Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.
How long until the Executive Branch breaks down so much the Legislature is forced to implement a Parliamentary system just so that the Government can function?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billy the Mountain
Feb 3, 2005

I used to be TheRealLuquado

haveblue posted:

Priebus is the guy in Goodfellas who thought Joe Pesci was funny.

No, Priebus is Spider.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

QuoProQuid posted:

i mean, he could veto a debt ceiling increase

The most bipartisan action of 2017 could be all 100 senators voting to overturn some dumb spite veto

Followed by Trump complaining in 140 characters about yet another check and balance he learned about only once it inconvenienced him

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

One of my friends made this mashup of McCain's vote with Rules of Nature from MGS: Revengeance and it's real good, y'all.

http://vmashup.com/1IWP5rmA

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

So uh, what exactly does this mean?

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

WampaLord posted:

One of my friends made this mashup of McCain's vote with Rules of Nature from MGS: Revengeance and it's real good, y'all.

http://vmashup.com/1IWP5rmA

Yeah hilarious thanks for sharing

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Triskelli posted:

That electronic voting is not even remotely secure.

BlueberryCanary
Mar 18, 2016

Triskelli posted:

Voting machines are not secure.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Triskelli posted:

After President Trump is re-elected with 75% of the vote, one of his children will win POTUS in 2024 with 80%.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
You know that wacky trendy thing where you connect really inappropriate things to the internet like coke machines and refrigerators and dumb poo poo like that? Well how about voting machines??

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Tillerson seems like he might just quit on his own instead of getting fired by Trump. He was set to retire before this, only took the job because his wife suggested it, and has been visibly frustrated by the administration the entire time.

I think that's a lie. Sleepy Rex only wants to lift sanctions.

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jul 29, 2017

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Flesh Forge posted:

You know that wacky trendy thing where you connect really inappropriate things to the internet like coke machines and refrigerators and dumb poo poo like that? Well how about voting machines??

Much more reason to connect a coke machine to the Internet than a voting machine, IMO. If you manage 10 vending machines, you can view purchasing trends over time and automate re-ordering.

pocket pool
Aug 4, 2003

B U T T S

Bleak Gremlin

Triskelli posted:

It means he won the popular vote and we better have a voter commission investigate fraud!

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
It's cool how none of the crazy rear end events of the last 24 hours involved the biggest crime in American political history

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

nachos posted:

It's cool how none of the crazy rear end events of the last 24 hours involved the biggest crime in American political history

Leakers leaking true things about Trump, and Fake News reporting on it?

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Billy the Mountain posted:

No, Priebus is Spider.

and Comey is Billy Batts, it's perfect

BlueberryCanary
Mar 18, 2016

nachos posted:

Actually, the events of the past 24 hours prove beyond a doubt that Hillary Clinton conspired with Russia to Benghazi Seth Rich using Deep State Obama emails.

Don't believe me? Just wait for the Mueller investigation to wrap up. Cucks.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

PT6A posted:

Much more reason to connect a coke machine to the Internet than a voting machine, IMO. If you manage 10 vending machines, you can view purchasing trends over time and automate re-ordering.

Yeah but have you considered new technology is scary and bad?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAhEwxzmW2k

Conservatives can't be funny. On purpose, I mean

Tunafish
Jun 13, 2003
King of all that is suck
Fun Shoe
I remember a story about an internet connected device having terrible consequences.

http://www.somethingawful.com/icq-pranks/icq-transcript-eneticonappliance/1/

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

voting machines aren't connected to the internet

some are connected to an internal network within that particular voting station, but the data has to be physically delivered

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

QuoProQuid posted:

Many are USB enabled. An inconspicuous dongle is all that's needed

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

QuoProQuid posted:

some are connected to an internal network within that particular voting station, but the data has to be physically delivered

Well maybe they should be, is all I'm saying :shrug:

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Holy drat, I take a nap for a few hours and Rience is gone and Mooch's wife is dumping him.

This is the best reality show!

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

if you dont like youtube mashups maybe you like memes

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013
I can't remember, is Moochie mauve or burgundy?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

enraged_camel posted:

Holy drat, I take a nap for a few hours and Rience is gone and Mooch's wife is dumping him.

This is the best reality show!

