZombieLenin fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Jul 28, 2017

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Decided to play a couple of ranked matches before I started work. Won my first ranked, second one, get paired with two other BBs that decide to play hide and seek on faultline behind the caps. I managed to knock out two ships and do about 80k of damage, as well as cap.

Last remaining BB is all the way behind A and starts whining about lovely teammates that can't hit and how he's not supposed to help push. :negative:

On the upside, I only need three one more of the stupid Dunkirk items to get that captain.

ZombieLenin posted:

You know you can buy the parts of the collection you need with 4 duplicates?

I did not know that. Thanks!

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
^^^ There's a button on the lower right of the collection page, if you didn't see it. Although I thought it was 5 for one?

ZombieLenin posted:

I queue up in my Saint-Louis. I play a match, and am disappointed as it's going to be a 126k loss, but that's okay... and that's weird the Equip Your Ship III mission didn't update. Instead I completed Battleship I...

Mid-match the available missions had changed. Yep, I spent a week grinding just French cruisers, with one break a day to run my Galant for the extra Dunkirk crate, chasing 15 containers + a super container, only to come like 1,800 XP short at the last possible moment. :shepicide:

That's harsh, but I managed to gently caress up the bismarck campaign by somehow repeating the first part of the final task (do 300k damage or something) rather than selecting the final part (do 350k damage or something). I stayed up all night and "finished" an hour or two before the server restarted and the campaign ended :suicide:

Clarence
May 3, 2012

Darkrenown posted:

Although I thought it was 5 for one?

It is 5 for 1 this time. Bismarck campaign was 4 for 1.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Clarence posted:

It is 5 for 1 this time. Bismarck campaign was 4 for 1.

Is it? I bought the last two things I needed and I swear it was 4 to 1; however, I wasn't paying that attention that closely.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Yeah, I had enough dupes stockpiled that I could get three out of four items I needed. Now I only need one more item to unlock the captain, so I'll have it by tomorrow.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
Maybe this weekend we can get some people together who haven't 5-starred Dynamo to get that done. I swear, solo-pubbing it is frustrating. Last night we had a team where the top three ships, me included carried. I shot down 35 planes and sunk 9 Schnell boats and the other two in the top three did likewise. The bottom players had zero schnell kills and 5 or less planes being shot down. If half the team is competent it's still not enough to carry to a five star win.

Also, yesterday, we had a fun win on points, down on ships 4 to 2, when the time ran out. Kutuzuov is a fun boat and I reset a cap by torping a Gearing in smoke.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Darkrenown posted:

^^^ There's a button on the lower right of the collection page, if you didn't see it. Although I thought it was 5 for one?

That's harsh, but I managed to gently caress up the bismarck campaign by somehow repeating the first part of the final task (do 300k damage or something) rather than selecting the final part (do 350k damage or something). I stayed up all night and "finished" an hour or two before the server restarted and the campaign ended :suicide:

Check your PMs.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
Got one of the Gremy codes :v:

Edit: code works just fine, however if you already have one of the ships it won't give you doubloons but just a port slot.

Cippalippus fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jul 28, 2017

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Enterprise is a whole new level of cancer.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Magical napkin Soviet carriers when?

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Cippalippus posted:

Got one of the Gremy codes :v:

Edit: code works just fine, however if you already have one of the ships it won't give you doubloons but just a port slot.

Gremy codes, you say?

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
^^^ check your PMs

Cippalippus posted:

Just in case anyone else was expecting gold, WG changed their policy about code duplicates a while back:
https://eu.wargaming.net/support/kb/articles/765#two_id
So you should have gotten credits for ships you already have, but WG codes are fairly non-standard in their behaviour.

Darkrenown fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jul 28, 2017

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

I didn't, but that's OK. I wanted a Grem and I got a Grem. Thanks again!

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
So this weekend is looking like its going to be a full on blowout weekend. Every game today has been a huge swing to one side.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

MoraleHazard posted:

Maybe this weekend we can get some people together who haven't 5-starred Dynamo to get that done. I swear, solo-pubbing it is frustrating. Last night we had a team where the top three ships, me included carried. I shot down 35 planes and sunk 9 Schnell boats and the other two in the top three did likewise. The bottom players had zero schnell kills and 5 or less planes being shot down. If half the team is competent it's still not enough to carry to a five star win.

