Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.

Pththya-lyi posted:

Mickey Mouse: I didn't say Minnie was crazy...

...I said she was loving Goofy.

Oh hohohohohoh I get this jape. It's a wordplay on the character goofy being incorrectly associated with the adjective goofy as crazy, so the confusion results of a hilarious statement rather than a serious adulterous action that ruins Micky's marriage. Funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Maldoror posted:

Goofy is actually a girl. Because, girls are goofy.

Get it?

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. I'll give you time to explain before I hit that "report" button, because I know mercy...

olaf2022
Feb 19, 2003
Fun Shoe
clearly a knockoff

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

i like that posted:

Wasn't Goofy was some kind of black guy?

:yeah:

Your thinking of daffy duck

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

nullEntityRNG posted:

Oh hohohohohoh I get this jape. It's a wordplay on the character goofy being incorrectly associated with the adjective goofy as crazy, so the confusion results of a hilarious statement rather than a serious adulterous action that ruins Micky's marriage. Funny

Mickey has never married Minnie. He's been stringing her along for almost 90 years and he still won't put a ring on it. No wonder she sought comfort in the arms of another

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

if you arrange still images from the goofy christmas special in a certain order it looks like goofy killed his wife and then went completely insane and murdered the neighbors in the night

Sammich
Sep 30, 2012

I mean, what else am I gonna do? I sit up here and I read the labels. Light goes on... Light goes off... That's pretty much my day.
I havent seen stand by me, whats a goofy

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Pththya-lyi posted:

Mickey has never married Minnie. He's been stringing her along for almost 90 years and he still won't put a ring on it. No wonder she sought comfort in the arms of another
Daffy's duck girl was also neglected romantically and got hers on the side

Wikipedia posted:

In The Henpecked Duck (1941), Daffy is unhappily married to his dominant wife, Mrs. Daffy Duck, who appears identical to her husband but with a brimmed hat and a skirt. She seeks a divorce from him in the court of Judge Porky Pig as he lost their egg after commanding him to sit on it. In the end, however, Daffy proves the egg is not lost and it hatches into a small black duckling named Junior who ends the cartoon by dismissing the case.

Finally, in Quackodile Tears (1962), Daffy is once again married to a fairly dominant wife, nicknamed Honey Bunch, who forces Daffy to sit on their egg (similar to the scenario in The Henpecked Duck). She also appears very similar to Daffy, but wears a pink skirt and bonnet. In the end, the egg hatches into a black duckling but Daffy had, in the course of the short, lost the unhatched egg in the middle of an alligator's nest of eggs.

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Putty posted:

Your thinking of daffy duck

^Please see above. I have receipts. Goofy is smarter than he puts on. 'Dominant wives' seems key.

i like that fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jul 28, 2017

murex
Apr 30, 2009

by Lowtax

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

eh behbeh

wanna ride my 7 inch goofy stick

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
Goofy is the second best Disney character due entirely to this sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUL5w91dzbo

loving hell, it's so loving funny. It's like Yakkity-Sax. You can put it over any video of something terrible happening and it instantly becomes hilarious.

NObodyNOWHERE fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Jul 29, 2017

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Dude, Goofy got himself some in the second Goofy movie when Max goes to college. Get your facts straight son

:goonsay:

E: gently caress you you made me think of that movie

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jul 29, 2017

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
Goofy's got a steamboat willie

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Gwaaarsh

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

Pluto is Mickey's slave OP

slavery is still A-OK in Mouseton, a confederate enclave

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
I always thought they lived in Detroit

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon
Goofy is a male negro

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Gooby pls

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Did the world ever give him a living?

pork steaks
May 30, 2017

a lovely boy

when i close my eyes i see this man

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

There's a goofy and gallant joke in all of this nightmare imagery

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

FlimFlam Imam posted:

This is a Goofy thread.

hell yeah

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I think he's a widower?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Goofy is to Pluto what man is to bonobos, OP.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

This is your answer right here, OP.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Regarding Goof Troop.

Did Goofy's wife/Max's mum die, or did she divorce Goofy?

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

In goof troop Goofy's wife is said to have passed away, circumstances unstated. She actually appears in pre-Goof Troop goofy cartoons but she is always obscured like the neighbour in home improvement. There are recurring jokes about her being a bad driver so she probably goofed while driving.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Are Americans aware that Goofy sometimes eats super peanuts and becomes Super-Goofy? Pretty sure that's a thing from the European comics.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Ride The Gravitron posted:

Goofy resembles an anthropomorphicdog, but he is more specifically, a "goof". He was originaly created as a human character with the name "Dippy Dawg" in later cartoons his name changed to G.G. ... Pluto is a non anthropomorphic dog, and thus has no human characteristics. The same goes for Minnie's cat, Figaro.

Isn't Figaro the name of the cat in Pinocchio?

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Mr.Tophat posted:

Isn't Figaro the name of the cat in Pinocchio?

Yes. I'd say that Minnie's cat doesn't have a name, but Disney (r)tm has probably given it a name.

Also:

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Good thread! I tip my hat to everyone for making it a solid 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
he's an enigma op

I guess you could say he's loving goofy :secsmug:

gooby pls

• Locked thread