The most compelling evidence for all this being fiction is whoever named Reince Priebus clearly just wrote RNC PR BS then added vowels.

I didn't notice this myself, but it is extremely suspicious.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

to talk real policy, though, it has been over 15 years since the federal government allocated real money toward voting systems. many of the systems in place today are literally falling apart, forcing some areas to revert back to pen and paper and hand counting.

if trump really wanted to promote election security, he would support a new grant program to help states address these issues

Slowpoke Rodriguez
Jun 20, 2009
Also, Scaramucci's name is waaaay to on the nose.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

QuoProQuid posted:

to talk real policy, though, it has been over 15 years since the federal government allocated real money toward voting systems. many of the systems in place today are literally falling apart, forcing some areas to revert back to pen and paper and hand counting.

if trump really wanted to promote election security, he would support a new grant program to help states address these issues

Didn't Congress just de-fund the only federal agency left that regulates the voting machines or something?

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream

QuoProQuid posted:

if trump really wanted to promote election security

:lol:

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Coward-in-chief

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/891085012401094656

marxismftw
Apr 16, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

What law are public offcials breaking by blocking criticisms

I know this is from a few pages back, but it's an intrinsic feature of the first amendment protection on speech. Twitter is a public forum (that is, each individual tweet thread is likely a separate forum, analogous to a town-hall meeting) and when a government official restricts speech outright, in such a forum, in a manner that discriminates by viewpoint (such as here, by silencing critics), courts apply the most stringent standards to determine whether the restriction can stand. Namely, the restriction has to serve a compelling governmental interest (usually, something critical to governance or governmental function, or human life; rather than merely a preference). The restriction must be narrowly tailored to serve that interest, which in practice means that it at not point burdens otherwise protected speech, and the restriction must be the least intrusive means possible to achieving it's function. In practice, its nearly impossible for a law or policy challenged under strict scrutiny to survive. The ruling from a district court here is obvious. Less obvious is whether a higher court attempts to carve out some new exception or reason that twitter is not a public forum, which seems pretty unlikely.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

marxismftw posted:

I know this is from a few pages back, but it's an intrinsic feature of the first amendment protection on speech. Twitter is a public forum (that is, each individual tweet thread is likely a separate forum, analogous to a town-hall meeting) and when a government official restricts speech outright, in such a forum, in a manner that discriminates by viewpoint (such as here, by silencing critics), courts apply the most stringent standards to determine whether the restriction can stand. Namely, the restriction has to serve a compelling governmental interest (usually, something critical to governance or governmental function, or human life; rather than merely a preference). The restriction must be narrowly tailored to serve that interest, which in practice means that it at not point burdens otherwise protected speech, and the restriction must be the least intrusive means possible to achieving it's function. In practice, its nearly impossible for a law or policy challenged under strict scrutiny to survive. The ruling from a district court here is obvious. Less obvious is whether a higher court attempts to carve out some new exception or reason that twitter is not a public forum, which seems pretty unlikely.

Does this mean that trump blocking people is now illegal? :haw:

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Your Taint posted:

Didn't Congress just de-fund the only federal agency left that regulates the voting machines or something?

the house appropriations committee voted to shut down the election assistance commission recently, but i do not believe the bill moved beyond that

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Triskelli posted:

The next Republican nominee is going to win 124% of the vote.
Every minority will lie and vote Republican even though telling the exit pollsters they voted Democrat.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

PT6A posted:

I dunno if this is still true but a lot of those touchscreen "choose from 500 different flavor" coke machines are internet connected because they send back to Coke the different combinations of flavors people use to see if they can bottle and sell it.

marxismftw
Apr 16, 2010

NewMars posted:

Does this mean that trump blocking people is now illegal? :haw:

Hard to say. Certainly yes, but since you'd have to bring civil suit against the official doing it, and the President is immune to suit will he's in office, functionally no. I believe (but am not sure of) that you could sue him for $ damages after he leaves the white house.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Spacebump posted:

After President Trump is re-elected with 75% of the vote, one of his children will win POTUS in 2024 with 80%.

This shouldn't happen in America. Maybe Ohio, but not in America!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
So both comey and priebus were surprise-fired remotely. I thought this dipshit's whole thing was loving to fire people. what a pussy.

• Locked thread