Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Cry Havoc posted:

10 +1 ticket gave me a third rikku that i immediately fused

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

WebDO posted:

So my last summer pull was Refia, my first copy. Is Y'shtola better then her, or should I swap healers?

If you have a source of dual cast (Soul of Thamasa from T.Terra or dual cast materia from Ludmille) then Refia's comparable to Y'shtola. Refia gets Full Raise, Embolden to buff ATK&DEF, and is immune to the worst status effects for casters. Y'shtola has a DEF&SPR buff, a single target full heal that isn't a spell so it can't be dual cast, and with her exclusive weapon and armor and can equip a shield is a bit more durable than Refia. It's basically up in the air!

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

WebDO posted:

So my last summer pull was Refia, my first copy. Is Y'shtola better then her, or should I swap healers?

Do you have dualcast materia to give her? If so Refia is arguably better, but I think they each have their roles where you'd use them. If you don't have dualcast Y'Shtola is hands down superior.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Ran one last story dungeon last night and was 10 NRG short so I decided to use one of those energy pots. Apparently I have 55 10NRG pots built up already. :eyepop:

Scrublord Prime posted:

If you have a source of dual cast (Soul of Thamasa from T.Terra or dual cast materia from Ludmille) then Refia's comparable to Y'shtola. Refia gets Full Raise, Embolden to buff ATK&DEF, and is immune to the worst status effects for casters. Y'shtola has a DEF&SPR buff, a single target full heal that isn't a spell so it can't be dual cast, and with her exclusive weapon and armor and can equip a shield is a bit more durable than Refia. It's basically up in the air!

Y'shtola's LB is also a damage reduction effect, but we've got Rikku now it doesn't matter nearly as much.

e: Tossed a couple tickets at the banner, got another Garnet (gonna need to TM grind one or both of mine some day) and Xon #3 along with more Almas and other junk.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jul 28, 2017

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I didn't get my 10+1 (that's tomorrow), but I did do some pulls and got a Fryvia. I could use some Fryvia tips, though I'm not sure how well she fits with my existing squad.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Echophonic posted:

I didn't get my 10+1 (that's tomorrow), but I did do some pulls and got a Fryvia. I could use some Fryvia tips, though I'm not sure how well she fits with my existing squad.

Build her for MAG+dual wield (genji glove preferred), get her TM sword+enhancer, and as many letters and arms as you can. She really only chains well with herself but she's stupid strong.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Got two Exdeath, my first, and my first Ashe from the 10+1 ticket. Still more excited about Helena.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Blew my 10+1 ticket and got a Lightning. I guess I can kit her out for some trial soloing or something.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

hamsystem posted:

Build her for MAG+dual wield (genji glove preferred), get her TM sword+enhancer, and as many letters and arms as you can. She really only chains well with herself but she's stupid strong.

Ok, so she's being filed under Long-Term Projects, then. I have almost none of those things.

I have to do a few runs of the event, but I should have a decent Agrias by the end of the day. I just need awakening mats, I think I have enough cactuars. I saw a recommended build for her the other day, but I forget what it was.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

What's the preferred friend unit build / weapon element for Agrias/Gaffgarion for the event? The second to last boss and the boss' flunkies are immune to light but the boss itself isn't. Is it worth going light element and relying on DR's light resist down to damage the trash and then DR chain the boss to death? Or just swap to fire weapons (Crimson Saber, Chirijiraden, Vernard, Flametongue, etc.) or so?

I haven't done Elite yet due to cactuar farming. I'm currently sharing a 595 ATK lv100 Agrias with Excalibur, Diabolos for Devil & Man Killer, and I stuck the Man Eater materia and Sun Barrette on for an extra Devil & Man Killer.

I checked the boss page too, Ultima's vulnerable to breaks but of course that just makes Ultima use even stronger attacks. drat break traps :argh:

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I think the general consensus was using a fire weapon for Agrias. I have Rain's trial sword on one and a vernard on another and they 1 shot the last boss lady.

Echophonic posted:

Ok, so she's being filed under Long-Term Projects, then. I have almost none of those things.

I have to do a few runs of the event, but I should have a decent Agrias by the end of the day. I just need awakening mats, I think I have enough cactuars. I saw a recommended build for her the other day, but I forget what it was.

If you can get her TM and a dual wield to start she can still beast through a lot of stuff.

hamsystem fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jul 28, 2017

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Gotcha, thanks. Now to wait for my expedition unit with the Crimson Saber to return so I can give it to Agrias! :doh:

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Got a rainbow crystal today... Dark Fina. That's... pretty nice, I guess. Any of her enhancements worth getting?

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

DaveWoo posted:

Got a rainbow crystal today... Dark Fina. That's... pretty nice, I guess. Any of her enhancements worth getting?

Ultima for sure. It turns it into a chain attack and reduces the MP cost. Plus, you're not using those black magic crysts on anything else.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Mr. Swoon posted:

Ultima for sure. It turns it into a chain attack and reduces the MP cost. Plus, you're not using those black magic crysts on anything else.

Unless you have Trance Terra in which case you're hoarding the heck out of them.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jul 28, 2017

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007
woof, what the hell happened with the enemy sprites for this event? the tiamat, ghidra, and hashmal all look like hell. really weird perspective, like they're still in the isometric fields of FFT.

