Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luchacabra
Jun 12, 2015

funtax posted:

Nope. Already delivered. I didn't find the shipping notice until last night because it wound up in my spam folder. BBTS's advice was "write a letter to that address and ask them to send it to you".

Do you have any friends that still live in the area? It may be a long shot, but if you have them go by the house and ask in person about the shipment, it might up your chances of getting it back. Tell them it's for your kid's birthday if you want maximum sympathy.

It worked for me once. It wasn't a 10 year delay; I had moved only a few months prior. But I had a pile of loot that originated at my old address, and even though I had changed my customer info, and ordered new things in the meantime, the POL still used the address from the first thing ordered.

The box was still sitting at their house, as they had opened it up, but didn't know what to do with it. My friend picked it up and shipped it back to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Blackheart posted:

This...

would've been pretty cool actually.

Especially if they made Megatron transform into a dragon instead of a jet.

It also reminds me of Oilmaster.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Jul 27, 2017

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Is Pipes Uncle Ben, Jason Todd, or Bucky?

Considering none of them are X-Men, nope.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism

You Am I posted:

Holy hell YOU post here???

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Blackheart posted:

This...

would've been pretty cool actually.

That really does lend itself to the broken glass design of the movies more then the Car bots do.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

You Am I posted:

So what you're saying is that Pipes will be alive again soon.

Excellent.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Luchacabra posted:

Do you have any friends that still live in the area? It may be a long shot, but if you have them go by the house and ask in person about the shipment, it might up your chances of getting it back. Tell them it's for your kid's birthday if you want maximum sympathy.

Hehe. Sadly, our departure from that area was the result of an apocalyptic collapse of the place I worked at the time. It scattered everyone to the winds, almost immediately.

I figure it can't hurt to try the "write them a letter" gambit. I'd probably help someone if the situation was reversed, though I figure I'd need to find some way for it to not be insanely inconvenient for them and/or for them to have to spot me like $30 in shipping costs, sight unseen.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
When's the last time you made a purchase through them? It shipped to your current location? If so and this is their fuckup just keep escalating and take it to social media if need be.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I just spent about an hour posing Susanoo into the perfect final shelf pose and I don't know why people would want to flip this guy because he looks cool as gently caress.

There are a few areas where the orange paint needs a little touch up but other than that I resolved the wobbly panels I had (my fault, his hip armour pegs into the little arms it moves around on and I didn't spot it) and apparently I'm the only person in the world who didn't get a review sample that can lift him up by the turret without fear of it coming off.

Strong contender for my favourite toy I've bought this year and I don't even like Bludgeon that much.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
Weirdly when I went into my local Toys R Us this morning they had one of the Toys R Us exclusive MP10's (the tall red box one) in a semi-beat up box. I went ahead and snagged that. I only have the year of the sparkle one for that mold so I'm excited to have the normal color version.

Also picked up Trypticon. I was going to hold off due to the hip ratchet concerns but then it was there in person and there was money right there in my wallet...

Just a few more hours till I'm off work to see how that works out for me.

Edit: Oh I didn't realize MP 10 had been or was being reissued. This box is a new release then and just beat up some because who knows.

DisposableHero fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jul 27, 2017

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Rhyno posted:

When's the last time you made a purchase through them? It shipped to your current location? If so and this is their fuckup just keep escalating and take it to social media if need be.

Many years ago. Shipped to the old address. The error is almost certainly on my part, missing a "ship to billing address" box or something when I updated the billing info.

Kinda wish they listed the address on the pre-order verification email, because that didn't wind up going to my spam folder and I feel like I would've noticed the bad address then.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

History Comes Inside! posted:

I just spent about an hour posing Susanoo into the perfect final shelf pose and I don't know why people would want to flip this guy because he looks cool as gently caress.

There are a few areas where the orange paint needs a little touch up but other than that I resolved the wobbly panels I had (my fault, his hip armour pegs into the little arms it moves around on and I didn't spot it) and apparently I'm the only person in the world who didn't get a review sample that can lift him up by the turret without fear of it coming off.

Strong contender for my favourite toy I've bought this year and I don't even like Bludgeon that much.

I don't suppose you, or anyone else with Susanoo can scan the instructions for me? It looks like I got a pretty good non-floppy one but no instructions in the box so whoops. Getting in touch with Kapow to see if they can help but hedging my bets can't hurt!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

If nobody else does it by tomorrow morning (in about 8 hours) I'll stick it in an imgur album

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

EthanSteele posted:

I don't suppose you, or anyone else with Susanoo can scan the instructions for me? It looks like I got a pretty good non-floppy one but no instructions in the box so whoops. Getting in touch with Kapow to see if they can help but hedging my bets can't hurt!