Also, yesterday, we had a fun win on points, down on ships 4 to 2, when the time ran out. Kutuzuov is a fun boat and I reset a cap by torping a Gearing in smoke.

Assuming you are wanting to do this on US server, I can provide support as well for those that need their 5 stars.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Heartcatch posted:

Magical napkin Soviet carriers when?

Give them big guns. And many tiny guns on the side. And many IL2s with rockets that can strafe destroyers.

Make it 12k dubloons.

Also let it play the Soviet Anthem the entire time you play it.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

The Gremy: :stare:
What the hell was it before they removed stealth firing?

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Cippalippus posted:

Bad enough that, if I recall correctly, it got put on the list of ships they would not sell again (possibly still is on there? not certain, might have been removed). Though it has been hurting a bit ever since T5 got screwed over by the MM changes, just like everything else in that tier, so it wasn't just the smoke change.

Funny how basically every truly overpowered ship in the game belongs to the nation in the game with the worst WW1-2 naval history, innit? And magically almost always dodge any true targeted nerfs while lesser offenders get sledgehammered.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Cippalippus posted:

A lot of fun. Also the most OP DD at tier V.

It's still pretty good, but it's now harder to solo carry your potato teams.

E: back in the day, probably the most OP ship at tier V period. Even stronger than the pre-nerf Murmansk.

Godlessdonut fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jul 29, 2017

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Poor Murmansk. It sits sadly in my dockyard never to be played ever again.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Lord Koth posted:

Funny how basically every truly overpowered ship in the game belongs to the nation in the game with the worst WW1-2 naval history, innit? And magically almost always dodge any true targeted nerfs while lesser offenders get sledgehammered.

Overpowered ships:

Flint : USN
Saipan : USN
Black : USN
Belfast : RN
Bismarck/Tirpitz : KM
Zao : IJN
Kamikaze: IJN
Kaga : IJN
Nikolai : VMF
Gremyaschy : VMF
Khabarovsk: VMF
Kutuzov: VMF

:confused:

edit: also Khabarovsk did get range nerfed

Pacra fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jul 29, 2017

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Zao, Bismarck, Tirpitz, Kaga, Kamikaze aren't overpowered

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Saipan is the most OP ship in the game because its only counter is another Saipan and you have about a 40% chance per game of facing a Ranger which is a free win.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
I'd not really played this since beta but the new collection/mission things are great. Getting a Bismarck without having to rank up a Battleship line seemed like cheating to me. I don't like CV gameplay, I'm terrible in Cruisers and don't often do well with battleships except the Arkansas Beta which seems way overpowered or low tier players are just really dumb. I'm leveling up every destroyer tree though as I like them all.

Some of the missions though, Emden reward, nice I'll do that, get to last part of mission chain, have to be in a tier VIII+ German battleship, survive the battle, come top 3 in team, do 30k+ damage to British ships.... Spent millions on a Friedrich but need to level a captain so wasn't do that well in it, Bismarck I'm just not getting into the top 3 with all these tier X battleships on my team, gave up on the mission, just not going to do it.

One last game last night, take Bismarck out, only one British ship on enemy team so forget that, had previously ripped flags off to not waste them, doing ok damage for a change, getting in close for secondaries and not dying, smoke fades and undamaged Neptune appears broadside on at about 6 km. Unbelievable.

Took Emden out and was getting annoyed all these arseholes are shooting at my beautiful new ship.

Been playing way too much of this recently, even spent money on a Gallant, also yesterday had match come down to killing my 3rd Battleship for a Kraken Unleashed to win points advantage, just 5 seconds before match ended.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012

kaesarsosei posted:

Saipan is the most OP ship in the game because its only counter is another Saipan and you have about a 40% chance per game of facing a Ranger which is a free win.

Lost Edit:3 games in a row vs Rangers after posting this. Got Clear Sky both times but the moral is clear - don't tempt fate with pubbie team mates at the weekend.

