Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

lol the twitch st reamer didnt reply to me instantly

*unsub*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

said no one ever

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

list the 3 most important real time life critical tasks u can think of

1) ambulances
b) police
3) twitch chat

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

another options: a job

I mean, it IS a job. It may not fit into your idea of a typical job, but it's a living for those guys and the interaction between the streamer and the audience is a large part of being successful at that. Realtime community interaction is what makes twitch unique from other video platforms.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Just make an in game streaming system that you can't watch while you play and ban streamers for using anything else :devil:

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.

Kamikaze Raider posted:

I mean, it IS a job. It may not fit into your idea of a typical job, but it's a living for those guys and the interaction between the streamer and the audience is a large part of being successful at that. Realtime community interaction is what makes twitch unique from other video platforms.

Nothing is the old way. Distribution is dead, Retail is dying, and the new way is all digital. It's weird, millenials are spending money in odd places. I got a notification from the WallStreet Journal about Young Men skipping "real work" to fight "virtual wars"

I like the new way, gently caress working 70 hours a week breaking my back for bullshit companies. Of course I'm not getting paid in this new digital world, I'm still working traditionally. But more power to this weird world we're living in. But gently caress amazon.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

The realistic solution is to accept that you are literally broadcasting everything you are doing in real time in an intel-critical game and accept that people are going to leverage their available resources to gently caress you .

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

"a bloo bloo bloo i played internet hide and seek while streaming my exact location and people found me no fair plz ban"

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I'm going to report everyone that kills me for Stream Sniping.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I imagine just not broadcasting when you start matchmaking will keep you from being actively stream sniped in almost all cases (granted the not covered case where someone just stumbles upon you and opens your stream sounds like the one that just happened).

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

Croccers posted:

I'm going to report everyone that kills me for Stream Sniping.

I've been streaming bad goon squads this week with a hefty 0-1 viewers on average and guess what, Bluehole is going to be hearing from ME.

Fishbus
Aug 30, 2006

"Stuck in an RPG Pro-Tour"

Summit also did the pro strat of not moving out of a room after it was grenaded 6 times and already downed him once. Then the wrong(?) player was banned. Extremely good poo poo all-round from both parties if you ask me.

Fishbus fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jul 28, 2017

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
So what's to stop someone from just claiming they were stream sniped without even playing the game? It sounds like all it takes is an email. Bluehole is really dumb.

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Tweak posted:

I imagine just not broadcasting when you start matchmaking will keep you from being actively stream sniped in almost all cases (granted the not covered case where someone just stumbles upon you and opens your stream sounds like the one that just happened).

A lot of streamers do this, including the streamer involved in this bullshit (Summit1G). You don't see their screen until after they've ditched their parachute, but it's still not that hard to find them.

ChickenWing posted:

The realistic solution is to accept that you are literally broadcasting everything you are doing in real time in an intel-critical game and accept that people are going to leverage their available resources to gently caress you .

This is the correct answer.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Popete posted:

So what's to stop someone from just claiming they were stream sniped without even playing the game? It sounds like all it takes is an email. Bluehole is really dumb.

It probably takes a gently caress-ton of emails. I'm sure both Summit and Shroud's chats spammed the report button when it happened.

fargom
Mar 21, 2007
uhhh bluehole no doubt has server data to correlate user reports, it's hard to deny data that shows an individual making a B-line for a certain streamer every time he is in a game with said streamer. The real question is how Bluehole will use automated methods to ban vs real life humans checking server logs, ect.

Sounds like they have a threshhold to auto ban and summit's chat crossed the line, hopefully a review will overturn the ban if there is no server position data to back it up. Bluehole is gonna need to make a change if this is the case, however, because streamers will always result in mass reporting of a potentially innocent person.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

fargom posted:

uhhh bluehole no doubt has server data to correlate user reports, it's hard to deny data that shows an individual making a B-line for a certain streamer every time he is in a game with said streamer. The real question is how Bluehole will use automated methods to ban vs real life humans checking server logs, ect.

Sounds like they have a threshhold to auto ban and summit's chat crossed the line, hopefully a review will overturn the ban if there is no server position data to back it up. Bluehole is gonna need to make a change if this is the case, however, because streamers will always result in mass reporting of a potentially innocent person.

I think you're vastly overestimating this company's ability to work with UE4.

Nathan Wind
Nov 10, 2003
starring NATHAN WIND as COCHESE
Isn't this a big reason why they are implementing replays?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

fargom posted:

But how often could you get into a game with the same person in a day realistically? Maybe twice? There are so many games happening at once the idea some guy could repeatedly troll a youtuber enough to earn a ban doesnt seem real.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I highly doubt Bluehole has taken the time to setup a Stream Snipe algorithm that analysis a players route. They haven't even put in car horns.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

ChesterJT posted:

But how often could you get into a game with the same person in a day realistically? Maybe twice? There are so many games happening at once the idea some guy could repeatedly troll a youtuber enough to earn a ban doesnt seem real.