Just watch Vangelus's video review!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

EthanSteele posted:

https://imgur.com/gallery/PuMNd

Imgur did some weird poo poo with the orientations of some pics but I'm heading out the door so I don't have time to fix it, I'm sure you'll figure it out!

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Thanks very much! Kapow got back to me with "they're hard to find, have you checked behind the cardboard insert, that's where they are normally hidden" which is just on the borderline of useful and patronising.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

So did you check behind the cardboard?

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
There isn't any! Its just a naked box with the thing in, nothing for it to hide behind at all, I even quadruple checked and shook the box extra hard when the man said a thing just in case I was being a dummy. Also I'm too weak to change man to tank. Please someone come play with toy for me.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah there's supposed to be a cardboard insert behind the plastic tray he sits in so there's more than just the instructions missing for you.

I briefly unboxed him at my desk at work when I first got him and then had to quickly unbox him again because I forgot to check behind the insert for his instructions, so I was almost the kind of idiot kapow are expecting you to be.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
So I missed the chance to preorder that BBTS exclusive Titans Return set. Anyone know if they're going to do a second run or am I pretty much screwed?

I did manage to get lucky and find the TRU set at a con.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Gammatron 64 posted:

So I missed the chance to preorder that BBTS exclusive Titans Return set. Anyone know if they're going to do a second run or am I pretty much screwed?

I did manage to get lucky and find the TRU set at a con.

Siege on Cybertron? RK has it
http://www.robotkingdom.com/c1864as00.html

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
To anybody interested, that Optimus Evolution 2 Pack with the Orion Pax remold of Kup is back up on Amazon for 30 bucks. Glad it hit as I almost got it from TFSource for double, ha.

Huh, interesting. Wonder when BBTS will charge their preorders, then.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Titans Return Arcee is another Blurr retool and Ultra Magnus is her head.

There's also a Grimlock MTG card.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Rhyno posted:

She's also a Hascon exclusive. I must get her!

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Magnus isn't her head. He's an extra Titan Master that comes with her. It's like the Rodimus and Thunderwing in the boxsets, he just turns into his own head.

Edit - she's also not exclusive, she'll just be available at Hascon ahead of a wider release.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

pubic works project posted:

She's also a Hascon exclusive. I must get her!

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

(someone pick one up for me)

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

(someone pick one up for me)

Actually I just read that she'll be available later this year after Hascon. I can relax now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

pubic works project posted:

Actually I just read that she'll be available later this year after Hascon. I can relax now.

She's gonna be $30 and available "after the con."

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
So, is Don dead now?

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

History Comes Inside! posted:

Yeah there's supposed to be a cardboard insert behind the plastic tray he sits in so there's more than just the instructions missing for you.

I briefly unboxed him at my desk at work when I first got him and then had to quickly unbox him again because I forgot to check behind the insert for his instructions, so I was almost the kind of idiot kapow are expecting you to be.

Yep I definitely don't have that in there! Dang! I got the extra face though!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
TR Trypticon is showing up at Ollie's for $50.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Rhyno posted:

April fools? What day is this, that toy just appeared at TRU?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Jesus christ, that's not even funny. I don't want Trypticon, but for that price I would.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

strangehamster posted:

April fools? What day is this, that toy just appeared at TRU?

After a few days of aggressive Ollie's checking for Fort Max, I'm passing on this opportunity. I don't need the super big dudes anyway. Hopefully some of you get a cool, cheap Trypticon!

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

TheDK posted:

After a few days of aggressive Ollie's checking for Fort Max, I'm passing on this opportunity. I don't need the super big dudes anyway. Hopefully some of you get a cool, cheap Trypticon!

Hey uh, so you want to, ehhhh hmm, FIND ME ONE

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

strangehamster posted:

Hey uh, so you want to, ehhhh hmm, FIND ME ONE

Nah son

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Dude get me one!!! :glomp::homebrew:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
No joke, dude posted the receipt and everything.

BBTS and someone else reported a lot of their stock arrived in sun grade condition, Diamond delayed the ship date on their so people are assuming they are damaged units.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Rhyno posted:

Jesus, now I gotta check tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

Rhyno posted:

No, Ultra Magnus is a little buddy she comes with. Her head is called Leinad.

There's also a functioning USB charger that turns into Optimus Prime:

Not pictured is his little light up sword.

Speaking of Grimlock:

I really REALLY want that stupid card set!