In last one, it was double CV and my allied Ryujo fed 36 of his 48 planes into an Atlanta that was divisioned with the enemy Ranger and just parked beside him.

kaesarsosei fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Jul 29, 2017

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]
Oh joy. Battleship weekend. Even so, I don't even know why so many people are playing loving battleships when the "rewards" for doing so are so lame.

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

I don't know, an air Superiority Ranger with the correct build can counter a Saipan very effectively. What the Saipan has over the Ranger at that point is the ability to also deal damage to the enemy team.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

ZombieLenin posted:

Oh joy. Battleship weekend. Even so, I don't even know why so many people are playing loving battleships when the "rewards" for doing so are so lame.

It is a great weekend to have a Kutuzov.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

It is a great weekend to have a Kutuzov.

On the other hand...

The best part was I started the game by capping B, the enemy had all gone to C cap so we ended up with a two-cap advantage AND I had nuked a battleship without so much as getting spotted. Basically our team hid behind an island only to go out and yolo into them one at a time, while our carrier decided to be target practice for their BBs.

Blindeye fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jul 29, 2017

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
honestly at this point I'd say only the Black, Saipan, and Belfast are the OP non-Russian ships in the game. Nikolai, Gremy, Kutuzov, and Khabarovsk are all OP.

Of those OP ships, the Gremy is questionably OP, though clearly superior to all other T5 DDs, with only the Fujin/Kamikaze being comparable (though achieving a different goal). The Nikolai is OP, but lol tier 4. Black would dominate the T9 meta if people actually had it, Belfast dominated T7 and will continue to do so for quite some time, Saipan literally serves as the biggest roadblock to CV players trying to go up the tree, Kutuzov dominates T8 and is the true source of "SMOKE IS OP PLZ NERF" complaints, and the Khab has been overperforming forever, and has been nerfed repeatedly... in every area EXCEPT the area its overperforming in.

Kaga isn't OP, its just good at farming people in randoms, it gets shut down far too easily by anything with good AA. Flint is arguably equal to the Atlanta, except the Atlanta has something exceedingly rare at T7 and the Flint doesn't. The Zao is much more in line now than it was previously, to the point that it may actually be underperforming. Fuckin French CAs. The Bismarck isn't OP... its just a really loving stupid boat that takes no effort to play but takes a lot of effort to kill. Unless you're an Enterprise. And the Fujin/Kamikaze aren't OP, they're just really good for their tier. Not saying much for a tier with a lot of lovely destroyers.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Th only thing that can be said about Fujin and Kamikaze is that they sidestepped the nerf that hit the practically identical Minekaze

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Unlocked Jack Dunkirk. Not sure if I should throw him on my Warspite or use him on my Belfast.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

AP posted:

I'd not really played this since beta but the new collection/mission things are great. Getting a Bismarck without having to rank up a Battleship line seemed like cheating to me. I don't like CV gameplay, I'm terrible in Cruisers and don't often do well with battleships except the Arkansas Beta which seems way overpowered or low tier players are just really dumb. I'm leveling up every destroyer tree though as I like them all.

Some of the missions though, Emden reward, nice I'll do that, get to last part of mission chain, have to be in a tier VIII+ German battleship, survive the battle, come top 3 in team, do 30k+ damage to British ships.... Spent millions on a Friedrich but need to level a captain so wasn't do that well in it, Bismarck I'm just not getting into the top 3 with all these tier X battleships on my team, gave up on the mission, just not going to do it.

One last game last night, take Bismarck out, only one British ship on enemy team so forget that, had previously ripped flags off to not waste them, doing ok damage for a change, getting in close for secondaries and not dying, smoke fades and undamaged Neptune appears broadside on at about 6 km. Unbelievable.

Took Emden out and was getting annoyed all these arseholes are shooting at my beautiful new ship.

Been playing way too much of this recently, even spent money on a Gallant, also yesterday had match come down to killing my 3rd Battleship for a Kraken Unleashed to win points advantage, just 5 seconds before match ended.

hang out in discord chat 2 have fun times with goons in the game in divs :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Handsome Ralph posted:

Unlocked Jack Dunkirk. Not sure if I should throw him on my Warspite or use him on my Belfast.

I'm saving mine for the RN BB line.