Played two rounds in a row a while back where, in the later round, we actually killed the guy who had been our rando in the round immediately prior.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

ChesterJT posted:

You can instantly tell which game you're in through the session id at the bottom of the screen so it's not like you have to wait for kills or anything.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Kamikaze Raider posted:

I don't think game developers should acknowledge or make concessions for it. If you want to play the game, play the game, do what it takes to make money, but if you broadcast your position in the game about being sneaky, you're gonna die. The only part of it I don't like is that some players get information others don't have by watching some stream. Maybe they could put a little icon over an enemy if they are streaming, and add a button to pin a guy's stream in the corner of the ui if you get them in your sights for a second or something. Then it's fair - everyone in-game has access to the info, it's not exclusive to those seeking out streamers to murder.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

ChesterJT posted:

I can't say for sure but I doubt it's quite as hard as that. Considering there is some level of matchmaking and the games have to have 80-100 people to even start, I think you'd actually have a pretty good chance of getting in the same game as someone else assuming your MMR is similar and you queue at the same time.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

ChesterJT posted:

I don't really care about the whole streamsniping thing but it is in fact surprisingly easy to get in the same game as someone. However, and I'm sorry if this was posted before and I missed it, it is likely that the majority of stream snipers only open the stream after the killfeed tells them a streamer is in their game, making overlays etc pretty much useless. Only a delay would fix that, but that's something with which only big poker streamers can get away.

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jul 28, 2017

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Athanatos posted:

It probably takes a gently caress-ton of emails. I'm sure both Summit and Shroud's chats spammed the report button when it happened.

I've never watched those two. I prefer watching people who don't take the game seriously yet are good at shooting mans.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

Parallel Playa posted:

Only a delay would fix that, but that's something with which only big poker streamers can get away.

Yeah the delay doesn't seem ideal, interacting with fans is a big part of what the streamers do. Stream sniping is loving lame, anybody who does it is a giant douche.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

fletcher posted:

Yeah the delay doesn't seem ideal, interacting with fans is a big part of what the streamers do. Stream sniping is loving lame, anybody who does it is a giant douche.

It's basically the same people who screen peak when you're playing against each other on a console.

By the same token, banning someone for that and making them pay for the game again, just because a streamer's idiot fans said so, is loving offensively dumb.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

lohli posted:

From what I've noticed it's not just generally failing to render, but there is some weird offset where it all renders 500m+ away from where it's supposed to.

I didn't try shooting at the misplaced assets, but I was able to down a guy who I presume I shouldn't have been able to hit who looked to me like he was walking in the air.
You can shoot through the "missing" assets but you can't walk through them.

I could drive but not walk through the missing walls when it happened to me. I could also drive my squad through the ghost houses. I could see items floating, but it happened late in the game and not being able to see every tiny thing that would stop movement was terrible.

This was the first house I came across. As soon as I walked in it I got stuck in a falling animation and the screen wouldn't stop shaking. I barely made it out before I fell through the floor

Then I got stuck in the cathedral seeing people running and jumping that weren't real. This guy standing in the door was hopping up and down crouching. I shot at him a lot. He wasn't real. I saw two other guys that didn't exist running around the yard by a wall. You can see a grenade floating in the upper left

Died right after this getting stuck on a wall I couldn't see fighting someone I could see through everything but couldn't tell when he wasn't blocked by something. I also didn't think he was real because I had been shooting at every other fake guy for a while. Terrible

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Anyone saying stream sniping is bad has clearly never gone on a stream safari before

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

fletcher posted:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ChickenWing posted:

Anyone saying stream sniping is bad has clearly never gone on a stream safari before

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fletcher posted:

On the other hand, streaming makes you a giant douche who deserves anything that happens to them as a result of their stream.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Yea the higher you are on the leaderboard the more often you run into the same people.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Stealthgerbil posted:

Yea the higher you are on the leaderboard the more often you run into the same people.

Watched a highlight reel where two of the clips were Grimmmz killing a duo jumping over him and Anthony on a bike. Took me a second to realize it was the exact same pair of dudes twice.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

"If you don't want to be grieved then turn of auto matchmaking"

If you don't want to be stream sniped then.... ???

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Teeter posted:

"If you don't want to be grieved then turn of auto matchmaking"

If you don't want to be stream sniped then.... ???

My favorite part of that is not only is she being a dick of a community manager, she's also loving illiterate.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
Queues are so quick right now. You should try to hide when you are queuing so people cant queue at the same time. I'm sure the big names might already do that.

Idea - have a fake queue vid to stream to throw people off.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Idea - who fuckin cares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

mcvey posted:

Idea - who fuckin cares

I agree with you. I don't really have sympathy for the streamers. I just like thinking about solutions to dumb problems.

As for that slyvinlisha post -
"If you don't want to be grieved turn matchmaking off" actually means team killers shouldn't be banned. You should just turn matchmaking off. ::psyduck::

• Locked thread