Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

caps on loving midlane blue kayn. what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

baby faker, caps, faker, baby,m baby faker, eu mid solo killed faker, the faker killers, eu best mids in the world, number one region, fnatic

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
How did nobody die in a team fight that long

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

rabidsquid posted:

baby faker, caps, faker, baby,m baby faker, eu mid solo killed faker, the faker killers, eu best mids in the world, number one region, fnatic

i agree wholeheartedly. when is your espn esports column coming out

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

hans sama channeling mr. peng there

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Hans Sama is just inting now

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Hans Sama really, really needed Tabi this game.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

lmfao

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Still outdamages Rekkles

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

A summoner has disconnected.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Lovechop posted:

i agree wholeheartedly. when is your espn esports column coming out

soaz is the little bird that lives inside the alligators mouth that is reknless, my feature article:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I'm glad that even these commentators aren't having any of Dardoch's poo poo anymore.

edit: Ryu's back. :unsmith:

Vermain fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jul 28, 2017

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Vermain posted:

I'm glad that even these commentators aren't having any of Dardoch's poo poo anymore.

edit: Ryu's back. :unsmith:

He came off as the least awful person in that documentary and he's still an rear end in a top hat

The dive spent a good five minutes on the newest episode just talking about how bad he's burned Bridges and what a douche he is. Rules

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Ryu's gonna have to play his heart out on this one. If his walls aren't on point and Echo Fox doesn't play like a bunch of animals, they're going to ram this Sivir rushdown comp straight down Arrow's throat.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Game over see ya in 30 minutes

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Arrow really, really, really needs to rush QSS this game or else he's just going to get Maokai rooted in every single fight.

edit: also he really needs to not build loving lethality against two full tanks

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

xpecial is channeling the ancient spirit of madlife this game

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Echo Fox got so thirsty for that pick lmao

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
Okay, plants were a great addition.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

P1 really hosed themselves by not respecting inhib respawn timers. If this were any team other than Echo Fox, I'd say it was over, but they keep finding new and interesting ways to throw their chances away.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

this game of red rover is weird

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

P1 really needed to keep their draft flexible. If you see Maokai and Janna on the same team by now, I think you can intuit exactly what sort of comp they're going for, and Blitzcrank/Jhin is not the combo you need to counter it. To their credit, they executed it well, but not ending the game before 30 minutes more-or-less sealed the deal.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
Penis1 exposed the entire base and still couldn't win :allears:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Max Coveri posted:

Penis1 exposed the entire base and still couldn't win :allears:

They backed off and started hovering Baron at a really bad time. You've got two enemy inhibs coming up at more-or-less the same time, and the enemy comp has started to become monstrous. Their big problem was that they absolutely needed to 1-3-1 or 4-1 to get the necessary pressure to do Baron safely, but Blitz/Jhin just cannot disengage fights well enough to be able to pull that off.

At the least, I think Xpecial should have gone Coin and built Talisman, or at least swapped out Relic for Coin after first back. It does make laning phase a little worse, but if you get to the point where the Sivir rushdown comp has hit its major spike and you have zero ways of getting your relatively immobile team to safety, you're just gonna lose every single fight after.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jul 29, 2017

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

That was a bad idea for P1 to try to engage then since EchoFox still had the Taric ult.

Plus that outplay of Ryu by Brandini, though, there's no way he could have held.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Man, I just don't know what to think about P1. They looked very solid at RR and then have absolutely fallen apart once they returned to NALCS. Either EU really is that bad, or they just haven't been able to figure out effective drafts for the new meta. I'm voting more of the latter, given how weird and incoherent both of those comps were.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

I think flash-hooking 4v5 with taric ult up may have been a mistake

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I recall an Xpecial Thresh hook engage also causing P1 to eat poo poo against Fnatic back during RR. I think he's pretty good on Thresh, but man do they sometimes choose some really wonky situations to go in on.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Vermain posted:

Man, I just don't know what to think about P1. They looked very solid at RR and then have absolutely fallen apart once they returned to NALCS. Either EU really is that bad, or they just haven't been able to figure out effective drafts for the new meta. I'm voting more of the latter, given how weird and incoherent both of those comps were.

I feel like this draft was pretty good, aside from maybe the Rek'sai pick. They just never did anything to set up a team fight where Sivir ult and Thresh could deliver Cho'gath into the backline except for their first baron attempt, which they disengaged because ????

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Crazy Larry posted:

I feel like this draft was pretty good, aside from maybe the Rek'sai pick. They just never did anything to set up a team fight where Sivir ult and Thresh could deliver Cho'gath into the backline except for their first baron attempt, which they disengaged because ????

I think the problem for me was that Echo Fox built really solid disengage into their comp and P1 didn't have much to go in with aside from Thresh landing a hook or a Rek'Sai knockup. The big reason the Sivir rushdown comp's worked in the past is because it's paired with something like Maokai, where you just have this big fuckoff engage tool to facilitate getting into the backline. If they tried to set up an engage, all I feel would happen is that Gate would pop Talisman and Gragas would huck his R and then you're back to watching Froggen farm for another two minutes.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

hahahaha they're already putting dardoch with piglet

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Vermain posted:

I think the problem for me was that Echo Fox built really solid disengage into their comp and P1 didn't have much to go in with aside from Thresh landing a hook or a Rek'Sai knockup. The big reason the Sivir rushdown comp's worked in the past is because it's paired with something like Maokai, where you just have this big fuckoff engage tool to facilitate getting into the backline. If they tried to set up an engage, all I feel would happen is that Gate would pop Talisman and Gragas would huck his R and then you're back to watching Froggen farm for another two minutes.

Maybe, but they never made any attempt to set up an engage, which is what their team was built around. Instead they just let Camille slowly win the game split pushing without making any attempt to do the one thing their comp was built to do and actively disengaging the one clear chance they had to engage.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I just noticed that Olleh and Cody Sun coordinated their skins. :3:

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Can't wait for Dardoch to call Goldenglue a shitter.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I fully admit to always getting a good laugh when Goldenglue does some weird/lovely play and Twitch chat immediately explodes into nonstop Vault Boy.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

hahaha what is going on in this game. what the gently caress

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

This game is pretty funny.

RIP Vulcun and Bloodwater. Still the best Baron steal.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Has Cody Sun just, like... never seen a Zyra before, or what?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

There's the TL we all know and love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Oh, Team Liquid

• Locked thread