I thought Velius and crew from the last event transferred over quite nicely. lol not this time, though.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Where are you guys getting a free 10+1 ticket? Is it from something a new player doesn't have access to?

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

soscannonballs posted:

Where are you guys getting a free 10+1 ticket? Is it from something a new player doesn't have access to?

It's the day 28 login bonus for this month

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

10+1 got me a second Setzer and 10 worthless 3*s.

What sort of devil pact do I have to make to get a Fryevia/Roberta so I can get rid of these trust moogles?

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Pro tip: you can use the Manufactured Nethicite ability from the story event to stuff High Seraph's Ultima. Ultima probably won't kill a max Agrias so it doesn't save you much time, but it might help with the no KO quest if nothing else.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

My 10+1 ticket gave me Mercenary Ramza. :negative:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Hello all you REM havers, I'm begging/pleading for you to switch out your Agrias for your whale REM this weekend so that I may attempt Aiagaion. I need her to be able to survive a typical Aigaion turn, so please max out her SPR and DEF as best you can!

If anybody needs a MP battery, I've got Bran pimped out and posted as my friend. He can sing 50 MP per turn and is very well protected.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jul 28, 2017

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Echophonic posted:

She (Fryevia) is definitely someone to build for. I can certainly understand not having the gear for her but depending on your current state of units she might be worth prioritizing. She's very powerful.

Mill Village posted:

My 10+1 ticket gave me Mercenary Ramza. :negative:

Congrats on your good TM and 100% bonus unit

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i got a meliadoul on my ex 10+1 along with another agrias :v: and another chiz :v: and another cecil. also amelia number two i guess if i want to mess with those. i was really tempted to wait until some more units were added to the pool but i guess getting a reraise was pretty nice

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
I got Rasler #3, Leon # 4 and yet another Guy. I have 30% hp coming out my ears. I think I can almost make a hard light immune (200%) tank once I get those done. I doubt that that's useful outside of maybe in arena.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Cartoon Man posted:

Hello all you REM havers, I'm begging/pleading for you to switch out your Agrias for your whale REM this weekend so that I may attempt Aiagaion. I need her to be able to survive a typical Aigaion turn, so please max out her SPR and DEF as best you can!

If anybody needs a MP battery, I've got Bran pimped out and posted as my friend. He can sing 50 MP per turn and is very well protected.

Okay. I'll leave my Rem up for the weekend. 447 SPR, 225 DEF

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Pulled pure poo poo with the 10+1 ticket.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

hoping this is for faster tm farming and not the creation of some kind of suicide squad

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Cry Havoc posted:

hoping this is for faster tm farming and not the creation of some kind of suicide squad

I just threw it together for the picture. I did indeed only keep all 5 for faster TM farming, I just haven't started that yet.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Should I put the rune blade on the main hand or off hand for Agrias? I have two of her, but only one dual wield

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

new kind of cat posted:

woof, what the hell happened with the enemy sprites for this event? the tiamat, ghidra, and hashmal all look like hell. really weird perspective, like they're still in the isometric fields of FFT.

I thought Velius and crew from the last event transferred over quite nicely. lol not this time, though.

I thought they were intentionally made to look more like FFT sprites. They kind of did this in the last FFT event.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

rabidsquid posted:

also amelia number two i guess if i want to mess with those.

I took both of mine to level 100 for the arena. Absolutely worth it because 4x stop-inflicting AOE shuts down anything. Evasion tanks might evade the damage at first, but stop can still land and once it does they can't evade any more.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

If I want Rosa should I roll now or wait (I assume there will be some kind of FF4 specific banner at some point)?

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Why Rosa?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Ugato posted:

Congrats on your good TM and 100% bonus unit

Its one good thing about him. I guess I could make an FFT team with him, Agrias, Gafgarion, Meliadoul, and Alma to make the most of my bonuses.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

soscannonballs posted:

If I want Rosa should I roll now or wait (I assume there will be some kind of FF4 specific banner at some point)?

She's on last week's banner which you can still pull on but she's also sharing the gold crystal rate up with Refia. I think she just got a 6* form in Japan so until that rolls around in 6+ months I'd be surprised if she showed up on a banner again. There might be some other event like the Global exclusive Bahamut raid where Firion and Kain got on the banner but I wouldn't bet on it.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

hagie posted:

Why Rosa?

FF4 was my favorite game when I was a kid so I would like to get as many characters from that game just to have.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

soscannonballs posted:

FF4 was my favorite game when I was a kid so I would like to get as many characters from that game just to have.

You'll eventually get stuck with her without doing anything other than normal pulls.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I like this event. I'm getting at least 1k per run with my poo poo team of bonus dudes+olive. 2k if one of my friends has delita or ramza up. 4k+ if a chocobo shows up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
I chased my Meliadoul waifu and ended up pulling Mel, Orran, Ashe, Rasler, Bran, Setzer, Rikku, Xon, Luneth, Ace and 2 Merc Ramzas across 25 tickets.

:whatup:

BRB, buying a lottery ticket.

• Locked thread